Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

10123-Cloud City Bobba Fett: Real vs Fake

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

10123-Cloud City Bobba Fett: Real vs Fake

Postby skaterickets » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:49 pm

As topic says I am very curious as to whether people can tell the difference between a real authentic 10123 Bobba Fett, and a fake/custom made one. I am especially interested if anyone has any experience on this(i.e owns both a real and fake). I'm not asking this because I bought one and think it is fake, but like I said just curious. Looking at them from pictures I really cannot tell ANY difference except that custom made ones have a shinier look, but this could be just because they're freshly made. Any opinions appreciated!
skaterickets

Re: 10123-Cloud City Bobba Fett: Real vs Fake

Postby Solo » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:00 pm

It would help if you posted some pictures to compare. What custom made ones are you looking at?
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby icruise » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:24 pm

I would say any "Bobba" Fett figure would be fake. :)
icruise

Postby rmoore » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:18 pm

Are custom ones done with water transfer decals? If so, it seems like the very slight thickness of the decal would be easy to spot in person versus an authentic printed Lego piece, but virtually impossible to discern from a photo. Therefore, buy with caution online.
rmoore

Postby Solo » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:26 am

In some of those shots of the customs you can clearly see the edge of the decals used. I've handled minifigs with decals like that and it's very noticeable in person. It doesn't ruin the figure or anything, so long as it's expected to be there, but if I were to buy a Boba that was claimed to be legit and it turned out to be a custom I would be fairly irate.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Return to Star Wars