Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

May 3rd/4th Lego Shop Exclusive Anniversary Offer

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: May 3rd/4th Lego Shop Exclusive Anniversary Offer

Postby bobalego » Sat May 02, 2009 9:06 pm

25% off UCS Falcon! Great, anyone have $375 I can borrow... :'(
bobalego

Postby Mofo Jones » Sat May 02, 2009 9:10 pm

bobalego wrote:25% off UCS Falcon! Great, anyone have $375 I can borrow... :'(

Sorry, don't have that much to spend on myself, much less loan to anybody. :(
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby Blacknight » Sat May 02, 2009 9:17 pm

Well, not quite the world changing event the hype implied. No special minifigure or announcement of a new set.

The poster is nice anyway. Offering 25% off the Death Star playset would have been nice as well.
Blacknight

Postby The Brain » Sat May 02, 2009 9:23 pm

I think that the impact of such a sale on the UCS MF would have been greater if TLC had said 'and for a limited time, take $125 off!' It seems like a much bigger sale that way. :p

Since it's not such a big deal thing, I'm not gonna pester my parents to let me order something from S@H. We don't really have the money right now anyways... :|
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Postby onions » Sat May 02, 2009 9:44 pm

this was posted on the front page, but i'll repost here:
The Good: there’s no minimum purchase. The Bad: it’s only through Shop@Home and won’t be available through their brand stores. But something else may be available once they reveal the details of their other announcement. And The Ugly: the poster will be shipped to you folded. Unfortunately, that was the only way they were able to offer the poster in order to keep costs down and keep logistical details to a minimum.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby jocktheglide » Sat May 02, 2009 10:07 pm

how long is the sale on the falcon??
jocktheglide

Postby yankeeken » Sat May 02, 2009 10:36 pm

Probably just two days. (3rd & 4th)
yankeeken

Postby LL918 » Sat May 02, 2009 10:42 pm

In answer to my own earlier unanswered query regarding the "May the fourth" promotion outside North America, and for anyone else in the rest of the world that may have been wondering the same thing, I have copied the following from the US S@H site now that all the details are up:

Regarding the poster: "Poster is not available for purchase. Prior sales excluded. Offer valid in U.S. and Canada only."

Regarding the win a first-edition Ultimate Collector’s Millennium Falcon competition: "This contest is open only to U.S. and Canadian residents..."

Regarding the 25% discount on the MF - well I won't even start the old saga about how cheap things are in the US even when they are full price. (Ok, I know, the US gets cheaper LEGO, the rest of the developed world gets public health care etc...)

Poo! May the fourth? Ha! They could just as well run the competition on July the fourth! (It is a joke - No need either for anyone from Canada to abuse me, I know you are not part of the US.)

If anyone can find any info to contradict this let me know. Now I just have to try to find a way to get that rumour about chrome Vaders being available in shops in Germany and Austria to apply to Australia.
LL918

Postby twentythree » Sat May 02, 2009 11:06 pm

I used to feel bad about all of the U.S./Canada exclusives and deals but now it appears that Lego is trying to keep the interest of it's largest population of customers which is a business decision. It is definitely favoritism but based on pure numbers and not some evil agenda. I still do feel bad for my fellow Lego fans out there that aren't as fortunate. Hopefully you will eventually get all of the items that you're longing for.
"I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
"What I told you was true...from a certain point of view" - Obi Wan Kenobi
"A lion, a witch, and a wardrobe walk into a bar...stop me if you've heard this one" - me
twentythree

Postby roblin » Sat May 02, 2009 11:42 pm

US/ca only really bothers me! I hate that they do that. I live in Sweden next door to Denmark for fracks sake. As a matter of fact LEGO does not even have a sales office in Sweden anymore, I think. I think we belong to the UK in the LEGO world order. We are really in the sarlacc end of LEGO Land.

Well never mind. Sorry for ranting. I guess I can always pay doubble prize on Ebay.

/Rrrrrob.
roblin

Postby twentythree » Sat May 02, 2009 11:59 pm

roblin wrote:We are really in the sarlacc end of LEGO Land.

Wait, they have Sarlaccs at Lego Land?!!! I'm so going! :D

On a serious note, my condolences on your plight. :|
"I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
"What I told you was true...from a certain point of view" - Obi Wan Kenobi
"A lion, a witch, and a wardrobe walk into a bar...stop me if you've heard this one" - me
twentythree

Postby lostone » Sun May 03, 2009 2:08 am

about time lego got rid of this stupid favoritism it doesnt make any sense to me at all surly if stuff like this is open to all then they'll sell more makes us uk customers feel like the neglected kid in the corner was gonna buy a set for the poster but now ill just take me money to ebay and give it to a fellow native lol >:)
lostone

Postby kbjork » Sun May 03, 2009 4:21 am

So, maybe I missed something, but could someone tell me what this means? "Ultimate Collector’s Millennium Falcon™ - number 5, 6 or 7" I'm not sure what number 5, 6, or 7 means... HELP!
kbjork

Postby Blondie-Wan » Sun May 03, 2009 7:27 am

kbjork wrote:So, maybe I missed something, but could someone tell me what this means? "Ultimate Collector’s Millennium Falcon™ - number 5, 6 or 7" I'm not sure what number 5, 6, or 7 means... HELP!

The first production run of the set came with individually numbered certificates; there were a couple thousand copies of the set that came with these certificates. The three sets they're giving away now are the fifth, sixth and seventh copies of the set that were made. Apparently, they pulled the first several copies of the set off the factory line as soon as they were made and stored them away specifically for future promotions like this one.
Blondie-Wan

Postby Blondie-Wan » Sun May 03, 2009 9:29 am

Beats me (shouldn't you know, of all people? :p ).

IIRC, the number I first saw was 1900, or something like that; I remember discussion from the time of how it was too bad they didn't go just a little further so they could have Millennium Falcon sets with certificates numbered 1977, 1980 and 1983. For some reason I want to say they actually did do enough of them to reach those cherished numbers, but I don't know / remember why I think that.

At any rate, everything I remember reading back then cited the number of copies of the set with numbered certificates as being something much higher than 500, but it could be that my sources or my memory (or both) are faulty. That said, I don't think the number was higher than around 2000, though, and probably a little less (so technically, I probably shouldn't have said "a couple thousand," but I figured it was close enough, given that I wasn't sure of the exact number but was semi-sure it was something pretty close to 2000).
Blondie-Wan

Postby onions » Sun May 03, 2009 9:34 am

LEGOscum wrote:Agreed, but I seem to remember that it was only the first 500 that were pre-ordered that had the COAs.

Or am I deluding myself?

i'm reasonably sure that it was much more than that.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby banthafodder » Sun May 03, 2009 9:40 am

The first run had 5000 with COAs. I have 2952
banthafodder

Postby jocktheglide » Sun May 03, 2009 10:07 am

no free shipping........
jocktheglide

Postby LEGOscum » Sun May 03, 2009 10:33 am

Blondie-Wan wrote:Beats me (shouldn't you know, of all people? :p ).

Tell me about it! I've got so many LEGO factoids stuffed in my head that some keep popping out my ears when I'm not looking. It all got worse when the PC with my LSW database crashed spectacularly, taking everything with it.
LEGOscum

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars