Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

TRU [USA] Toys R Us is now price matching "everything"

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Re: TRU [USA] Toys R Us is now price matching "everything"

Postby Mister Ed » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:40 pm

Wow, didn't realize it was that lame. My only experiences with reward certificates (for other things besides TRU, obviously) have had either no expirations, or ones that were really far out there.
Mister Ed

Postby MicroJow » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:53 pm

There's a chance he's telling the honest truth, but just leaving out the details. For instance, I can honestly say that I bought three Lego sets at TRU this evening at just under 87% off. I can also honestly say that I bought those three sets for only $1.50. How? Details:

The three 'sets' were minifigures. I had a coupon for $5.00 off your purchase and currently, all Lego at TRU is buy 2, get one free.

3 minifigures at $3.19 each plus tax equals $11.48.

But after applying the buy 2 get one free and the coupon, my total was $1.50, which is a savings between 86 and 87 percent.

So unless he elaborates, we'll never know.

- MJ
MicroJow

Postby Tomahawker » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:03 am

MicroJow wrote:3 minifigures at $3.19 each plus tax equals $11.48.
- MJ

I get your point, but unless your sales tax rate is 20%, there is an error in your math.
Tomahawker

Postby Gooker1 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:26 am

Tomahawker wrote:
MicroJow wrote:3 minifigures at $3.19 each plus tax equals $11.48.
- MJ

I get your point, but unless your sales tax rate is 20%, there is an error in your math.

I think MJ might have meant $3.49 per minifigure...b/c if that's the case, his math is darn near spot on. Possibly a typo.

I do like how MJ proved DD's point...for minfigures. :) Tough to do on a big set/purchase like Onions mentioned.

I purchased two planets and the 12.99 Monsterfighter set and used the $5 coupon...that's more than 30% off each set, but TRU still sucks. :)
Gooker1

Postby MicroJow » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:10 am

Nah, I screwed up the math. Not sure how I calculated 20% tax. That's why I'm not an accountant. If you want an excuse, it was late, I'm sick, the baby is sick, I was young, I needed the money.

XD

- MJ
MicroJow

Postby Gooker1 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:43 pm

MicroJow wrote:Nah, I screwed up the math. Not sure how I calculated 20% tax. That's why I'm not an accountant. If you want an excuse, it was late, I'm sick, the baby is sick, I was young, I needed the money.

XD

- MJ

I gave you an excuse at $3.49!! :)
Gooker1

Postby Qzak » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:07 pm

Asked about price matching at the local TRU here and was told it was only for certain products. When I asked which, I was told just baby products. Really screwed up my plans for taking advantage of the BOGO.
Qzak

Postby ThinkingImpaired » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:05 am

You guys can complain about TRU and their prices all you want (they are expensive), just don't shop there. That's the free market....it's a beautiful thing.

At this point that's probably the only way TRU can stay in business, as I'm sure they are not getting the scale of demand that they did in the 90's with Walmart, Target, Amazon, Lego Stores, etc all increasing market share the past decade.
Don't you waste away, for tomorrow will soon be today
ThinkingImpaired

Postby Gooker1 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:13 pm

Qzak wrote:Asked about price matching at the local TRU here and was told it was only for certain products. When I asked which, I was told just baby products. Really screwed up my plans for taking advantage of the BOGO.

Did you go to the LA store on La Cienega? haha
Gooker1

Postby SirBasilAshton » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:24 am

SirBasilAshton

Previous

Return to Finds/Deals