Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Cast List for Episode VII announced

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Cast List for Episode VII announced

Postby Staff » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:24 am

star-wars-episode-7-cast-announce

StarWars.com has announced the cast list for Episode VII, because they are actually pretty bad at keeping secrets over there. While some places are calling it a full cast list, unless the budget for a film like this has become stunningly small, there are obviously a lot more bit and minor parts out there. For those wondering, it has most of the originals... Hammil, Ford, Fisher, Mayhew (who we knew about), Baker, and Daniels. Getting both Kenny Baker and Anthony Daniels is kind of interesting, given that Baker has made it clear that he just despises his golden buddy in real life. Conspicuously absent from the list? Colt .45 himself, Mr. Billy Dee Williams. I find your lack of Lando disturbing...

John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow all join the original cast. I wonder what sort of alien Serkis is going to play for the motion capture... because he never gets cast as himself. The rest I really don't know, and have no real opinions on who they are. The original featured unknowns, save Alec Guinness and Peter Cushing, and that worked out, so who knows. Thoughts? I'm sure we'll be awash in more info as the Dec 19, 2015 release date creeps closer. 
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2014/04/29/cast-list-for-episode-vii-announced/
Staff

Re: Cast List for Episode VII announced

Postby dman7529 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:49 am

Max von Sydow would be the Alec Guiness for the new cast, the long-time actor with enough star-power and years of experience to take the "unknowns" under his wings and guide them. He was Dr. Kynes/Liet in the 1984 version of Dune, Blofeld in Never Say Never Again, one of the justice guys in 1995's Judge Dredd, he was in Minority report, the recent Robin Hood iirc, played Ming in Flash Gordon, and the one i first remember him in, Father Merrin from The Exorcist.
dman7529

Postby Inzane » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:55 pm

John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow all join the original cast.

Thoughts?

Max von Sydow is the only name I recognized.

I laughed at Daisy Ridley's IMDB entry. It already says known for SW Ep VII. What... for like 3 hours?? Principal photography hasn't even started yet. :roll:

No mention of the guy that played Todd on Breaking Bad (Jesse Plemons)? There were rumors he was going to be cast.
Inzane

Postby naugem » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:28 pm

Max Von Sydow is the only name I recognized too from the "newcomers", and that's probably a good thing.
I remember him mostly as King Osric, from Conan the Barbarian. "I salute you!" :)
naugem

Postby ccjwprongs » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:49 pm

Stoked to see Oscar Isaac and Adam Driver in there. Hoping von Sydow will be playing Obi-Wan's ghost as opposed to an Emperor 2.0-style villain. I'm assuming Daisy Ridley will be up for Solo Jr., and if those rumours of Obi-Wan's child being in this film are true, Domhnall Gleeson definitely looks the part.
Neeeooowwwwww
ccjwprongs

Postby Draykov » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:46 pm

ccjwprongs wrote:...and if those rumours of Obi-Wan's child being in this film are true, Domhnall Gleeson definitely looks the part.

If the events of this new trilogy start off 30 years after ROTJ, that would be a neat trick.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby R8-C2 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:53 pm

Nobody knows Andy Serkis? Gollum? Anybody?
I am Groot. WE are Groot
R8-C2

Postby Blacknight » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:13 pm

R8-C2 wrote:Nobody knows Andy Serkis? Gollum? Anybody?

Nope. Gollum was a partly motion-captured, partly hand animated CGI character so it's not like people could recognize him on the street from that part. I remember he also played that stupid part in King Kong where he got eaten by a worm (awful scene), but hardly a memorable role in a forgettable movie.
Blacknight

Postby scandell » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:30 pm

Serkis had a big role in 13 going on 30
scandell

Postby rodiziorobs » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:23 pm

Whenever I hear Max von Sydow's name I can't help but think of Rick Moranis and Dave Thomas, eh?
rodiziorobs

Postby RfAurora » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:21 am

Max von Sydow as Jedi Master Kenth Hamner? lol
RfAurora

Postby Mars Needs LEGO » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:17 pm

Andy Serkis got out of the motion-control gear to play David Bowie's assistant in The Prestige.

Liked the innovative spelling of Hamill, also. :lol:
Mars Needs LEGO

Return to Star Wars