Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Every Star Wars Set at BrickSlopes

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Every Star Wars Set at BrickSlopes

Postby Athos » Tue May 06, 2014 4:47 pm

Thought this might be of interest here. This past weekend, Utah LUG hosted the first BrickSlopes convention. As part of the display, we showed every Star Wars set. We also included a selection of kabaya sets and keychains. You can see a video of it all here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ521axV2Qc

You can also see my still photos here, though they were taken before all the sets arrived:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/37777874@N06/sets/72157644595230873/

Steve
Athos

Re: Every Star Wars Set at BrickSlopes

Postby Gooker1 » Wed May 07, 2014 6:32 am

That's awesome! Thanks for sharing? How was the turnout? I know the LA LUG would like to do a convention of sorts.
Gooker1

Postby Inzane » Wed May 07, 2014 8:47 am

Athos wrote:As part of the display, we showed every Star Wars set. We also included a selection of kabaya sets and keychains.

That was cool to see.

It serves as an example of why it would be impossible for most of us to display our entire collections in our homes all at once. (At least, the married folks among us likely wouldn't get away with that)
Inzane

Postby Athos » Wed May 07, 2014 9:29 pm

Gooker1 wrote:How was the turnout? I know the LA LUG would like to do a convention of sorts.

We had about 60 AFOLs register for the entire weekend. And they had 5000 paying adults (those over 9) over the two public days, not counting all the children, which given that it was Utah, was a significant number.

I know it was a ton of hard work for the guys organizing it. They looked like they were about to drop from exhaustion by the end of it.

Steve
Athos

Return to Star Wars