Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Set 79111 On Clearance at Target?? Whaaat?!

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Set 79111 On Clearance at Target?? Whaaat?!

Postby CloneDoc » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:33 pm

Found the Lone Ranger Constitution Train Chase 79111 marked with a Clearance sticker for $64.98. on the Shelves today. I guess the movie must really be doing bad for them to put it on clearance before it even leaves the theater! :lol:
Plus its marked down to $84.99 on their website, too. D'oh :shock:
CloneDoc

Re: Set 79111 On Clearance at Target?? Whaaat?!

Postby dWhisper » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:47 pm

Typically when a relatively new set goes on clearance like this, it's for one of two reasons. Either a) It's not on the planner for the next season or b) it's a mistake. Stores have a limited amount of space, and they may not carry everything at each store (Walmart does this based on store size).

But occasionally, something slips through the system. Which is how I picked up 79007 The Black Gate on clearance today for $41.98.

;)
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby kibosh » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:25 am

Yup. I picked up Council of Elrond for $21 this weekend. Target is screwy sometimes.
Check out my daily Lego picture at alegoaday.com.
kibosh

Postby dWhisper » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:04 am

Mostly it's that Target's distribution centers outrun its merchandising arm a lot, and product shows up before it has a place on the shelf. They have some kind of automatic system that marks down items that aren't placed on a shelf, and sometimes it screws up.

I wish I would have found the Council sets marked down. I need several more of those for those delicious new mini arches.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby CloneDoc » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:41 pm

The shelves were pretty bare of the other stuff, but I guess you never know what's going to be marked down. I wish any of the LOTR sets were marked down, I would have gotten a few of those as well.
CloneDoc

Return to Finds/Deals