Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Star Wars: The Dark Side Now Available For Pre-order

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

LEGO Star Wars: The Dark Side Now Available For Pre-order

Postby Staff » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:21 am

In yet another book push, DK Publishing is offering an exclusive minifig with book accessory, LEGO Star Wars: The Dark Side. The exclusive "evil minifig", their words, not mine, has yet to be revealed but it has been rumored to be another version of the Emperor. If this is indeed true, and with the current trend of LEGO adding more lines to minifig faces, look for the new Palpatine figure to resemble a pineapple, Emperor Pineappletine if you will.

After discovering this book, I searched for the light side equivalent but there is no such book called LEGO Star Wars: The Light Side. Not yet anyway. Such a book would be a great opportunity to produce a Jedi that has never been made into a non-Clone Wars, non-ugly, regular version minifig such as Shaak-Ti or Aayla Secura.

The current pre-order price of LEGO Star Wars: The Dark Side is $13.29 and you get Amazon's pre-order price guarantee (if the price of the book falls between the time you place your pre-order and the release date, you will get the lowest price). The scheduled release date is August 18, 2014.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2014/06/17/lego-star-wars-the-dark-side-now-available-for-pre-order/
Staff

Re: LEGO Star Wars: The Dark Side Now Available For Pre-orde

Postby dWhisper » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:27 pm

I think the Clone Wars Shaak-Ti looks okay, but would welcome the Aayla one that fits with other Twi'leks. Especially since we have Oola as the general mold.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby goatman461 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:36 am

What do y'all think of these books? I'm tempted to pre-order it because I don't have a Palpatine minifig and I've got a son that needs to be trained in the dark side of the force, but it is just a LEGO book. I can't imagine the content is exceptionally good. Although, the fan creations section of the Visual Dictionary was pretty cool.
goatman461

Postby sparkart » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:30 am

Heh, reading "Pineappletine" made me look up pineappletini, because a pineapple martini, at the risk of sounding girly or improper (because a true martini is made with gin and vermouth, sorry 007) also sounds refreshing for a summer eve. The first link that popped up was a mommy blog, www.mformommy.com/pineapple-tini/, and the mention of "Mommy juice".
sparkart

Postby dWhisper » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:49 am

Pile it on 007. "Shaken, not stirred" is an absolutely terrible way to make a martini. Stirred is far-and-away the most preferable way to prepare it.
dWhisper

Postby onions » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:51 am

goatman461 wrote:What do y'all think of these books? I'm tempted to pre-order it because I don't have a Palpatine minifig and I've got a son that needs to be trained in the dark side of the force, but it is just a LEGO book. I can't imagine the content is exceptionally good. Although, the fan creations section of the Visual Dictionary was pretty cool.

I think if you keep in mind the books are aimed for kids (light on content, high on fluff) and not adult collectors you might find it worth it for the price + the free minifig. if you picked up that yoda chronicles book, you'll probably get an idea of what to expect.

and Palpatine is just a rumor.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby dWhisper » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:28 pm

Not like Palpatine is especially hard to get in minifig form, unless you're specifically looking for Emperor Palpatine. You can grab him in the Tri-Fighter in PT form, or grab either of the grey versions for (relatively) decent prices in the aftermarket.
dWhisper

"What the ... is an aluminum falcon?!"

Postby sparkart » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:04 pm

My "new hope" is for a Papa Palpatine figure with a phone handset accessory,

sparkart

Postby dWhisper » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:05 am

"What the hell is an aluminum falcon?"
dWhisper

Postby goatman461 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:50 am

onions wrote:and Palpatine is just a rumor.

not anymore
goatman461

Postby onions » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:16 am

well there you go. and he does look like a pineapple!
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Trooper10 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:08 am

New Palpatine! Now with added face-lines for that pineappley-fresh goodness. 50% more wrinkly that the leading brand of arch-villain.
Trooper10

Return to Star Wars