Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

7597 Western Train Chase

Read what others think of Toy Story sets. Add your own mini review!

Rating

20%
20%
20%
20%
20%

Total votes : 5

7597 Western Train Chase

Postby Staff » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:35 am

Rate this set using the poll options above.

You may add a mini review and comments by following the format below:

Pros: It's awesome!

Cons: It sucks!

Comments: Comments go here.

Please be brief and concise. Any posts not following this format will be deleted. If you're interested in submitting a full review, please visit our reviews forum.

Set Guide Entry: 7597 Western Train Chase
Staff

Re: 7597 Western Train Chase

Postby Draykov » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:02 pm

Pros: a unique addition to LEGO trains; some nice printed parts

Cons: locomotive is a bit flimsy; motor incorporation w/ loco difficult; no rail included

Comments: This set has a fun cartoony/western aesthetic; a few pieces of straight rail for display would've been welcome; the intricate wheel assemblies of the loco will make adding a motor (PF, 9v, etc.) tough to do without compromising the original design.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby MisterFubar » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:02 am

Pros: It really captures the set from the movie well. It's proportions are off just enough that it feels and looks like a toy, not a scale model. Good selection of minifigs/characters.

Cons: No track and the Locomotive would be difficult(not impossible) to motorize while keeping the same look.

Comments: This is my first LEGO train(unless my daughter's DUPLO trains count) and I'm going to have to admit that I am hooked. I never realized how large they are, for whatever reason I was thinking the set was going to be about 2/3 the size it actually is. I don't usually pay that much attention to piece counts, I look more at the size of the model you get for the price and even though I paid about 1/2 price for this set I don't think I would have been disappointed at all if I had paid close to full price.
MisterFubar

Postby Bubblyhai » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:22 am

Pros:I really like the selctions of mini figs. I also like the build of the set.

Cons: I agree withe the other ppls: No track and the Locomotive would be difficult (not impossible) to motorize while keeping the same look.

Comments: This is my first LEGO train i was expecting a little more but it was a fun build. I don't have a city for the train to go around or tracks for the train to sit on so it is just sitting in a display case ATM. The TLG did a good job on making it look exactly like the trian in the Toy Story movie. The scene in the movie with the train was one of my favorite scene.
Bubblyhai

Return to Toy Story Set Guide: Ratings and Comments