Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

7596 Trash Compactor Escape

Read what others think of Toy Story sets. Add your own mini review!

Rating

50%
50%

Total votes : 2

7596 Trash Compactor Escape

Postby Staff » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:30 am

Rate this set using the poll options above.

You may add a mini review and comments by following the format below:

Pros: It's awesome!

Cons: It sucks!

Comments: Comments go here.

Please be brief and concise. Any posts not following this format will be deleted. If you're interested in submitting a full review, please visit our reviews forum.

Set Guide Entry: 7596 Trash Compactor Escape
Staff

Re: 7596 Trash Compactor Escape

Postby buriedbybricks » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:38 am

Pros: Great part selection with some rare pieces and colours. Fun play features and a quick, simple build. Just 30 minutes with a 3 year old assisting.

Cons: The Minifigs are a little too unique IMO. The crane is a bit top heavy and it's winch is a tad too tight.

Comments: The only reason I bought this sets is because it went on clearance for $25, I'm not a fan of the dirty spots on the figs as it makes them far less usable. At that price it's a great parts pack with a load of useful pieces. My son and I just finished building it and he's been enjoying it all morning and the only problem he's had is with the crane. If they had weighed the bottom down or attached it to the compactor it would be much better. I rated this set a 6, but it would probably have been an 8 if the figures were the normal variety.
buriedbybricks

Re: 7596 Trash Compactor Escape

Postby Bubblyhai » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:52 am

Pro: I like the dirty mini figs! Woot.

Con: I didn't like the build, conveyor belt and the claw doesn't really work that well.

Comments: I got the set as a bday gift, I wouldn't own the set otherwise. I thought the build was boring. I plan to strip the set down and use it for a MOC in the near future. The dirty mini aliens were my fav… plus you get two of them.
Bubblyhai

Return to Toy Story Set Guide: Ratings and Comments