Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Hi-Res Image of 8038 Battle of Endor

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: Hi-Res Image of 8038 Battle of Endor

Postby Pendragonstar » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:34 am

ktonlai wrote:you're paying 100 dollars for what? a few minifigs and a few 10 dollar sets put together? this set is so... detached.

Are you kidding me? I would pay 200 dollars for this
Pendragonstar

Postby CoR3Bu » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:51 am

:O! I am so going to buy this set as soon as it comes out. The figs and the AT-ST look
absolutely brilliant :cool: ! The only things I'm disappointed about are speeder bikes :S
I was hoping Lego would use the same design as the RGS speeder bike. Then I could have 3
speeder bikes and I could order another Scout trooper(PURE AWESOME! XD ).
Buuutt... Lego had to go and make another design for the speeder bikes >:( !
I love the set over all, though. I totally agree with you pendragonstar, I would pay
200$ for this set and would never regret it!

Colonel Reaginal Bulstrode, to attention men! >:(
CoR3Bu

Postby onions » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:46 am

MrCRskater wrote:
Now now, in my defense, the only reason I was prepared to spend $90 is because that's what the projected price was when the ToyFair images came through (btw, thanks to Ace and Mike for tagging all of those flickr photos with projected price points, very thoughtful!). As some have pointed out, this set is loaded with minifigs, a fact that I merely overlooked in my euphoric hysteria over this gold mine of awesomeness! For the piece count and all the figs, $100 is absolutely fair (IMO).

i just double checked the description on the flickr photos from toy fair; they all say $99.99 USD for this set.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby MrCRskater » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:51 am

Okay, perhaps I misread. . .
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby Daz Hoo » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:38 pm

I wasn't planning on getting this set because I already own 4 AT-ST (2 of the 2 previous versions) as well as 2 of the first two versions of the speederbikes. But after looking at this high res pictures, I just can let an awesome set like this one go by. The figs, the bunker, the AT-ST, the bikes, the selection of pieces, the colors... everything in this set is just amazing and well worth the price tag.

This set is now definetely on my wish list.
Daz Hoo

Postby thepatient » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:49 pm

I want to get this, especially the ewoks. They look like they're Shroomin' pretty hard.
<O> <O>
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." -Winston Churchill
thepatient

Postby SkwerlJones » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:05 pm

Woah, you know what this means? Besides the fact that there are numerous new figs, many of which are brand new, a detailed Endor bunker that falls apart at your whim, and a reasonable price tag, the AT-ST is now tied with the Snowspeeder for the most produced Star Wars Lego vehicle! You have the mini, UCS, original, remake, and now this! It would also be tied with the X-wing, but one of the re-releases was just the same model with more minifigs, so I don't count that one.

The current ranking is: (excluding the new keychains)
1. AT-ST (5)
2. Snowspeeder (5; Actually 6, but the new one in the Echo Base is basically the same thing, and the fact that I just remembered it and don't feel like deleting everything I just typed up)
3. X-Wing (4)
4. Vulture Droid (4)
5. Millenium Falcon (4)
6. Slave 1 (4; The minis are the same model, so I count it as only one

Oh, the set is pretty okay, I guess, too. ;)
They're all wasted!
SkwerlJones

Postby Glacurox » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:29 pm

Drock wrote:
onions wrote:
Flynn wrote:I can't believe people are complaining about the price. It's an 890-piece set with 11 minifigures. There's no way it would have ever been 90 dollars.

qft

the ONLY thing lacking in this set is a threepio figure and MAYBE a stormtrooper. Otherwise, this set pretty much covers every single wish list item on what to include in an endor set. could they have broken it into smaller pieces? perhaps, but let's face it, you'd be buying up all the individual sets anyway amirite?

I want Han to be wearing his Endor garb though. And Jedi Luke. And the Ewok medicine man. And a baby Ewok. Ok, now I'm just getting greedy.
Luke was not in that scene
Glacurox

Postby Master Fetty » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:13 am

Neither was an ewok medicine man or a baby ewok.
Master Fetty

Postby Drock » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:55 am

*whooosh*

*whooosh*
Drock

Postby Flynn » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:00 pm

ThinkingImpaired wrote:That's why it's $100. People can complain all they want but when they still buy the item, Lego doesn't care. Of course $100 is overpriced. Everyone arguing against that point is just trying to feel better about themselves forking out the money for an open hut and a small technic robot with barely enough room for chewie to fit inside. ;)

Though what was overpriced a year ago is now the norm for Lego.

This isn't overpriced. You've got almost 900 peices along with 12 figures, 5 of which have a brand-new mold along with new printings. Even if this was made back in 1999, it would still be the same price.

I have a feeling this is one of those sets that may not look like much on the box (What with the bunker looking so small), but once people actually have the set, they'll think it was worth the money.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Drock » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:08 am

Glacurox wrote: Luke was not in that scene

The star Destroyer had Imperial Guards and the black astromech droid and the Death Star had the black protocol droid. If you have these sets and don't want the figs because they weren't in those settings, I'll take them.
Drock

Postby Master Fetty » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:36 am

Ah - but we don't have proof there wasn't one black Protocol Droid on the Death Star, or that two Imperial Guards never went on a Star Destroyer together. We know for a fact Luke Skywalker, in Endor-garb or otherwise was not at the ground battle of Endor that is depicted in the set.
Master Fetty

Postby Jedd the Jedi » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:28 pm

Yowza, this looks just stunning and this image does the set more justice than any of the previous ones have. Now, I have to embard on the difficult task of convincing my Dad or saving up USD 100, and knowing Lego's import prices here in Singapore it's likely to be USD 150 at the least. Oh, and I just noticed the construction of the speeder bikes-using the motorcycle chassis piece is ingenious! Still, I more or less preferred the design from the 2002 Ewok Attack set as I feel it brought the sleek look of the bike out better.
Jedd the Jedi

Postby Mandalorian Candidat » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:59 pm

I'd rather have the $10/100 parts ratio, but this set really does have a lot of updated items. The Ewoks aren't just monochromatic like the earlier Ewok Attack, there's the new Endor trooper headgear sculpt, and Leia's hairpiece appears to be new as well. 12 minifigs is a handful for about any set, and 11 of them are pretty much unique when you look at the differences in the Ewok paint schemes and rebel soldier faces. Plus, it looks like there are no STAMPS or stickers; always a plus.
Mandalorian Candidat

Postby Mofo Jones » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:33 pm

This is on my buy list. Too much good stuff to pass up. I'm glad that LEGO is including scout troopers, as my two from 7128 have been on duty for nearly a decade and would like a pee break at some point. Frankly, they're seeing so much yellow that they *are* yellow... ;)
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby bustagroov » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:23 am

I'm very excited about the new helmets.
bustagroov

Postby bigospedros » Sat May 09, 2009 7:41 am

Here are some pics of the REAL figures from this set, which has started to appear on the shelves in Japan :D

All of these look ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! I cannot wait to get this set. The Ewoks are a million times better than the original versions.
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby bigospedros » Sat May 09, 2009 7:42 am

Oh and here are the other news figs :

These too look amazing ... nice that we get different faces for the troopers. Leia looks pretty cool too ...
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby Mofo Jones » Sat May 09, 2009 8:27 am

There's a guy over on Rebelscum who is from the Netherlands and said that during his recent visit to LEGOLAND in Denmark, all of the new sets were available for purchase. He picked up a Hoth set which looks pretty good.

bigospedros, thanks for the find on the hi-res minifig pics - again, this set is the first I will buy when they are out later this year.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars