Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Planet Series 4 Will NOT Be Released in the U.S.

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Re: Planet Series 4 Will NOT Be Released in the U.S.

Postby Bellicose » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:42 pm

It's the ion cannon shooting at you.
Bellicose

Postby GIR3691 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:05 pm

But there's one on the exact same spot in each hemisphere. It's gotta be a factory error. I spun my planet around so both splotches are facing the wall.

I actually really like the planets as a background to my display shelf. I have the round octagonal bar plate on each, and then they're stacked two-high with a technic pin connecting them. Having one of each in a 2x5 configuration actually looks pretty nice. I'm glad they released an even number of planets.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby thepatient » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:35 pm

I really want to get these Series 4. I checked on Amazon and they do sell them through after market dealers. My wife as pulled the "Christmas is coming card". Is there going to be a shortage of these since LEGO send a certain amount of these out? In other words; does anyone think these will still be around for Christmas? Am I panicking for no reason?

In reading this article, I see that this line is ending. I just don't want to miss completing the series. I just need some info to convince the wife.
<O> <O>
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." -Winston Churchill
thepatient

Postby Mister Ed » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:28 pm

I wouldn't wait if I were you. Though to be fair, if I were you, I wouldn't pay what they are charging for them now, either. But only you are you, so you have to decide how much you want them. But, I would expect them to only get more expensive and harder to find as time goes by, since this IS the end of the line, and these were NOT released in the US. If I was determined to get them, I would get them now. If somebody wanted to give them to me for Christmas, I would hand them over to be wrapped up, but I wouldn't want to put off getting them because MAYBE somebody would do so for me.
Mister Ed

Postby thepatient » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:52 pm

Thank you Mr. Ed.

I haven't had the time to check out the latest news, and I'm way behind.The price is the price. Even with shipping and no help from Prime, it's still cheaper than getting them through a relative in Europe. The exchange rate kills it. I find my self torn between time and price. Price I can deal with. I personally don't find the cost too offensive. It's the cost down the road that's grossly inflated. That starts making it way too much trouble to justify a purchase to my better half.

At twice the old cost, I can still appreciate the fact that an after market seller should make something, for the trouble. If I can get a way with getting these under $25,from one vender, I'm not doing entirely bad. If that's the worst hurdle in getting these, then I really don't have that much to complain about.
<O> <O>
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." -Winston Churchill
thepatient

Previous

Return to Finds/Deals