Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

8087 TIE Defender

View comments and rate sets in this forum.

Rating

20%
40%
20%
20%

Total votes : 5

8087 TIE Defender

Postby Staff » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:17 am

Rate this set using the poll options above.

You may add a mini review and comments by following the format below:

Pros: It's awesome!

Cons: It sucks!

Comments: Comments go here.

Please be brief and concise. Any posts not following this format will be deleted. If you're interested in submitting a full review, please visit our reviews forum.

Set Guide Entry: 8087 TIE Defender
Staff

Re: 8087 TIE Defender

Postby MrCRskater » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:12 pm

Pros: Yay, more EU vehicles! Looks real purty, too.
Cons: WAY overpriced, not a great build experience. Flick-fire missiles are worthless.
Comments: 304 parts for $50?! This thing had better have a working hyperdrive! But alas, it is just a cockpit with 3 symmetrical wing pylons. The build is lackluster, the figs are "meh." And the flick-fire missiles? Forget it. I modded mine to be just plain ol' laser points. However, this is one of the most impressive-looking 300-piece sets you can get, and the gyroscopic cockpit is kinda neat. Kinda cool, but don't even think about paying MSRP for this set. Catch it on sale.
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Re: 8087 TIE Defender

Postby Tohst » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:54 am

Pros:
New Pilot
TIE!

Cons:
Price was terrible for what you got (Is it a pro that there were lots of sales mitigating this?)
New grey highlights instead of blue (I know this is going to be controversial)

Comments: Comments go here.
Lego has put out quite a few TIEs and a new EU one is welcome. However, the lack of blue highlights to thematically match previous TIEs (except for the last Darth Vader one which I had the same issue with) makes the thing look really boring. Plus, given the upgrades they have done for other sets, I can't be the only one wishing they'd do something with the TIE cockpit. Be BOLD Lego both in design and color.
Tohst
Staff Writer

Return to Star Wars Set Guide: Ratings and Comments