Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Shop@Home September Promotions, Clone Lieutenant Returns

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

LEGO Shop@Home September Promotions, Clone Lieutenant Returns

Postby Staff » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:05 pm

September Calendar

There are two upcoming promotions for the month of September for LEGO Shop@Home and LEGO Brand Retail.

First up is a Mini Volkswagen T1 Camper Van and it looks fantastic. The tile on the front looks to be stickered which may be a first for a mini. I'm sure I'm wrong though but I can't think of another mini set that has stickers. Anyways, buy $75 worth of LEGO product and you'll get the Mini Camper Van for free! Offer is valid from September 1-30 or while supplies last.

The Clone Trooper Lieutenant minifigure was previously only available at LEGOLAND California during their Star Wars Days weekend back in June. He can now be yours starting from September 1 through October 31 or while supplies last. If you spend $50 or more on LEGO Star Wars products, you'll get the Clone Lieutenant minifig FREE.

You could score both polybags in one purchase by buying $50 worth of Star Wars product for the Clone Lieutenant and then padding your order with $25 worth of other stuff to meet the $75 dollar threshold needed for the Camper Van.

image courtesy of Brickset
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/08/06/lego-shophome-september-promotions-clone-lieutenant-returns/
Staff

Re: LEGO Shop@Home September Promotions, Clone Lieutenant Re

Postby Oky Wan Kenobi » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:25 pm

Sweet promos, but I don't think getting them both with one purchase will work. It usually says on the back of the calendar in the fine print that these offers can't be combined with any other offer, and I don't think these will be an exception. It can never hurt to try though.
Oky Wan Kenobi

Postby onions » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:11 pm

this is true but a chat room member was able to get the galaxy squad mech and friends promos in one order. we'll find out in 25 days.
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby The_Chosen_1 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:36 pm

I'm pretty sure it usually works to get both promos. As Ace said, it was done with the recent Friends/Galaxy Squad polys, and I've done it several times in the past as well.
The_Chosen_1

Postby stanley » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:44 am

ouch, feel sorry for the peeps who forked out $100 or so for the clone
stanley

Postby peharbison » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:02 pm

Except not, for me at least. I waited until the wee hours of September 1st to order the Ewok Village, specifically to get the Clone Trooper Lieutenant. But when I add the village to my bag, I don't get the minifigure. I do get the VW Camper Van, but that's not why I held out for two weeks (I'm a VIP member of course).
peharbison

Postby Cradok » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:09 am

Looks like it's US/Canada only, awesome(!)
Cradok

Postby kevfromoz » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:32 am

Unfortunately it seems the Clone Trooper offer is only available in the US. I just ordered the Ewok Village from Lego Shop Australia and only got the Mini Volkswagen Camper Van included. Bit annoying and disappointing really.
kevfromoz

Postby jnd2k3 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:57 am

Done! Camper and Clone LT on the way! (and yes, you get both in one purchase)
jnd2k3

Postby peharbison » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:25 am

Okay, held off on ordering since it wasn't giving me the trooper right after midnight. 12 hours later, it was in my bag when I checked. So I've got it ordered now. Don't know if that means it's not US(Canada) only, since I'm in the US, but you might try again. If you already ordered, you can always call customer service and see if they will add it to your order after the fact.
peharbison

Postby Cradok » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:34 am

I've sent in a query, they're usually pretty quick, so I'll probably get an answer tomorrow. I'm holing off ordering until then.
Cradok

Postby nightwing112 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:38 am

Just ordered my Jedi Cruiser and I'm getting both the Trooper and The VW! :D
nightwing112

Postby YavinBase » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:50 pm

I went to my local LEGO store last night (08/31/2013) to buy 75005 (Rancor Pit) and 75021 (Republic Gunship). On my way to the store, a thunderstorm rolled in and when I got there the power was out. I waited around for about 30 minutes to see if power would be restored, but it did not come back on.

I did not see the September promo until this morning, so the storm did me a favor since I was able to get both polys with my purchase of 75021 and 75005 this afternoon. Two thumbs up to LEGO on both polys!!
YavinBase

Postby Cradok » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:48 am

Got my reply from Lego:

I'm afraid this promotion is only available in America, and I can't tell you if we are going to have the same promotion here in Europe. I am really sorry about that!

So, that's that. If I were a betting man, I'd say that it'll appear over here like the White Mando and Shirtless Maul - free with purchase from toy stores. But I'm not a betting man, so if anyone's willing to help a Euro out, please drop me a PM.
Cradok

Postby dathomir » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:39 am

Chances of getting it in a store here in Ireland is pretty much slim to none.

If anybody out there in the ether can help another Irish AFOL, it would be greatly appreciated.
dathomir

Postby Cradok » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:04 am

Realised I could sort it for myself, I just placed an order and had it shipped to a US address. Now, this does require knowing someone in the US who's willing to help, but I've found that toy collecting is a *lot* easier overall if you've got one of those.
Cradok

Postby spacysmoke » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:45 pm

Just went to one of my local Lego Stores yesterday (Schaumburg, IL) and they were only allowing one polybag per purchase, even if your purchase qualified for both.

Luckily, the cashier rang up my items incorrectly and had to redo the entire sale, which made him feel bad enough to give me both polybags, so I lucked out.

Just wanted to give a heads up if you are planning on going to a Lego Store for this promo, as your mileage may vary. Maybe call the store ahead of time and ask if you can get both polybags or not. If not, order online through S@H.
spacysmoke

Return to Finds/Deals