Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

May the 4th LEGO Shop@Home Deals: 10227 B-wing Starfighter 50% off

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Re: May the 4th LEGO Shop@Home Deals: 10227 B-wing Starfight

Postby Zrath » Sat May 04, 2013 3:45 pm

I went to the Lego Store in Glendale, CA, and they were already sold out!
Manager says they had 66 in stock, and a line outside the store before they opened!
MADNESS!!
Thankfully, the Lego Shop website has the B-Wing on back order for May 16th, so you can still take advantage of the sale that way. Shipping is free and you get the Han minifig and a poster.
So I did that.
I can wait. :)
Zrath

Postby FallenJedi » Sat May 04, 2013 4:29 pm

madLEGOman wrote:With the exception of the b-wing, kinda disapointed with this sale. :/

Not a bad sale on Hoth Echo Base, Gold Leader's Y-wing and Palpatine's Arrest.
FallenJedi

Postby DarthBuilder » Sat May 04, 2013 5:59 pm

Went to the LEGO Store at Tyson's Corner in VA at opening and were about 20 or so adults and a maybe 5 or 6 children easily all under 8 yrs of age. Couple of guys late 20s made sure they got in first, you know before the kids that can't even reach the B-wings up on the shelf. I laughed as I strolled up to the register to find a dozen more behind the counter. Then laughed harder as they complained to the cashier for not being able to have a Han Solo fig with each B-wing (4) they had. Fortunatly the reps didnt budge. Store had 400 minifigs for the weekend so they wanted to ensure availability, one Han Solo per person. A B-wing at $200 isn't that popular but at $100, well everyone loses their minds.
DarthBuilder

Postby Bellicose » Sun May 05, 2013 10:26 am

I grabbed one of the last ones in Ontario, they (B-Wings) went quick. Got the new X-Wing too, looks pretty sweet.
Bellicose

Postby ufjason » Sun May 05, 2013 11:27 am

I had no issue at my Lego store getting the B-wing. I was able to buy multiples on separate transactions to get additional Han figs. Spent some time looking for Mr. Gold with no luck. I got there before noon and the store didn't look any busier than it normally did.

Left there and went to TRU for the JEK 14 build where there was a huge line. First build I've ever been to and I was impressed.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby etcknight » Sun May 05, 2013 6:12 pm

Interestingly, I placed an order for NON-star wars sets at Shop@Home this afternoon, and the Han minifig and poster automatically added to the order since it was over $75. Think it's a glitch on the website. Will be interesting to see if they actually honor the promotion with the order or not.
etcknight

Postby Gooker1 » Mon May 06, 2013 7:57 am

etcknight wrote:Interestingly, I placed an order for NON-star wars sets at Shop@Home this afternoon, and the Han minifig and poster automatically added to the order since it was over $75. Think it's a glitch on the website. Will be interesting to see if they actually honor the promotion with the order or not.

They'll still send out the Han. It happens every year. ;)

Just wanted to say that the Glendale store was handled tremendously as the manager took precautions to avoid the mad rush that others might have experienced at other stores.

She saw the line that was forming in front and w/ about 20 mins to go, she went outside, gave everyone a post it, 3 per family was the max, so a family of 5 couldn't get 15. I was about the 20th person in line and was able to score the bwing. It sold out within 45 mins and everyone was cordial and friendly. No kid shoving, no crying, just all out great service.
Gooker1

Postby combattank » Mon May 06, 2013 8:21 am

ufjason wrote:Left there and went to TRU for the JEK 14 build where there was a huge line. First build I've ever been to and I was impressed.

At TRU, do they place age restrictions on their promotional builds? I was thinking about going to one, but I didn't want to drive all the way there only to be told that there was an age restriction. How do the builds work exactly, do they give you a poly bag set, or is there a bunch of legos on tables and you just build it there?
combattank

Postby onions » Mon May 06, 2013 8:57 am

it's gotten much better with each event and i think now they have a great system in place. There are these cardboard containers where elements are dumped into. you're given an instruction sheet that has a parts list. you go down along the table picking up that parts as you go. you also get a plastic baggy to put the parts and instructions inside. a much better system than they had before.

can't speak for the age restriction since i've always had my daughter with me but i don't think there is any.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby ufjason » Mon May 06, 2013 10:07 am

One person said it was for kids and then I went back for another look and the employee asked if I'd like to build. I was on the phone with my brother telling him about it but he was unable to leave. She let me get parts for three builds! I screwed up cause I was in a hurry and didn't get enough gray poles. Anyways, going to send the other two to my nephews this week. It's a neat little build and the more I thought on it, it's a great promotion to have for both TRU and Lego. They get the word out on a new TV show and get people into stores to find a nice promotion going on.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby Inzane » Mon May 06, 2013 11:20 am

madLEGOman wrote:With the exception of the b-wing, kinda disapointed with this sale. :/

Me too. Would've been nice if they'd offered a big discount on the UCS SSD as well, or even R2-D2. Both of those sets are older than the B-wing set.

I don't think I've seen S@H sale on the SSD yet. Am I right that there hasn't been one?
Inzane

Postby The_Chosen_1 » Mon May 06, 2013 1:25 pm

^ The SSD was 20% off last year in the U.S. I can't speak for Canada, though.
The_Chosen_1

Postby Alpha 40 » Mon May 06, 2013 1:26 pm

Inzane wrote:

Me too. Would've been nice if they'd offered a big discount on the UCS SSD as well, or even R2-D2. Both of those sets are older than the B-wing set.

I don't think I've seen S@H sale on the SSD yet. Am I right that there hasn't been one?

As far as I know S@H never discounted the SSD. I remember amazon had it for around $320 once but that's it. I was hoping for a sale on the SSD. I bought the B-wing around Christmas thinking that the SSD was bound to get a discount around may 4th. 6 months later and it's the other way around...
Alpha 40

Postby scandell » Mon May 06, 2013 3:47 pm

I bought the SSD from Target for $249 last year.
scandell

Postby Inzane » Mon May 06, 2013 4:04 pm

scandell wrote:I bought the SSD from Target for $249 last year.

What the... ? :shock:

Man, Canada sucks sometimes. We're only now slowly rolling out the Target stores in our country, and it's unknown to me whether our stores will carry the full range of product that the US stores have.

We can't get Lego on amazon.ca.

Shop@Home pricing differences.

etc. Grrr... >:(
Inzane

Postby popnfresh » Mon May 06, 2013 4:17 pm

Inzane wrote:
scandell wrote:I bought the SSD from Target for $249 last year.

What the... ? :shock:

yeah Target messed up and accidentally stacked a 20% with a 20% for a few hours and some of us got extra cheap SSDs
popnfresh

Postby Gingerbeard Man » Tue May 07, 2013 4:00 am

German S@H had the SSD down from EUR 399 to EUR 359 (maybe it was 349 or 369, don't remember exactly) on Friday and Saturday. Shame I don't have the free space to build that thing, let alone display it after.

Yesterday I got the shipping confirmation for 79004 The Hobbit Barrel Escape with "exclusive" Star Wars poster and Han Solo minifig. As Gooker1 mentioned, they mess up the "exclusive" part every year...
Gingerbeard Man

Postby emmtwosix » Wed May 08, 2013 8:56 pm

Just checked my email and had a message from Lego saying my order shipped yesterday and will be here tomorrow. This is probably the fastest I've ever received a shipment from Lego, and this included a B-wing, which was supposed to be on back-order until the 16th. Not complaining, just thought it was...odd (in a good way.) :)

Anyone else getting their May the 4th sale stuff delivered soon?
emmtwosix

Postby lowlead » Thu May 09, 2013 7:22 am

Yes! A minifig and a poster is coming my way - happy days :facepalm:

They 'ship whatever is available' even if it's just some freebie extra stuff you get with your order. Why bother in this case?
lowlead

Postby nyjpapi » Thu May 09, 2013 1:07 pm

emmtwosix wrote:Anyone else getting their May the 4th sale stuff delivered soon?

My May the 4th order shipped Tuesday and will be here tomorrow.
nyjpapi

PreviousNext

Return to Finds/Deals