Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Star Wars Rebels 7 Minute Preview On Disney XD Tonight

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Star Wars Rebels 7 Minute Preview On Disney XD Tonight

Postby Staff » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:17 am

SWR Key Art

You can catch an exclusive sneak peek at the first seven-minutes of the upcoming animated series Star Wars Rebels tonight on Disney XD, immediately following the Disney XD premiere of Phineas and Ferb: Star Wars (7:30pm-8:30pm ET/PT). However, if you don't have any interest in watching P&F on a Star Wars themed adventure (and I really can't see why you wouldn't), you can watch the preview on Youtube at this link. It will be live shortly after 9pm ET tonight, at which point we'll most likely update this post.

I seems this may only be on the US DXD channel though, as I've checked my listings in Canada and the Phineas & Ferb special doesn't appear to be on tonight here.

Update: This block of Star Warsian fun will be on the Canadian DXD August 17th, starting at 5:30 ET with a brand new chapter of the New Yoda Chronicles.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2014/08/04/star-wars-rebels-7-minute-preview-on-disney-xd-tonight/
Staff

Re: Star Wars Rebels 7 Minute Preview On Disney XD Tonight

Postby scandell » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:31 am

Why is Adam Sandler on the poster?
scandell

Postby onions » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:09 am

this is going to be bad. it's not even "i have a bad feeling about this", it's more like "cover your butts"
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby LN.01354 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:46 am

Well, it can't be worse than The Clone Wars....I hope. Stormtroopers? Good! TIE's? Good! Female Mandalorian with pink armor? GREAT! Everything else, though....:S
Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.
Also, I'm on Flickr! Help a poor little boy, just trying to make his way in the MOCing world, all on his lonesome. Follow me! (please) :D :[/flickr]https://www.flickr.com/photos/126163229@N02/
LN.01354

Postby Joedward » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:34 pm

LN.01354 wrote:Female Mandalorian with pink armor? GREAT!

I'm sorry, what? I honestly can't tell whether our not this is sarcasm.

My thoughts on the show are still pretty much the same as I posted in this thread. I'll still give it a chance, but if it's as poor as I think it will be I won't care enough to go back to it.

I recently (ish) marathoned the entire Clone Wars series on Netflix and I just don't get why so many people, especially adults, enjoyed it so much. There were some good episodes each series, sure, but not many and by the end I still thought the majority of it was just god awful.
I hope this isn't more of the same... but how can it not be?
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby Zrath » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:53 pm

The Phineas & Ferb Star Wars episode was on last week in the US. It's sitting on my DVR, as I haven't watched it yet.
Oh yes, Rebels is gonna be ter-rebel, because everything sucks. :D
Zrath

Postby boudreaux_blackbeard » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:39 pm

Maybe we'll get some sweet sets out of the deal anyway.
boudreaux_blackbeard

Postby onions » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:28 pm

Joedward wrote:I recently (ish) marathoned the entire Clone Wars series on Netflix

You are a brave man.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby LN.01354 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:52 pm

I don't see a problem with it. I think it is great that Star Wars is including more females in their storylines, and better yet, we are getting another Mandalorian who isn't Boba or Jango. Sabine would be a great minifigure, and the character could be great, too. The armor is not too girly; pink does not automatically mean girly and lame. And this show looks promising: just drop Zeb, that weird energy-ball thing, the lightsabers, and make the people look real, and...you know what? I just like the Mandalorian, Stormtroopers, and Ralph McQuarie designs. Make a show about that!
Also, I'm on Flickr! Help a poor little boy, just trying to make his way in the MOCing world, all on his lonesome. Follow me! (please) :D :[/flickr]https://www.flickr.com/photos/126163229@N02/
LN.01354

Postby chikingames » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:50 pm

I honestly have high hopes for it, what I've seen of it so far has looked great compared to the Clone Wars. Speaking of what I've seen so far, the link is dead as the video shows up as private. Anyone have the same problem?
chikingames

Postby goatman461 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:17 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI3f9I0HKJc
Here's a link to a superb director's cut of the the preview.
goatman461

Postby Joedward » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:42 pm

onions wrote:
Joedward wrote:I recently (ish) marathoned the entire Clone Wars series on Netflix

You are a brave man.

Meh, I was unemployed and overly curious about why so many people made such a fuss over it and defend it so. It did just about nothing to change the low opinion I held for it, so I won't go back to it.

LN.01354 wrote:

I don't see a problem with it. I think it is great that Star Wars is including more females in their storylines, and better yet, we are getting another Mandalorian who isn't Boba or Jango. Sabine would be a great minifigure, and the character could be great, too. The armor is not too girly; pink does not automatically mean girly and lame. And this show looks promising: just drop Zeb, that weird energy-ball thing, the lightsabers, and make the people look real, and...you know what? I just like the Mandalorian, Stormtroopers, and Ralph McQuarie designs. Make a show about that!

Maybe I've just grown bitter and cynical to all of this, but I really doubt the character will come close to greatness. Pink doesn't have to mean lame but it usually does mean girly. The first few comments in the thread I linked to in my previous reply do a pretty good job of articulating the thoughts I have on the matter.
It's like the show runners are trying to scream at us "Look, a girl, can you see how diverse we're being?"
I have absolutely no problem with having one or even all of the characters be girls or women (so long as it works), I have a problem with how they're dressing it up. Figuratively and literally.

All that aside, I absolutely love, love, love Mandolorians. But I love the ones we got in the Knights of the Old Republic video games and graphic novels. They were awesome, they were badass, I wanted more of them.
The Mandolorians in the Clone Wars series were not awesome and they were not badass and I wanted none of them.
My pessimism got the better off me a while ago and I just don't think this hip, cool, sassy rebel will have all that many redeeming qualities.

sigh

I want to like this. I honestly and genuinely would like to sit down, watch one or two or five or all or the episodes and love every minute of it, and I'm going to gorram well try, but I'm almost resigned to the fact that Star Wars (on film or television) hasn't been good since Genndy Tartakovsky's series came out 11 years ago and hasn't been great since Jedi came out 31 years ago.

I swear, I'm not trying to sound so defeatist, and I wish I wasn't. I'll just huff and grumble to myself and hope my negativity doesn't tarnish anyone's enjoyment of the show.

... and Ralph McQuarie designs. Make a show about that!

I'd do it in a heartbeat if I could. It should and could be spectacular.
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

Joedward

Postby banthafodder » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:42 pm

After watching it all I can say is Aladdin meets Star Wars. Can't wait for Robin Williams to show up in this as a big blue alien.
banthafodder

Postby LN.01354 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:43 pm

It was pretty bad, but actually not as bad as I was expecting. The Imperial Officers still sound, and look, ridiculous, and the fact that they had to practically say "Hey look: we're bad guys!" was painful to watch. Seriously, what kind of line is "Who is going to stop us? You? You?" They are already painting the Imperials as just pointlessly rude and stupid, and I hate it. However, I did like the sound/visual quality, and no matter what, I love Mandalorians and Stormtroopers, so I'll watch it.

At least we'll get some pretty sweet sets out of it. :)
LN.01354

Postby Flynn » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:33 pm

LN.01354 wrote:At least we'll get some pretty sweet sets out of it. :)

Well, that's what we said about Clone Wars and yet I struggle to think of much that was truly exceptional beyond the first wave.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby lowlead » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:36 am

"Who is that kid?"

"Who ARE these guys?"

"WHO is THAT kid?"

"Who IS that kid??"

Ugh. A bit lame, but whatever, the kids will love it. Scenery looks good, and TIEs and Destroyers back on center stage is never a bad thing - some potential at least.

lowlead

The Rebels Clip That Broke Don

Postby Staff » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:48 pm

We've all had those moments, those defining moments where our open-minded approach to any one thing quickly turns into an opinion and we turn our backs to that thing. In this case, the thing in question is Rebels, and that moment is the clip above. This was the clip that turned Don Solo against the show. I was already trepidatious about the show, but what the clip did for me was cement my hatred for Chopper, and in turn, made me realize just how much this show is going to suck.

And would it kill the sound engineers to generate new sound effects?

I'll stick to Nick's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles instead. Such a GREAT show, you're missing out if you haven't been keeping up.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2014/08/17/the-rebels-clip-that-broke-don/
Staff

Postby LN.01354 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:04 pm

It really is getting worse and worse for me. I will give it a three episode chance, though.

Also, it has been rumored that next year will see an Imperial Troop Transport (from Kenner) made into Lego. I truly, dearly hope that they change the Stormtrooper look to match the new OT ones, and don't keep the horrible Rebels variant. WHY DOES LEGO HATE US?!?!? >8(
LN.01354

Postby Joedward » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:12 pm

Christ, that looks appalling.

I think I will skip it
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

Joedward

Next

Return to Star Wars