Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

7930 Bounty Hunter Assault Gunship

View comments and rate sets in this forum.

Rating

33%
33%
33%

Total votes : 3

7930 Bounty Hunter Assault Gunship

Postby Staff » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:16 am

Rate this set using the poll options above.

You may add a mini review and comments by following the format below:

Code: Select all
[b]Pros:[/b] It's awesome!

[b]Cons:[/b] It sucks!

[b]Comments:[/b] Comments go here.

Please be brief and concise. Any posts not following this format will be deleted. If you're interested in submitting a full review, please visit our reviews forum.

Set Guide Entry: 7930 Bounty Hunter Assault Gunship
Staff

Re: 7930 Bounty Hunter Assault Gunship

Postby Blackicep8ntball » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:07 pm

Pros: Aurra Sing minifigure - been waiting for her since 1999. Embo's a nice fig as well.

Cons: Set was exactly what I expected- no surprise features, lots of stickers, and rather small for the price. Most frustrating in the construction is that the stickers on the engine are very slightly too big - it's impossible to place them on the rounded cannister parts without having them hang slightly over the slots on the bottom of the cannisters.

Comments: I always build Lego sets with some expectation of what the final product will look like; I've seen pictures, often read the reviews, and have been building Lego sets for a long time. However, I'm almost always pleasantly surprised by the set: it's often bigger than it looks in the photos, has some neat hidden features, or just simply looks better in person than it does in photos. This set dissapointed - there are really no secret features, the ship almost seemed smaller than I expected, and it looked in person exactly as it looked on the box. TLG is also still running strong with their darned sticker infatuation - there are a lot of stickers on this set, and the engine stickers are particularly frustrating as they're too big to fit entirely on the plastic engine cannisters; no matter how accurately you place them on the piece, they're just too big. Finally, in my opinion, the ship is about $10 over-priced (which is not that outrageous as far as SW sets go overall, but still...). However, it's nice to finally have an Aurra Sing, and I like the Embo figure as well.

Overall, not the worst edition to the SW line, but far from the best.
Blackicep8ntball

Re: 7930 Bounty Hunter Assault Gunship

Postby MrCRskater » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:58 pm

Pros: Distinctive look, lots of dark green parts, killer minifigs

Cons: Ship is kinda small, engine nacelles tend to sag down in flight mode, HUGE stickers, and lots of 'em

Comments: While the stickers add a lot to the look of this ship, they are quite large and difficult to apply. As they go on larger parts, it kinda bums me out to limit the use of those parts with sticker detailing. Also, the finished model is kinda small for the price, the miniscule prison cell being an extension of this. The only way to fit a fig in there is if it's legs/torso/head only. If they have a hairdo/headpiece, forget it. On the upside, it's a very unique-looking ship so it makes a cool addition to your display case. If nothing else, it's a pretty decent parts pack with lots of dark green and a few other goodies.
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Return to Star Wars Set Guide: Ratings and Comments