Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

New Star Wars Magnets Available

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: New Star Wars Magnets Available

Postby buhs » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:24 pm

They look like nice sets... However I'd really like to see one with Imperial Officers, AT-ST pilots and Death Star Gunners (or Death Star Troopers as LEGO calls them). That would get me excited! :D Glad to see though that this generation has the magnet only in the brick and the figures are normal.
buhs

Postby Darthboba281 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:24 pm

The last two are remakes of the originals :O!
Darthboba281

Postby Exposition » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:27 am

The new technique is a good improvement because the magnet is stronger than the other ones, so it would not fall down when you pass the fridge.
You have also the possibility to screw the brick on a wall. I still don´t know for what reason I should do this, maybe a Lego coat hanger.
The figures in the imperial guard magnet set are slightly different: the body of the guard is in a darker red than the original coloured helmet and Mr. Fett gets a new brown bordure around his visor.
They told me "One size fits all" - but this is ridiculous!
Exposition

Postby Chosen One » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:36 am

This is heart breaking news for me as Lego.com won't ship to anywhere aside from the US and Euro... And to have them imported via certain stores, I'm looking to pay 4 times more the price per set.

Apparently I checked on Eurobricks that there's a Biker scout with Rebel pilot and Imperial Trooper on the way, but the image has a Stormtrooper, Rebel pilot and At-St pilot?
Chosen One

Postby CaptMaarek » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:38 pm

These are definately an improvement over the older versions. And the big thing I like is they're real figures on the magnet brick. Which make it nice if I want to put another fig on display instead of the one they featured.

I like it and look forward to seeing more varied figure sets.
>-< CaptMaarek >-<
CaptMaarek

Postby Dman2900 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:03 am

The wife and I made it out to the Lego store in Chicago this past weekend. I had a few things in my hands and she said "Why don't you buy the minifig's!" and pointed to the magnets.....Like the rest of you I thought they were like the old ones w/ the magnets in the minifig. :lol: I told her that and we walked on looking at more stuff......Finlay got what I wanted and made our way to the cashier and she commented "you are buying a lot of Star Wars stuff, have you seen the new magnets?" XD I told her that I didn't like the magnets due to the fact that they were not real minifig's and they didn't come apart. That is when she opened my eyes and showed me that was not the case.......So I added 3 of the four sets to my haul..... XD The only one they did not have was the Yoda set, sold out >8( . But after we got home and I showed my wife that they did come apart she said "Why don't you try the web site to see if they have the last one!" :O :shock: XD I love my wife!!!!!!!!! I ordered the Yoda set and a few other things.........

So to bring the whole thing to conclusion....

Yes, VIRGINIA, there is a Santa Claus. :lol:
Dman2900

Postby deanalmarresh » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:06 am

Yes, someone I know has bought them and they are just normal figures (unlike the older magnets) the parts detatch and you have super magnet pieces.
deanalmarresh

Postby Firespray » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:03 am

Yep the figs are all normal and the magnet is built into the base they sit on:

Firespray

Postby Tyrant » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:34 am

Is there any indication or does anyone have any idea as to when the other set will become available (if ever)? The one numbered 852553 (it falls right in the middle of the 4 currently available) which supposedly has a Stormtrooper, a Y Wing pilot, and an AT-ST driver (though that doesn't match the name listing given in the eurobricks thread that features the picture). I would buy a few of those for the drivers and pilots (there's a better way to amass Stormtroopers) for large scenes.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
-The Sith Code
Bricklink Store
Tyrant

Postby sstoroe » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:50 pm

Magnet figues. Are they the same as the ones that come in the sets? I was reading on eurobricks that thye are not, but it looks like everyone here thinks that they are the same? Any comments?
sstoroe

Postby banthafodder » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:12 pm

^^ In the past, the minfigs were of poorer quality with cheaper plastics being used which ended up with some parts being translucent. The reason was that they were licensing these out to other companies to manufacture. Recently there was a discussion in one of the posts that stated TLG was trying to rectify this problem with better quality control. When this will take place, I'm not sure.
banthafodder

Previous

Return to Star Wars