Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

7595 Army Men on Patrol

Read what others think of Toy Story sets. Add your own mini review!

Rating

25%
25%
25%
25%

Total votes : 8

7595 Army Men on Patrol

Postby Staff » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:00 am

Rate this set using the poll options above.

You may add a mini review and comments by following the format below:

Pros: It's awesome!

Cons: It sucks!

Comments: Comments go here.

Please be brief and concise. Any posts not following this format will be deleted. If you're interested in submitting a full review, please visit our reviews forum.

Set Guide Entry: 7595 Army Men on Patrol
Staff

Re: 7595 Army Men on Patrol

Postby Draykov » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:20 am

Pros: minifigures (duh), minifigure stands

Cons:after the novelty wears off, the lack of military accuracy kind of seems like a tease

Comments: this is a great little set with a nifty little Jeep and a new army helmet element begging to be included in some B-movie giant monster diorama; includes fig accessories previously unavailable in bright green
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby MrCRskater » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:16 pm

Pros: Lots of green, perfect homage to the film and a great addition to the TS line. If nothing else, definitely a good parts pack.
Cons: There are SO MANY weapons and accessories and not enough hands to hold them all!
Comments: The little jeep is great, and of course the all-green army men minifigs are just too cool. Of course, the new helmets, accessories, and minifig parts in green will be great for some, but all the green bricks have already proven useful in several MOC's.
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby meeotch » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:49 pm

Pros: um... ARMY MEN!!!

Cons: No parachute.

Comments: Honestly, once it was known that LEGO was getting the Toy Story license, TLC would have been remiss NOT to have made this battle pack. Part of me wants to complain about the lack of variety that would be apparent when comparing multiple copies of this set put together next to an actual Bucket 'O Men, but realistically, it's a LEGO set, and it could have been done so much worse. I suppose posable knees and elbows would be really awesome! ;)
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby Flynn » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:20 pm

Pros: Obviously, the army men. Specifically, the stands are quite nice and have a wide variety of uses. Additionally, LEGO did a good job in deciding which of the various army men to give us (A paratrooper would've been ideal, but unlikely, so I'll let it slide).

Cons: I never cared for the jeep, if only for the fact it's just a recoloring of the Indiana Jones Brickmaster set. Additionally, the set suffers from the same problem most "battlepacks" have- there's really not a lot of substance to the set itself aside from the figures.

Comments: I probably would've never gotten the set had I not won it in a random chat contest (Thanks again, onions). As cool as the figures are, it just didn't really pique my interest the same way the other Toy Story sets had. That being said, the figures themselves are quite nice, and while there isn't really much of a "set" to be had, you do get your money's worth for ten dollars. I'm glad I have it, and although it isn't really my kind of set, it is very nice for what it tries to be. 8/10 overall.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Bubblyhai » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:38 am

Pros: I really love the green army men!

Cons: I don't like the Jeep.

Comments: A tank or a army truck would have been great. I have the army men on my desk at work they are fun to look at and play with.
Bubblyhai

Return to Toy Story Set Guide: Ratings and Comments