Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[USA] Walmart post-Christmas clearances

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

[USA] Walmart post-Christmas clearances

Postby JamesBenjamin » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:53 am

As always, YMMV with walmart, but since they tend to have the same lines on clearance in every store (albeit at different prices) I figure we can post what we found so others can use the info in their hunting.

At one WM near me (Manassas Mall, VA) the only thing on clearance was some older lego Heroica stuff (a $30 set for $16.50) and the tiny friends pool set (reg $6, clearance for $4).

At another store (Chantilly, VA) they had all their Lego in the regular aisle, unmarked. Dino was 50% off (I got 2 Triceratops for $25 each, and one of the $30 raptor set for $15). I also found Creator Seaside house for $35 (about 30% off). They also had one of the $25 battle droid set from last year for $12.50, but I passed (and a kid grabbed it just after me). And the $30 recycle truck was $15.

So there you go. Feel free to post what you guys find, it looks like Dino should be clearanced everywhere, and maybe some of last years SW sets. Remember to scan everything, and look in Toys and their clearance aisles.

Happy hunting!
We are such stuff as manure is made of, so let's drink up and forget it... -Eugiene O'Neill
JamesBenjamin

Re: [USA] Walmart post-Christmas clearances

Postby JamesBenjamin » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:20 am

Ah, forgot to add: at the first WM store I also found minifig series 8 for $1. They had about 30, I just bought them all without feeling 'em.
We are such stuff as manure is made of, so let's drink up and forget it... -Eugiene O'Neill
JamesBenjamin

Postby legoloco » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:11 pm

Just checked a walmart during my lunch break (Chicago area). They didn't have a clearance toy aisle that I could see and their standard clearance aisle (that you would find any time of the year) didn't look like it was being stocked with post-christmas stuff yet.

Found (1) copy of 7957 Sith Nightspeeder for $12.00 and about (9) copies of the SW advent calendar for $24.50 each. I didn't scan anything else or notice anything else on clearance, I found these items in the regular toy aisle.

I think I'll check two other walmarts on the way home tonight.
legoloco

Postby seaotter71 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:16 pm

I hit a few San Jose, California targets and wal-marts and it was pretty bare. Mostly SW advent calendars at target, I found one ambulance for 14 ($6 off), and saw a dump truck for 34. The wal Mart in gilroy had the Kai Blade cycle for $7!!!!! Haven't seen those in a while, much less half off. The lego store in Santa Clara only had magnets, books and a little friends set on sale. Wal-mart online has a bundle sale, one including bags end. For $77 you get bags end and the 4 books.
seaotter71

Postby kibosh » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:55 pm

Was able to snag some deals at my WM. Got the dump truck for $17, and all the polybags were $1.50. Cleaned out the MTTs. And there was a single S8 CMF for $1.
Check out my daily Lego picture at alegoaday.com.
kibosh

Postby legoloco » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:49 am

Stopped by two more walmarts on the way home. The first had absolutely no lego on their small clearance setup and the regular aisle had very little in the way of newer regular priced sets out, very picked over.

The second location had one 7915 V-Wing for $9.50 and a few 8092 Luke's Landspeeders for $12.00, I bought them all.
legoloco

Postby Eternia Burning » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:16 am

I live in a small town in KY. The local Walmart had a decent clearance selection last night. Among the highlights: LotR Mines of Moria for $54, Monster Fighters Ghost Train for $54, and Avengers Quinjet for $49. I grabbed the only Mines, might get the others later. Going to check a few more stores today.
Eternia Burning

Postby emmtwosix » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:30 am

Seems like everyone did a lot better job of getting rid of inventory BEFORE Christmas this year, so there wasn't as much in clearance. However, I did find a bunch of 6860 - The Batcave sets (don't remember the price, maybe $50?), 6869 - Quinjet Aerial Battle sets for $50, and three 9467 - The Ghost Train sets for $54 (got one, I love me some Monster Fighters :) )
emmtwosix

Postby Tar » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:31 am

The one in Severn, md was cleaned out cept for polybags. I grabbed about ten various ones but there should still be lots left. No CMFs that I could find.
Tar

Postby Sarge » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:45 pm

Republic Frigate 49.97
Sarge

Postby Mofo Jones » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:28 pm

Sarge wrote:Republic Frigate 49.97

I'd pick one up at that price, even though I prefer the 7665 Republic Cruiser version of the ship.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby ufjason » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:34 pm

Awesome clearances at WM. Picked up lots of 50% off sets, republic frigate for $50, harbor for $25, MF for $80 and the piece de resistance: SSD for $200 in store.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby Eternia Burning » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:23 pm

I hit a few more WM stores in my area. Several didn't have any clearance that I could find, and I didn't see a whole lot at the other stores. But I did find the LotR Attack on Weathertop for $40 at one store, and picked that up.
Eternia Burning

Postby kibosh » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:04 am

I was able to snag a couple of recycler trucks for $14.50 each. Left several there. They had at least a dozen $40 Weathertops, too.
kibosh

Postby etcknight » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:21 am

Sounds like Walmart is the place to go this season. The Targets in my area are pretty picked over and mostly only Sith Infiltrators at 30% off. Did manage to find a Sort and Store head at one Target for $17.50 - couldn't resist picking that up. To quote myself last year - "getting harder and harder to find good Lego deals." Too many soccer moms and growing popularity of Legos.
etcknight

Postby kibosh » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:58 am

"getting harder and harder to find good Lego deals."

Ain't that the truth!
kibosh

Postby Qzak » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:57 pm

etcknight wrote: To quote myself last year - "getting harder and harder to find good Lego deals." Too many soccer moms and growing popularity of Legos.

During the Summer clearances, they're in there with 2 carts piled over their heads and on their cellphones calling in reinforcements. Wenches have no patience to let anything hit 75% off, it's all gone at 30%.
Qzak

Postby Mandalorian Candidat » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:49 pm

LOTR Gandalf/Frodo set for $9 in FL Wally.
Mandalorian Candidat

Postby etcknight » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:05 pm

Qzak wrote:Wenches have no patience to let anything hit 75% off, it's all gone at 30%.

This comment made me crack-up laughing. :lol:

Walmart's in my area only 30% off. Debated getting LOTR Weathertop - but decided to hope for 50% off later. :S
etcknight

Postby Eternia Burning » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:17 pm

Picked up the Helms Deep set for $97 at Meijer. I know it's not a huge deal, considering the low prices Amazon has had for the set. But I've hit at least 10 Walmarts, several Targets and Meijers this week, and I only saw that set once, when I bought it.
Eternia Burning

Next

Return to Finds/Deals