Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

8091 Republic Swamp Speeder

View comments and rate sets in this forum.

Rating

50%
50%

Total votes : 2

8091 Republic Swamp Speeder

Postby Staff » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:17 am

Rate this set using the poll options above.

You may add a mini review and comments by following the format below:

Pros: It's awesome!

Cons: It sucks!

Comments: Comments go here.

Please be brief and concise. Any posts not following this format will be deleted. If you're interested in submitting a full review, please visit our reviews forum.

Set Guide Entry: 8091 Republic Swamp Speeder
Staff

Re: 8091 Republic Swamp Speeder

Postby Mofo Jones » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:40 am

Pros: Barriss Offee, ROTS/Phase II Clone, some of the design

Cons: Same old boring BD and SBD figs, flick-fire missiles, and way overpriced

Comments: I bought this on sale at TRU sometime last year. So, I paid less than the TRU tax pricing, but still, one of my first thoughts after completing the set was that I shouldn't have bothered buying it. Not a good sign. As usual, the box contains far too much Danish air. The completed set is very small, and I have to agree with the Staff Review that it does appear that the designer got to a certain point and succumbed to overwhelming ennui. I like the turning function and the wheels that make it appear to float along the floor. After significant testing consisting of a push on each type of surface, I can report that this function works better on a tile or linoleum floor than shag carpet. I'm not crazy about another set with flick-fire missiles, but I can pretend that they are guns.

I like that you get Barriss Offee and a ROTS/Phase II clone. I would have rather had another clone or two instead of more BDs and an SBD, but I suppose the clankers are there to give the Republic something to fight in the swamp.

So, if you are only going to buy one Star Wars set, this isn't it. If you are buying your 101st set, you don't have this one yet, you find it on sale and you can deal with a small return on your investment, then get this set. In other words, wait for a sale!
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Return to Star Wars Set Guide: Ratings and Comments