Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

New 7754 Home One info and pics

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: New 7754 Home One info and pics

Postby Master Fetty » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:52 pm

Jabba the Taff wrote:If anything tips the balance, it'll be the fact that Madine - the first figure I ever bought and the only one I had for months! - is in it.

From memory, I don't think Madine has been in any other sets before this.

HothTrooper - you're right about those pictures looking like the final set. Makes you wonder at what stage the other two were in their design process.
Master Fetty

Postby The Brain » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:15 pm

^^He's referencing an actual action figure, not a minifig.
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Postby BigBenKenobi » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:26 am

So, basically after looking at the new higher resolution images of this set, I'm very impressed. The minifigures and the new A-wing are really the selling points of the set. But the thing is I can't get over the proce at the moment.
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
BigBenKenobi

Postby bobalego » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:59 am

I thank LEGO for producing these SW sets, because I can avoid them like the plague and save up to buy a UCS Falcon...SW LEGO sets should not be made after ships that were not originally conceptionalized by Ralph McQuarrie or Doug Chiang...IMHO. I may be wrong but let me know of a ship/vehicle not designed by one of them that isn't the coolest...Aside from Lucas who came up with the shape of Slave I from a light fixture...
bobalego

Postby lostone » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:30 pm

i was really looking forward to this set but the price is gonna really put me of for what i spend on this i could get a couple of the echo base sets and mabe a extra snowspeeder of ebay for the same price, and make a real nice scene with the playset of last year's,beside the mini figs are bound to come out in magnet form and the rest of the set would i reckon be cheap on ebay in the future, i dunno seems a very cynical marketing ploy on legos behalf when they asked what we wanted i thought it would be real special, not a blatent cash grab. :roll: lol apologies for the terrible typing in advance.
lostone

Postby Masta' Bo » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:26 pm

Well, the price isn't bad compared to the At-OT and Dropship set...plus, I mean, exclusive figs and a new mold. (Ackbar looks magnificent.) Plus an A-wing, which, it seems to me, aren't exactly available except on pricey eBay. So, I really don't think there's reason to complain.

It'll lower $10 once it hits S@H, imo. (Just like the Hoth Rebel Base TRU exclusive set).
Because I'm a bothan...or a brick. Bo out.
Brickshelf
"No, Lois, LEGO is not the same as MegaBloks, and as soon as you figure that out, the sooner we can get this marriage back on track."
Masta' Bo

Postby Mandalorian Candidat » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:42 pm

ricefields wrote:in regard to the last playset before this, I would consider the 6211 star destroyer or 7666 hoth base sort of like playsets unless Mandalorian Candidat was talking about two or more scenes connected on a platform in which case ultimate duel does not fall into either. These type of multi scene playsets would only include death star and cloud city.

I was looking at it as more of a set that has a stationary element as its main bulk, although that could include Jabba's Sailbarge and the Star Destroyer since they are large enough and have substantial space for as a playset. Technically, the Hoth Base is one but since the snowspeeder is a large part of it I don't think of it as one in the strictest sense.

Although the Home One is a TRU exclusive, I'm looking forward to it now. The more I think about it, I really like the idea of having the essential parts of the ship instead of a behemoth with lots of parts but limited playability.
Mandalorian Candidat

Postby Jabba the Taff » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Master Fetty wrote:
Jabba the Taff wrote:If anything tips the balance, it'll be the fact that Madine - the first figure I ever bought and the only one I had for months! - is in it.

From memory, I don't think Madine has been in any other sets before this.

The Brain wrote:^^He's referencing an actual action figure, not a minifig.

Yeah, it was the action figure, but I should have made it clearer. It was the only thing my local toy shop had in stock besides that strange snowtrooper-roller-thingy (can't find a picture of it at the moment) for months. The fun of living in the back of beyond.

Back to Home One and I'm now mulling over how good the play features, with the crane mechanism, are on this. The video I'd seen of it made it appear slightly pointless. Has anybody had a go with it?
Jabba the Taff

Postby Tanobelus » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:35 am

Looking at the new pictures, I'm really looking forward to that set. I'm very interested in the A-Wing (my first one), and while the hangar isn't really impressive, the briefing room and the commanding deck make up for it in my opinion. I especially love the transparent Death-Star hologram !
Tanobelus

Postby Larry Lars » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:53 am

I don't like the huge head of the Mon Calmari on the pic with the set. I think there is to much inconcistancy in how they design alien and sculpted robot characters in the Star Wars line. The Mon Calmari have big heads in the movie, but on top of a minifig body I think these heads make them look like Fabuland animals.
When they leave the standard minifig head they seems to be shooting from the hip a lot. They are trying a lot of wierd stuff and never stick to any standard method. I mean, some are made in rubber, some are tiny like the Magnaguard head. Greedo and gnosians are pretty good, but these are too big I think. I'd like them to treat them as something that would fit toghether in your collection. Now it seems to be on a from set to set matter really.
Larry Lars

Postby logang1 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:09 am

Totally agree, the Mon Calamari head is just too big......its also probably made from that rubbery material that the Kit Fisto head was cast in.
logang1

Postby HothTrooper » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:25 pm

I'd say the Mon Calamari head is probably made of regular LEGO ABS. LEGO's stated before that the rubber material is only for small, sharp pieces that present a significant choking hazard like the points on Kit Fisto's head tails, Plo Koon's breath mask, and Yoda's ears. The Mon Calamari head doesn't have any sharp edges on it.
HothTrooper

Postby meeotch » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:26 pm

In other words, CHOW DOWN, yo!!!!
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby sandcrawler » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:38 pm

Also, they've photoshopped the Calamari down in size to match the other figs in the photo.

I like where they're going with this set. Better than the Endor one, but it'll need some heavy customizing to bring it up to speed. Ackbar couldve been better, but those Madine and Lando figs are the win.
sandcrawler

Postby SWLegoFanatic » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:54 am

When is this set due out? It was listed in one of the Lego mailings I got as Toys R RUs exclusive...
SWLegoFanatic

Postby Joedward » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:25 pm

It's actually available at the moment.

Just not where you live.
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby kigloo » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:16 pm

Available everywhere across europe except France. Come on Lego, I know you're shipping it from Germany anyway!

And why does the UK get a freakin' discount? Can't the guy in charge of Lego store use XE like everyone else or is it another typo from the sausage fingered webmaster who has got the mid scale millenium falcon under Clone wars while the AT AP and Anakin jedi starfighter under classic starwars... Come on what kind of webmaster are you? I thought you needed to take a SW test before being allowed to become a webmaster.
kigloo

Postby bigospedros » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:32 pm

once again, price comparisons across regions is NOT as simple as comparing via the exchange rates :P
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby kigloo » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:39 pm

I know that, I' used to work for a game company :). Yet I can't just believe 88.09 is a proper, planned RRP. Plus the 30 euros difference is abnormal compared to the 139 or 129 euros other countries within the EU zone are paying. I just thing someone is doing a sloppy job, that's all.
kigloo

Previous

Return to Star Wars