Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

TRU [USA] Buy 2 get one free sale

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

TRU [USA] Buy 2 get one free sale

Postby JamesBenjamin » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:25 am

Finally some good deals! Only excluding Friends, Ninjago and Technic, and many sets (at least all the ones I glanced at) appear to be at Lego list prices!

Confirmed to work with Star Wars. I was able to order 3 Jabba's Palaces for $240 + tax.
We are such stuff as manure is made of, so let's drink up and forget it... -Eugiene O'Neill
JamesBenjamin

Re: TRU [USA] Buy 2 get one free sale

Postby DarthBuilder » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:38 am

Works on mixed sets, with the cheapest set being free. Offer doesn't repeat so if you add 6 items to your cart two items will not be free.

EDIT: Not many OT sets out right now that I dont have or have multiples of already. Being an OT fan, as much as I would have liked to have picked up three different sets. I stuck with OT and grabbed a Millenium Falcon and two Jabba's Palaces to take advantage of the deal.
Last edited by DarthBuilder on Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
DarthBuilder

Postby ufjason » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:35 am

Hmmm, death star and super star destroyer don't qualify for the sale. I call BS! Calling up customer service.

On another note, retail pricing is still in effect on the sets so the b2g1 free is a sweet deal with free shipping (up to $20). There are some good combinations where you can get three different sets at the same price to maximize the savings. Some sets have a limit of 2, 3 and 6 so you could get 3 jabba's palace.

Hoth Echo Base, Palpatine's Arrest and Sith Fury Class Interceptor all for $89.99 each
Desert Skiff, Sith Nightspeeder, Ewok Attack, Battle of Naboo for $24.99 each
V-wing, Genosian Cannon, Droid Escape for $19.99
Jabba's Palace, Malevolence, Millennium Falcon 119.99-125.99
Most of the battle packs are 12.99

Still on hold with customer service, trying to get a star destroyer and two death stars.

Post edit:

45 minutes later on the phone, SUCCESS! They had to place the order for all three at full price and then credit me the free set/tax afterwards but it worked. If you don't mind waiting on the phone, you can place an order for 1 super star destroyer and 2 death stars. Wish I could have gotten three death stars but the site limits apply to phone orders as well.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby shoggoth666 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:04 am

Well that didn't last long. Prices jacked up again. TRU won't be getting any of my lego funds.
shoggoth666

Postby SDIronClaw » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:57 am

shoggoth666 wrote:Well that didn't last long. Prices jacked up again. TRU won't be getting any of my lego funds.

Dang, glad I ordered when I did then. Picked up 3 TIE Fighters....wish I would have had the money for 3 Death Stars.
"I find your lack of Lego disturbing."
SDIronClaw

Postby deco_droid » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:10 pm

I guess I need to start getting up earlier on the weekends. And wow, a free Death Star? You rule, man...
deco_droid

Return to Finds/Deals