Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

May 3rd/4th Lego Shop Exclusive Anniversary Offer

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: May 3rd/4th Lego Shop Exclusive Anniversary Offer

Postby meeotch » Fri May 08, 2009 2:06 pm

While I don't know this for sure, I'd bet the same is true for you. However, I seriously doubt that any picture not taken directly by TLG was used without permission of the original photographer. Companies the size of TLC have legal teams for a reason. It's so that peons in the real world can't sue them over some asinine thing like "borrowing" a photograph. (See my post in B/S/T XD )
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby nebraska » Fri May 08, 2009 3:33 pm

I placed on order early in the morning on the 4th (a couple of battle packs) and I got my package today....but NO POSTER! I'm tired of legoshop screwing me over - this is the 3rd order they've screwed up. I fired an email off to them and we'll see what their response is.
nebraska

Postby nebraska » Fri May 08, 2009 6:33 pm

I'll give them credit for a quick response. I placed my order at 0833 cdt on the 4th and they are telling me they ran out. I'm calling BS. My luck with shop@home is horrible. Missing parts of an order, damaged boxes, parts missing from sets. It seems their quality control has taken a nose dive this year - at least with me.
nebraska

Postby cloner95 » Fri May 08, 2009 7:00 pm

I have one number 8035 out of 15000 ordered it may 3rd at 7:00a.m.
cloner95

Postby gfxguy » Fri May 08, 2009 7:17 pm

meeotch wrote:... I seriously doubt that any picture not taken directly by TLG was used without permission of the original photographer.

You're probably right, but when they misspell things, and the images are not uniform quality, and I see posts like this (and have examined the picture linked to), it seems like it might actually be the case.

http://www.bricklink.com/message.asp?ID=360198
gfxguy

Postby firestorm » Fri May 08, 2009 8:25 pm

nebraska wrote:I placed on order early in the morning on the 4th (a couple of battle packs) and I got my package today....but NO POSTER! I'm tired of legoshop screwing me over - this is the 3rd order they've screwed up. I fired an email off to them and we'll see what their response is.

nebraska wrote:I'll give them credit for a quick response. I placed my order at 0833 cdt on the 4th and they are telling me they ran out. I'm calling BS. My luck with shop@home is horrible. Missing parts of an order, damaged boxes, parts missing from sets. It seems their quality control has taken a nose dive this year - at least with me.

First off, LEGO RAN OUT of these posters not even half way through the day on may 4th. It was even before their promotion end so i'm not suprise you didn't get the poster. But it did say quantites are limited and while supplies last on their promotion page. They received 6X the orders online and phone than they expected. If you order online, if the poster doesn't appear in your order, it means its not available and is sold out. If its by phone, they will probably tell you if the poster is included. Just cause you ordered on may 4 doesn't mean you are for sure getting the poster. Plus, they didn't screwed up. They only made 15 000 as an exclusive offer, otherwise, it wouldn't be special.

Also, nebraska, just cause you didn't get the poster doesn't mean you have to get frustrated and make things up like damaged boxes, missing parts of an order and parts missing from sets. If thats the case, you can send return them back. Plus, their packaging is the best compared to toysrus, most eBay sellers, etc. They actually have protection of air bags. Last, missing parts from sets? Are you kidding me? Its factory maded.... all pieces should be there. (very rarely ~0.5% or even less you only miss 1-2 pieces at most) Most likely, its cause you either lost the pieces when building while you were still mad at not geting the poster. Finally, missing parts from an order? Wow...

Oh well, theres always people that are unhappy just cause they didn't get what they want and is unfair and don't talk about whats right and wrong. "You can't please everyone in the world"
firestorm

Postby Mofo Jones » Fri May 08, 2009 9:36 pm

Hey firestorm, you don't have evidence to back up your contention that nebraska is making up the issues of damaged boxes or missing parts. No need for personal attacks about him losing pieces while "mad about the poster while building". Calm down - nebraska is entitled to be upset that he didn't get the poster.

Yes I've received shipments from LEGO that weren't in the best of shape, and I have had a set with missing parts in the last year. Yes, all the pieces *should* be there, but sometimes there is a piece missing. I'm glad that LEGO doesn't have a bad attitude about sending out replacement pieces.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby The Brain » Fri May 08, 2009 11:26 pm

Yeah, I have had my share of parts missing from sets--in fact, it's a rather common issue. I once had my dad call a rep (I was like 7 and building some HP sets), and the set that I needed pieces from had apparently been missing in over 1,000 sets, at least according to the rep. It's not Lego's fault though--they don't package sets by hand!
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Postby meeotch » Sat May 09, 2009 1:52 am

^^^No, it is Lego's fault in those cases. However, "fault" doesn't have to have the negative connotations it usually does. Fact is, Lego owns up to it and ships out replacements, free of charge, in those cases. One could only hope that all parties at fault in various situations in our lives exhibited such accountability as TLC does in these cases.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby gfxguy » Sat May 09, 2009 6:01 am

I'd like to add that, as time goes on, I've had more parts missing from sets than before. 10 years ago it would have been heresy to think that they'd miss a piece, but this year alone I've had three sets (out of 20+) that were missing a piece.

And I'm not some little kid, I'm very careful about building the sets, I often dump the pieces into a file folder box lid so nothing can roll away, and the first thing I do when I can't find a piece is look all around the area it could possibly be. I always assume it's my fault until an exhaustive search proves otherwise.
gfxguy

Postby ricefields » Sat May 09, 2009 6:55 am

All of the discussion regarding running out of posters by mid may 4 substantiates my previous suggestion that a small amount was reserved for canadians as I bought my on May 5th 12:02am EST and got a poster OR LEGO really did screw up on Nebraska's order and the service agent used the running out of the poster as an excuse.

Regarding lego QC and missing pieces, I have been fortunate with very low occurences of missing pieces or damaged boxes. Worst case was when I was missing a medium-sized piece on the 7660 naboo fighter and they did not have that piece for some reason and had to go to bricklink to buy it, and found out that it is a rare piece for a set that came out last year. I guess I could have tried Lego again but did not pursue it any further.

Also this time I did get one of five clone trooper battle packs damaged due to their packaging. The air bags are good and I use them too when I ship my sets sold on ebay (basically recycling them when I get them my sets from lego, bn, or amazon. However, placing 5 boxes in and throwing a few air bags does not always work to protect it 100% unless you place the bags carefully around the outside and filling any other voids.

Obviously its up to the packers and their training and they probably done this so often and quick that there's bound to some occurences of damaged boxes and in this case more likely because of 5 small light lego boxes that can shift during shipping. I found amazon comparable to lego and bn to be better most of the times in their packing. bn uses large or sometimes two boxes pieced together and more airbags than lego.

I only had one significant mishap from bn when my 7676 gunship was severely damaged during shipping (the outside box was severly damaged with a hole and the gunship box also had a hole) but they were kind enough to send me a new set without returning the original one (after I emailed bn).
ricefields

Postby firestorm » Sat May 09, 2009 11:00 pm

ricefields wrote:
I only had one significant mishap from bn when my 7676 gunship was severely damaged during shipping (the outside box was severly damaged with a hole and the gunship box also had a hole) but they were kind enough to send me a new set without returning the original one (after I emailed bn).

Whats "bn" ?

Mofo Jones wrote:Yes I've received shipments from LEGO that weren't in the best of shape, and I have had a set with missing parts in the last year. Yes, all the pieces *should* be there, but sometimes there is a piece missing. I'm glad that LEGO doesn't have a bad attitude about sending out replacement pieces.

It might have happened. But all 3 of those events happening at the same time is really unlikely. Damage boxes, missing pieces, missing sets from an order? Thats the worst case ever to happen. I do agree sometimes it might miss a piece or 2 if its a large set. Thats why LEGO usually provide extra small pieces in all LEGO sets if you have noticed. But really, i find LEGO packaging is much better than most eBay sellers as they either just use paper to wrap the box, or use a box but no protection or use a box that just perfectly fits the box. Everytime, they come to my house, i see markings that something heavy was put on my LEGO box (dents). For LEGO orders, I never had any of these problems. But it still might be better for them to pacakge and wrap the entire LEGO set including sides with air bags and not just only parts of it.
firestorm

Postby Mofo Jones » Sun May 10, 2009 12:43 am

I know you weren't asking me, but "bn" is Barnes & Noble.

I agree that the chance of those events happening at the same time is unlikely. However, you need to go back and re-read nebraska's post - he never said those things happened at the same time. He's apparently had a bad run of luck with LEGO shipments lately and was summarizing his multiple-count frustration in a single sentence.

My 8017 Vader TIE was missing the sticker sheet when I bought it in December. I looked all through the box and the area where I had been building the set. I only called LEGO after I was absolutely certain that the stickers had never been in the box in the first place. I had to wait a couple of weeks, but then I got them in the mail and applied them.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby Andi » Sun May 10, 2009 11:00 am

Is there hope for Europe?
Someone at 1000Steine said, that this poster will come to Europe in August/September.
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Postby nebraska » Sun May 10, 2009 11:47 am

I didn't really feel the need to reply but after rereading the part where I was accused of making stuff up I felt the need to retort.

Regarding the poster that Lego didn't send me; I placed an order in Lincoln and then drove to my friend's house in Omaha. I told him about the poster and approximately two and half hours later he placed an order. He got the poster - I did not. Thus I reiterate - I'm calling BS. I'm assuming Lego does not keep track of when orders are placed and just dumps posters into boxes without regard to who was actually first. It's like running a race - I might have finished 5,499th but they are going to give the prize to the person who finished 15,001. FYI my order was placed 0833 cdt on May 4th.

I didn't realize I needed to be so specific – (SORRY THERE IS ACTUALLY 4 (FOUR) TIMES THE PAST YEAR) all of the following are separate orders.

Lego Shop Blunder # 1: Failed to pack a minifig collectors set (it was small so I forgave them). Did Lego fix this problem? Yes they did.

Lego Shop Blunder # 2: Failed to include at least two bags of parts for an MTT (yes the box and packing box was sealed). Still battling Lego on this as I order many sets at a time and put them on my shelf until a rainy day comes and I decide to build it - Lego is questioning why 9 months later after the purchase I’m finding parts missing. Good thing we have bricklink. Did Lego fix this problem? Not yet and they probably won’t. Is it going to stop me from mass ordering products or finding them on clearance and throwing them onto my shelf? Nope. Dear sir, don’t accuse me of losing my parts. I’m not talking a 1 by 1 tile here. I’M TALKING BAGS OF LEGO NOT INSERTED INTO A SET. I understand each set is factory made (I’m 40 years old and been playing with Lego since I was 6 and gorram proud of it) but I’m not going to rip open a set right away and start counting pieces and bags.

Lego Shop Blunder # 3: Failed to send quality products. I can not even describe the horror of receiving sets that had been ripped, bent, and utterly destroyed. All packing boxes were still sealed but one was badly damaged. Before anyone views the photos keep in mind the cafe corner and the container stacker where in the box that looks the best so the damage was done BEFORE it was packed. There was no rips in the box where the Tow Truck was ripped so again this damage had to have been done prior to packing. Luckily to prove my point - I had sent photos to Lego - I still had them on my computer and uploaded them to brickshelf so I can I can defend myself that I'm not 'making stuff up'. I know about the ‘air bags’ but it doesn’t help when the products are already damaged prior to being packed:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=382686 (once public)

BTW, if you want to see additional pics of the U-Boat or Embraer 170 that are in my brickshelf file: go here-

http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/11353

Did Lego fix this problem? Yes they did but only after sending them photos as they didn't believe me either. ;)

Lego Shop Blunder # 4: Failed to send a poster when clearly I was in line before somebody else who received it. Did Lego fix this problem? No they did not.

The common point here is FAILED. I have ordered a lot of Lego from them, probably more than I should, for many years and I've definitely seen a problem with quality control. In my experience I’ve never had Amazon, ToysRus, or ebay packages show up this badly damaged, incomplete, or blatant lack of quality control to their customers.

Is this going to stop me from ordering Lego? Probably not. It's too easy to just fill my cart at shop.lego each month and press checkout. XD
nebraska

Postby onions » Sun May 10, 2009 1:10 pm

okay, complaints about lego qc will stop here. if you have any comments that have nothing to do with the original point of this thread, start a new one.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby winbrant » Mon May 11, 2009 11:04 am

ricefields wrote:All of the discussion regarding running out of posters by mid may 4 substantiates my previous suggestion that a small amount was reserved for canadians as I bought my on May 5th 12:02am EST and got a poster OR LEGO really did screw up on Nebraska's order and the service agent used the running out of the poster as an excuse.

I ordered mine on the morning of the 4th (apx. 10AM EST)...and got a reply 10PM on the 5th saying that the poster was no longer available >8( , despite it showing up in my order receipt (that I received about 12PM on the 4th).

So, when you say you ordered late on the 4th and got one that just irks me. :roll: I'm glad you got your poster and would hope everyone could get one...obviously LEGO failed to note how popular this would be, despite this being their Number #1 Brand.

Obviously will have to hunt one of those guys that managed to score a whole whack of them (via multiple orders) and try to get one at a reasonable price...not likely, I'm thinking.

It would be cool if they included one in the DK LEGO Star Wars Visual Dictionary....yeah, right....
winbrant

Postby ricefields » Mon May 11, 2009 11:48 am

winbrant wrote:
ricefields wrote:All of the discussion regarding running out of posters by mid may 4 substantiates my previous suggestion that a small amount was reserved for canadians as I bought my on May 5th 12:02am EST and got a poster OR LEGO really did screw up on Nebraska's order and the service agent used the running out of the poster as an excuse.

I ordered mine on the morning of the 4th (apx. 10AM EST)...and got a reply 10PM on the 5th saying that the poster was no longer available >8( , despite it showing up in my order receipt (that I received about 12PM on the 4th).

So, when you say you ordered late on the 4th and got one that just irks me. :roll: I'm glad you got your poster and would hope everyone could get one...obviously LEGO failed to note how popular this would be, despite this being their Number #1 Brand.

It would be nice to hear from other cdn members who also ordered the poster on may 4. I may have been one of few lucky ones who got one from the cancelled multiple orders...maybe I got mshiels poster ;)
ricefields

Postby nebraska » Mon May 11, 2009 4:26 pm

I sent off another email asking how they determine who gets the poster (ie: in order in which they were recieved) and their response was:

Thank you for your interest in LEGO® brand toys. We are always delighted to hear from a loyal LEGO enthusiast.

To be honest I am not sure exactly how orders are filled. I do apologize that you did not received a poster. Regardless, there are no more posters to give away.

Thank you again for contacting us. We wish your family many happy hours of creative building with LEGO brand toys in the years to come.

Thanks for answering my question. >8(
nebraska

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars