Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Summer 2014 LEGO Star Wars Set Names Revealed

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Summer 2014 LEGO Star Wars Set Names Revealed

Postby Staff » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:47 pm

75052 Mos Eisley Cantina

Hungarian online toy shop, ILSE LEGO MÁRKABOLT, has posted the set names, numbers, piece counts, and Hungarian pricing for the Summer 2014 LEGO Star Wars sets. No pictures yet, but with the various Toy Fairs around the world happening in the next few months, we should be getting a good look at the sets soon enough. Oddly enough, that site has posted ONLY 2014 sets for all themes. Which makes me question the legitimacy. I'm sure it will get sorted out sooner or later. So with that being said, take the list below with a grain of salt. Summary with estimated Euro prices below:

• 75048 Phantom 20-30 EUR

• 75049 Snowspeeder 278 pieces 30-40 EUR

• 75050 B-wing 448 pieces 50-60 EUR

• 75051 Jedi Hunter 490 pieces 60-70 EUR

• 75052 Mos Eisley Cantina 615 pieces 70-80 EUR

• 75053 The Ghost piece number unknown yet 90-100 EUR

• 75054 AT-AT 1138 pieces 110EUR

• 75055 Imperial Star Destroyer 120EUR

With all the money I'm saving by not buying any of the January wave, I can double up on some of the OT goodness.

Thank to Tomas from Groove Bricks for the heads up.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/12/31/summer-2014-lego-star-wars-set-names-revealed/
Staff

Re: Summer 2014 LEGO Star Wars Set Names Revealed

Postby Marty » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:42 pm

Honestly, this has to be a cruel joke, most of these sets have been made in one form or another, and not all have been greatly approved off.
The Cantina however has been the one most eagerly awaited on, and while I have no doubt someday it will be seen I think that this list has got hoax's written all over it.
If Lego is to continue with the SW series successfully they it seriously needs to pull its finger out, thats if their last lot of token sets are anything to go by.
Old time series is what most want, but in a different way.
Example,
Bathers, sand people have something in this?
Cantina, dew backs! long overdue.
A proper UCS falcon with play area built in, I hear rumours of this, "Lego make it so!"
Buildings of the space port, a great addition should the cantina ever get made?
Finish the bounty hunters, at least, as if a play set of the star destroyer is to be made, make it like rooms not a ship.
Finally the freezing chamber, at least consider it.
These are just some of the ideas I read every now and again, and I hope Lego has the good sense to act on.
Marty

Postby The_Chosen_1 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:21 am

This list actually seems quite logical to me, with the blend of OT and Rebels-themed sets. The only things I don't like are the Snowspeeder (sheesh...we just got another one with the Battle of Hoth set) and AT-AT (again, it's only been a few years since the last one. The only real improvement that we need here would be a UCS minifigure scale model ala the Millennium Falcon or Imperial Shuttle). That said, I'm beyond excited about the Cantina!! I just hope Lego can do it justice as a mid-sized set. I'd have been much more optimistic if it were a proper $100-120 set; but hey, I'm not going to complain.

I could have sworn that we'd get a Dagobah set soon, particularly with the stellar new Yoda mold begging to be used. I suppose that could always be a store exclusive or come in a later wave, however.
The_Chosen_1

Postby sterow » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:55 am

The list makes sense to me: as Marty says "most of these sets have been made in one form or another, and not all have been greatly approved of," but that's why it makes sense. At these stage of the license re-dos are inevitable and all of these would make sense because the earlier versions all have issues.

The last AT-AT was 8129 in 2010. That's a four year gap. However I think for many that fell short: it was the rare re-do that wasn't better than its predecessor (4483 - I'm ignoring the motorised one). 4483 was a great set and I still have it on display after ten years: it's the only major standing set I have that uses the old greys. I'd love to see them have a crack at matching or bettering that set: 8129 just didn't do it IMO.

Similarly the most recent B-wing is a set crying out for a redesign. It's a tricky ship to do, but I bet the designers would love to scale down some of the techniques used on the UCS version.

Another shot at the Star Destroyer is logical. That was an early pioneer of their bigger starship playsets and had a few issues (the misshapen bridge and it's general fragility). The subsequent sets in that sequence have set a higher standard and the SD could do with being raised to that level.

And Cantina makes sense simply because it's so requested, and the previous Mos Eisley cantina only scratched the surface of the possibilites (and was ages ago).

As for the need for a "proper UCS Falcon;" the UCS falcon is a masterpiece and as awesome as the mods that add interiors are, they just aren't feasible within a reasonable piece count / price.
sterow

Postby Andi » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:55 am

Cantina? Star Destroyer? Sounds awesome
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Postby riotact » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:52 am

I'm thinking the Star Destroyer could be a Rebels set. It's in the show, and would be a way to get a bunch of new characters into the line. And the Ghost has already been announced as a new vehicle in Rebels.
riotact

Postby GIR3691 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:05 am

Mos Eisley Cantina could mean a new dewback. And Greedo. I'm down for a new B-Wing. Never got the previous one. Star Destroyer will really have to impress.

I Really hope the Rebels sets don't continue the Clone Wars faces. I bet they will.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby Mofo Jones » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:14 am

HAN WILL SHOOT FIRST.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby xowainx » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:22 am

My guess with the snow speeder is that it will be integrated into the "great vehicles" line that the V Wing, Vulture Droid, Jedi Starfighter and Wheelbike are part of. I'm looking forward to the B-Wing as its one of my favourite ships, and I love the 2006 one.
xowainx

Postby Ultron32 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:18 am

I can'tina wait for the Cantina set.
No? Ok.
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Postby Ewokologist » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:44 am

I'd say this wave has promise!
Ewokologist

Postby The_Chosen_1 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:31 pm

xowainx wrote:My guess with the snow speeder is that it will be integrated into the "great vehicles" line that the V Wing, Vulture Droid, Jedi Starfighter and Wheelbike are part of. I'm looking forward to the B-Wing as its one of my favourite ships, and I love the 2006 one.

"Great Vehicles" line? I don't think that's a thing.
The_Chosen_1

Postby majortom » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:19 pm

Great Vehicles

@xowainx: eh? please elaborate.

It took me a while to register the fact that some of these ships would be from the upcoming Rebels TV show. Although I don't think the minifigs will be that reminiscent of the Clone Wars figs (or at least I hope they wont..) I was under the impression that Rebels would be in a different aesthetic to the Clone Wars series, although I'm not sure where I heard that.

I was pretty underwhelmed by the previous wave of Star Wars sets, and truth be told, I haven't purchased a LEGO set for along time, perhaps over a year(!) -although, admittedy I have been tempted, but these sets would have to do something pretty spectacular to warrant a purchase.

Altogether the line-up sounds intriguing- I'd look forward to seeing a b-wing redesign, as it's pretty long overdue (and one of my favourite SW vehicles), as is a Tatooine Cantina -and you know there will be some pretty obscure figs thrown in (I'd put money on Ponda Baba and Dr Evazan, along with the obligatory Han and Greedo). I'm looking forward to seeing the ghost (perhaps in the TV show more than in plastic form) and I'm guessing that The Phantom would be one of the goodie starfighters allied with the ghost(?), given the synonymous names. I count seven versions of a LEGO Snowspeeder, four of which are in system scale (correct me if I'm wrong), but does this really warrant another iteration? Prequel Trilogy vehicle redesigns have been a mixed bag so I guess we can only cross our fingers...
majortom

Postby dWhisper » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:05 pm

Mofo Jones wrote:HAN WILL SHOOT FIRST.

That's the marketing magic of the Black Series 6" figures right now. I just need to find a good Cantina table to shoot my Greedo over and over...
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby Brickweiser » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:50 pm

75048 Phantom 20-30 EUR
75049 Snowspeeder 278 pieces 30-40 EUR
75050 B-wing 448 pieces 50-60 EUR
75051 Jedi Hunter 490 pieces 60-70 EUR
75052 Mos Eisley Cantina 615 pieces 70-80 EUR
75053 The Ghost piece number unknown yet 90-100 EUR
75054 AT-AT 1138 pieces 110EUR
75055 Imperial Star Destroyer 120EUR

From what I've seen of preliminary images and listings, the following minifigures can be verified:

75051 "Jedi Hunter": Jek-14, Ithorian Jedi, RA-7 Protocol Droid, Astromech Droid (with similar colouring to R3-S6)
75052 "Mos Eisley Cantina": Sandtrooper, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Greedo, Dewback
75054 "AT-AT": Imperial Officer, AT-AT Driver, 2 x Snowtrooper, Snowtrooper Commander
75055 "ISD": Darth Vader, Imperial Officer (Named?), Imperial Crew, Stormtrooper (with leg printing), looks like Imperial Technician Crew (ie. those two guys that board the Millenium Falcon to sweep the ship in ANH)
Brickweiser

Postby banthafodder » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:46 pm

http://www.groovebricks.com/wp-content/ ... Eisley.png
Horrible image but I can clearly make out a dewback.
banthafodder

Postby jomandybri » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:50 pm

banthafodder wrote:http://www.groovebricks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/MosEisley.png
Horrible image but I can clearly make out a dewback.

Oh, you mean this? It was in a trailer for the Microfighters, I believe it may have been unlocked in the Advent Calendar when you did activities online. For the record, I originally found this on Hoth Bricks a couple of days ago. Suprised no one had posted it here yet, to be honest.
May the mass times acceleration be with you!
jomandybri

Postby gomek » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:42 am

Brickweiser wrote:From what I've seen of preliminary images and listings, the following minifigures can be verified:

75052 "Mos Eisley Cantina": Sandtrooper, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Greedo, Dewback

Following the cruel joke theme, this is an exact list of every figure I don't want in a Cantina set. (with apologies to those of you who don't already have a Greedo figure). If I can't get at least a Hammerhead fig, this set would be a easy pass for me.
gomek

Postby Brickweiser » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:48 am

gomek wrote:
Brickweiser wrote:From what I've seen of preliminary images and listings, the following minifigures can be verified:

Following the cruel joke theme, this is an exact list of every figure I don't want in a Cantina set. (with apologies to those of you who don't already have a Greedo figure). If I can't get at least a Hammerhead fig, this set would be a easy pass for me.

There were other minifigures, but it's impossible to make them out in the preliminary artwork.
Brickweiser

Postby gomek » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:32 am

Brickweiser wrote: There were other minifigures, but it's impossible to make them out in the preliminary artwork.

Thanks for the updates. I'll cross my fingers then. It just makes me sad because this is by far the one set I was looking forward to. The Cantina figs represent about half my most wanted list, and to not get even one new figure in a Cantina set would be a huge disappointment.

Edit: found an image here:http://statigr.am/p/623709506052597517_248619904

Looks like they have two Squidward figures as placeholders for Aliens. Of course I'd rather have 5 aliens and no rehashed figures, but obviously I know that's too much to ask for.
gomek

Next

Return to Star Wars