Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Zellers Canada Buy 1 get 1 HALF-PRICE ALL* lego

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Zellers Canada Buy 1 get 1 HALF-PRICE ALL* lego

Postby legofactory » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:38 pm

Zellers is once again having their buy 1 get 1 half price* ALL lego promotions again. However, this time its only sets that are from $9.99-$39.99.

*of equal or lesser value

I say you purchase lego sets that are of equal value. This means you can save 25% off. If you buy lesser value, you save less. All Lego refers to all lego themes and sets including star wars. Sad how this site is now powerminers.

Starts this saturday April 4-April 10
legofactory

Re: Zellers Canada Buy 1 get 1 HALF-PRICE ALL* lego

Postby hatcher » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:20 pm

What's with the price restriction?
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who can understand binary, and those that can't.
"None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you, you are locked up in here with me!" - Rorshach, Watchmen.
hatcher

Postby sid » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:01 pm

I was pointing the restriction out to my significant other and she pointed out that Zellers can often be fairly casual with their BOGOs and often bend the rules so I am still hoping it applies to more sets.
sid

Postby Swoosh Factor » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:10 pm

I wouldn't count on it now. The discount used to be manually applied by the clerks at checkout (and I was frequently able to get the discount on the higher priced set by lining them up with the lower priced set first), but when they ran this last fall, both stores I bought from automatically applied the discount to the lowest priced set. My guess is that they'll have the registers programed to exclude sets outside the price range.
Swoosh Factor

Postby legofactory » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:23 pm

Yes i agree its a bit weird. However, I'm not sure if you can purchase a higher price set and get a half price discount in the $9.99-$39.99 range? Or you have to buy both at the $9.99-$39.99 range.
legofactory

Postby hatcher » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:16 am

I put in a call to my friend who works for Zellers to get an answer, so far he hasn't gotten back to me. When (and if he knows anything) I'll post it.

Best guess? People are on the new automatically applying the discount to the lower priced items you are buying, and are buying items two by two, so, if you buy two sets that are both $100, you end up paying $5O for one. By restricting the deal to the cheaper sets, they don't lose as much money. |

Of particular annoyance to me, my local Zellers is selling both the Darth Vader Tie Fighter and the Indiana Joens Shanghai chase at $42.99 instead of the MSRP of $39.99, thus excluding them from the sale. I have avoided buying them until now, just waiting for such a sale as this. Are these the prices for these items across Canada, or it this just a local screw job?
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who can understand binary, and those that can't.
"None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you, you are locked up in here with me!" - Rorshach, Watchmen.
hatcher

Postby Bertramtalespinner » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:28 am

Zellers seems to be doing the couple bucks more than MSRP now.
Bertramtalespinner

Postby ricefields » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:26 pm

I have been to two zellers (one in toronto east york and one in richmond hill) and they both have the vader tie fighter at 39.99 so it could vary by store. Only the shanghai chase was marked up to 42.99.

SW lego sets that were marked up at zellers included

hailfire droid 27.99 (by $1)
batllepacks 14.99 (by $2) (these were the only ones I bought today with the bogo special)
hyena bomber 28.99 (by $2)
aat tank 68.99 (by $4)

When all said and done on the battlepacks, I only saved $1.75 on each [(14.99+7.49)/2=$11.24] compared to the $12.99 msrp which was about 14% off instead of the expected 25% off if msrp was in effect! But I guess still better than no discount.
ricefields

Postby legofactory » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:23 pm

At my local Zellers. Here are their prices: Seems like its all across canada for their price with a few exceptions on certain stores.

However, You can actually argue with them. On their flier, it shows the darth vader's tie fighter as buy 1 get 1 half price although their restriction is $9.99-$39.99. So just bring the flier and show them the picture is in there as well.

Indiana jones Shanghai chase $42.99
Indiana jones river chase $27.99
Darth Vader's Tie fighter $42.99
Clone walker/assin droids pack $14.99
Hyena Droid Bomber $27.99
AAT $68.99
legofactory

Return to Finds/Deals