Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

New Hi-Res Shots of Rebels sets

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

New Hi-Res Shots of Rebels sets

Postby Staff » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:04 am

rebels-logo-big

Need a pre-Toy Fair taste of news that's coming up? How about some hi-res images of the upcoming sets, via the Yak Face forums?

First up we have The Ghost, a large ship that features some interesting building with a distinctly Star Wars look and a lot of different cockpit canopies. Also, three new minifigs, Zeb Orrelios, Hera Syndulla, and Kanan Jarrus, as well as a Storm Trooper. I'm especially excited for Zeb, and not just because his last name makes me want to go grab some cookies!

Star Wars Lego - Rebels - The Ghost

Next up, we have The Phantom, which strikes me as a bit less Star Wars-y (you put some different colors on there and that's Galaxy Squad), but features Ezra Bridger and C1-10P. The most interesting thing here is that our little astromech buddy has an obviously shorter torso and legs, meaning that he's quite a bit shorter than his minifig buddy. The cockpit glass also stands out, and I wonder if that front marking is a sticker or printed...

Star Wars Lego - Rebels - The Phantom

We still don't know a whole lot about Rebels, but if the ships are any indication, or the figures, it should be a decent successor to Clone Wars.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2014/02/14/new-hi-res-shots-of-rebels-sets/
Staff

Re: New Hi-Res Shots of Rebels sets

Postby xowainx » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:17 am

The Phantom can "dock" inside the back of The Ghost too, which is pretty dope.
xowainx

Postby dWhisper » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:42 am

I saw that when I was grabbing the images for these, and saw the reveal video from a couple of weeks ago. Kind of odd, since that makes me wonder if both of these are good guy ships. This one has red lasers, which would normally mean "bad guy" but docks with the other ship which says good.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby Inzane » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:00 am

Like much of the Clone Wars content, to me these sets are an easy 'pass'.

My wallet will thank me.
Inzane

Postby Draykov » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:15 am

Hey, printed stormtrooper legs (without sand on them)!

dWhisper wrote:This one has red lasers, which would normally mean "bad guy" but docks with the other ship which says good.

Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Joedward » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:32 am

If the Phantom is less than 15 (unlikely) I'll get it, less than 20 is a maybe, more and I'll pass.

The Ghost looks so much worse than I originally thought. sigh
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby dWhisper » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:57 am

I know that in the originals it was more liberal with the colors, but in the PT and more recent stuff, it's really solidified on "blue and green" are good stuff and red are bad. You see it in other sets like the Battle Packs and characters. We'll have reviews of several new Star Wars sets after the Toy Fair coverage, and the Clones have "blue" blasters while Death Star troopers and the like have red.
dWhisper

Postby buriedbybricks » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:19 am

Looks like I might be BL'ing a couple parts from these, but I don't know if I want that adorable stubby astro gumming up my mech symmetry. Already passed on the TOR beer fridge/droid. Neat, but not desirable.
buriedbybricks

Postby Draykov » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:19 am

dWhisper wrote:I know that in the originals it was more liberal with the colors, but in the PT and more recent stuff, it's really solidified on "blue and green" are good stuff and red are bad.

Based on the OT I always thought of it as green bad/red good...but I guess Obi-Wan's "certain point of view" applies. After all, the "good blue and green" became the bad green. I guess. But I digress...look everyone, new toys!
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby The_Chosen_1 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:09 am

Well, we do know that they're moving more toward an OT sensibility with this series, which would explain the red lasers.

The sets themselves look absolutely fantastic!! I cannot WAIT for this show to premier. Also, the deco on the round cockpit would has to be printed; a sticker just wouldn't work on a rounded shape like that.
The_Chosen_1

Postby rushiosan » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:28 am

Retail price should be US$ 90-100 and US$ 30-40 for each... I really wish I could get the Ghost set, but it certainly will come for over US$ 250 at my brazilian face. I'm really excited for the show after seeing those pics.

I'm curious about how both ships would fit together (considering the small one can be docked).
rushiosan

Postby rushiosan » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:32 am

The_Chosen_1 wrote:Also, the deco on the round cockpit would has to be printed; a sticker just wouldn't work on a rounded shape like that.

TLG never made stickers for bubblish canopy parts. I hope they don't ever consider trying this.
rushiosan

Postby Tohst » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:55 am

I wish that ship was more Galaxy Squad. It is way too blocky.

-Tohst ....what? I have a lot of Galaxy Squad.....SPACESHIP!
Tohst
Staff Writer

Postby dWhisper » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:47 pm

I wasn't talking about the round canopy, which is unfeasible to really sticker for kids (though the UCS X-Wing canopy tells us that Lego will sticker anything). I was talking specifically about the accent at the front of the canopy for The Phantom, that red triangle and gray part. It looks to be printed, but they've done similar designs as stickers before.
dWhisper

Postby rushiosan » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:08 pm

Oh, I see. I guess it's 50/50 then, since we got the UCS X-Wing (both of them, actually) and the 2013 A-Wing stickered, but I haven't seen a classic X-Wing canopy (I'm too lazy to google that piece) with stickers since UCS Y-Wing...
rushiosan

Postby The_Chosen_1 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:25 pm

Ah, my mistake. I really hope all of the canopy pieces are printed; but like you mentioned dWhisper, Lego has been known to sticker whatever they can.
The_Chosen_1

Postby Joedward » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:31 pm

At a guess, the front round canopy will be printed, the one just above will require a sticker
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby Mofo Jones » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:36 pm

The Phantom looks like a mini Imperial Shuttle with stubby wings and fin. It's practically a Mini-Rig.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby Trooper10 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:39 pm

Mofo Jones wrote:The Phantom looks like a mini Imperial Shuttle with stubby wings and fin. It's practically a Mini-Rig.

Good call - almost like a mini shuttle rear-ended a Y-wing and this is what came out. I think I forgive its ugliness a lot for the fact it docks in the Ghost.

Re: Red vs Green/Blue, maybe its Green/Blue = The legitimate Government (with the Jedi of PT being a puppet para-military police force), while Red = terrorists trying to bring down the legitimate government! (Proven by the fact that Darth Vader eventually murdered kindly old grampa Palpy) ;)
Trooper10

Postby Solo » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:56 pm

Love the stubby new droid design and hope we get more astromechs like that, but the name "Chopper" has me worried it might be a special unit that got chopped down to that size for some yet to be explained reason.

Ships are ok. Big one reminds me of the Nostromo escape pod from Alien a little. Smaller one looks like a fair candidate for our old Ugly contest, obviously a Y-wing cockpit with the back chopped off and itty bitty wings slapped on to make it a fighter. I actually like that.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Next

Return to Star Wars