Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

TRU Canada's LEGO Star Wars Minifigure Trade-In Event

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

TRU Canada's LEGO Star Wars Minifigure Trade-In Event

Postby Staff » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:23 am

13. Clone Trooper

Last year I took my son to Toys R Us Canada's first minifigure swap meet and he really enjoyed himself. This year the event will have a Star Wars theme and while I have no idea what figures they will have to trade, I can at least give my account from the previous year. Each staff member is given a special name tag that can hold up to three minifigures and the mostly go about their business once the event starts. The figures last year were mostly random as well. I arrived about 10 minutes into the event last year and was able to find a staff member (near the back of the store) that had one of the original three they were given and my son was pleased to get the green ninja. After we were finished trading around the store and my son had three figures he really wanted, we went to talk to someone I know in the electronics department and his supervisor about the set up. They said the baggie they got seemed to have mostly basic figures like the CMF's and a couple from various themes, but no licensed figs. However, this isn't made to be an event for collectors and the kids all seemed to love it and the trading was fast and furious the entire time we were there. Also, the trading wasn't limited to store staff and the kids began trading amongst themselves quickly. I really enjoyed watching these barters as negotiations between half pint traders with their fig filled sandwich baggies seemed to quickly go from very intense to giddy in a heartbeat and ended in happy dances more than once. The poker faces melt off quickly at that age. To my son's delight he managed a trade for an Indiana Jones minifigure and he even hardballed the older kid because "it isn't Indiana Jones if he doesn't have the whip". /pride

The event starts at 11am and ends at 1pm, by which point some kids will be happy and some store employees will be exhausted. They have a limit of one per customer this year and Express & Wonderlab locations are excluded. So grab that crappy old chrome C-3PO or your cloud city Boba Fett and see what you get!

While you're there, they have most of the LEGO Lord Of The Rings, The Hobbit and Super Heroes sets at 20% off and if you buy any LEGO Star Wars set (or any Star Wars toy) you'll get a collectable $5 off any $25 purchase gift card. Let me know how it goes as I will not be attending. My son likes all his Star Wars figures.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/09/06/tru-canadas-lego-star-wars-minifigure-trade-in-event/
Staff

Re: TRU Canada's LEGO Star Wars Minifigure Trade-In Event

Postby Ultron32 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:51 am

Oh how jealous I am. My extra Sebulbas are yearning for a place to go.
They should do this in the US.
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Postby murphquake » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:54 pm

Funny you should mention that... I said the same thing earlier
murphquake

Postby Ultron32 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:46 am

Ha, about the Sebulbas you mean? I imagine , you have even more of that planet set than me. I got two of it, plus the other set he came in.
Ultron32

Postby Bertramtalespinner » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:12 am

Thanks for sharing this event, we don't always get the TRU flyer. I did well armed with and old Chewie, Fett, Endor Luke and some Battle Droids.
Came home with two new Tie pilots, A-Wing pilot and a Nikto guard.
Bertramtalespinner

Postby murphquake » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:15 pm

ah yes battle droids... that would have been smart too! A-Wing & Nikto are awesome... What else did they have, or were those from other 'shoppers'
murphquake

Postby Bertramtalespinner » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:26 pm

Not sure on the source of the various figs. Lots of battle droids, super and regular. Some clones, some Imperials like AT-AT drivers etc. No Hoth Han's that I would have freaked over.
Bertramtalespinner

Postby Slogghead » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:44 pm

I traded a battle droid for the A-wing pilot. They had a tie pilot, olive green clone, light blue clone and the A-wing pilot at my TRU
Slogghead

Postby Ultron32 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:03 am

See, if they did a Super Heroes one I imagine that would make kids very happy.
Ultron32

Postby Ultron32 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:26 pm

Good point. I guess that is the problem, if kids could have given any figure for these figures they would have gotten them I'm sure.
Ultron32

Postby batsamd » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:09 am

I have a few old style Boba Fetts I'd trade for some newer figs.

To bad they don't do this in my local TRU in Wichita, KS, USA.
batsamd

Return to Finds/Deals