Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGOLAND Star Wars Days Info

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

LEGOLAND Star Wars Days Info

Postby Staff » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:24 am

Star Wars Days 2014

Star Wars Days at LEGOLAND California is fast approaching. I can't believe it's next week. Yes, fortunately or unfortunately, it is slated for March 29th and 30th to coincide with spring break and it snuck up on us rather abruptly. There wasn't a lot of time to plan, but we came up with some ideas that should prove easy to contribute to. Should you be interested in displaying or participating, hit up Bricklandia Events for more information. I'll be updating that site in the next day or two with some updated guidelines on how to contribute so keep checking back. It's not too late, and there are a TON of perks to entice you such as discounts to the Big Shop, free passes, TC-4, exclusive t-shirt, and more! Head over to Bricklanda Events for more information and to sign up. Got questions? There's a contact form there send me a message.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2014/03/20/legoland-star-wars-days-info/
Staff

Re: LEGOLAND Star Wars Days Info

Postby crazybirdman » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:36 am

My wife and I will be there trooping again this year. So ya know, say hi if you see a stormtrooper :P
crazybirdman

Postby Solo » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:30 am

Yeah, I'm sure you'll be easy to spot. Come up and say hi!
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Inzane » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:47 am

Which stormtrooper... the white one?

:p
Inzane

Postby Master Beef » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:15 pm

Definitely helping out again this year. Just gotta figure out what shifts I can do. Been trying to figure out a way to connect Star Wars with one of the MocAthalon categories so I can kill two birds with one stone. Hopefully I can! Looking forward to next weekend!!
Master Beef

Postby Master Beef » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:57 pm

Hey, how do you post a picture on the "New Hope" collab build spreadsheet?
Master Beef

Postby Solo » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:21 pm

Select your cell and go to Insert > Image on the toolbar:
Spoiler: show
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Brainslugged » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:58 am

I noticed that someone else has already put themselves down for the scene I'd started to make for the Star Wars vignette. Should I abandon my project, or is more than one version of a particular scene OK? I'd be gutted to abandon it, only for the other guy to not end up building his vignette.
Brainslugged

Postby Master Beef » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:07 am

Thanks Don!
Master Beef

Postby banthafodder » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:03 pm

Once we have signed up a shift how do we know if we are assigned that shift.
banthafodder

Postby Trooper10 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:25 pm

Brainslugged wrote:I noticed that someone else has already put themselves down for the scene I'd started to make for the Star Wars vignette. Should I abandon my project, or is more than one version of a particular scene OK? I'd be gutted to abandon it, only for the other guy to not end up building his vignette.

Just my opinion but I would go ahead with the MOC - I feel like different versions of the same scene will be fine and interesting anyway to see the different approaches.
Trooper10

Postby Solo » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:30 pm

Just remembered: I encourage anyone coming to SWD who participated in the VW van contest to bring along your models if you still have them together or can rebuild them easily. I'm bringing my X-Wing. It could use some company.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Trooper10 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:32 am

Do'h - I just rebuilt my VW Slave 1 into a regular model...I kept the van shell, maybe I can revive the AT-AT

Edit: revived...almost the same as http://www.flickr.com/photos/60627060@N08/9666384670/
Trooper10

Postby vwong19 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:31 am

Great event. Thank you Ace and Don for organizing it. This was my first Lego event that I have participated and it was wonderful to meet some fellow AFOL. I hope to return again, but be more social and meet more people from the group.
vwong19

Postby banthafodder » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:04 pm

Had a great time. Thanks to all who put it together and great job to all who participated.
banthafodder

Postby dubchester » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:48 pm

Thanks again to Ace for letting the wife and I participate in this year's event. It was great meeting everyone and hope to run into you all soon again.
dubchester

Postby Solo » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:32 pm

Aaaaaand I've already forgotten everyone's names again. We really need to remember the engraved bricks next time. I'm hopeless. It was fun though.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Return to Star Wars