Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Free LEGO Lord of the Rings Project Case, Buildable Batman, Captain America Shields

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Free LEGO Lord of the Rings Project Case, Buildable Batman, Captain America Shields

Postby Staff » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:49 pm

LEGO Lord of the Rings Project Case

Toys'R'Us seems to be the place to be this week. First up they are offering a free LEGO Lord of the Rings "Project case" with any LEGO construction set or board game purchase of $60 or more. You may be tempted to try and pick up some LOTR sets to go along with the case, but be warned that their markup is atrociously high, even by their standards. Case in point: the MSRP on 9472 Attack on Weathertop is $59.99 (Amazon); TRU's asking price is $79.99, a full $20 more. If you're not interested in trying to do math and figure out what sets to purchase to get the case for free, you may be able to just buy it outright for $13.99.

They are also offering a free Aragorn poster with any LEGO LOTR purchase, but the markup doesn't make it worth it. A $20 markup for a $5 poster? I've seen better deals on fake bridges.

And finally, this Saturday June 16th from 2-4pm, Toys'R'Us stores are hosting a LEGO build event where you can build a Batman and/or a Captain America Superman shield and then take it home with you. Hopefully it will run much more smoothly this time around than it did for the Cars 2 build event. If anyone finds any pictures of what they might look like, please add it to the forum thread.

Update: forum member ufjason provided us with the following image:

I stand corrected: it's Batman and Superman, and not Captain America like I originally thought. I have no idea where I got Captain America from. Maybe I saw the word "shield" and switched out Superman's name since, you know, he doesn't use a shield. Why couldn't they use the "symbol" or "logo"? Anyways, thanks ufjason!
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/06/13/free-lego-lord-of-the-rings-project-case-buildable-batman-captain-america-shields/
Staff

Re: Free LEGO Lord of the Rings Project Case, Buildable Batm

Postby GIR3691 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:04 pm

My weekly flier showed Batman and Superman mosaics, looking to be plate-built on a 16x16 baseplate.

Wish I could get a set, but the fine print says one per "child and supervising adult."
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby ufjason » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:46 pm

Ask and you shall receive.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby onions » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:03 am

I have no idea where i got captain america from.....

gonna go down to my local store. i like the way the superman one turned out.

thanks. the post has been updated.
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby GIR3691 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:18 am

I want these so bad. They're entirely made up of 1x1 plates. *drool*
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby onions » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:06 am

that batman looks terrible. i guess it's the best that could have been done given the limitations.
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby Gooker1 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:08 am

onions wrote:that batman looks terrible. i guess it's the best that could have been done given the limitations.

Totally agree, but that Superman one looks nice!! I don't have any kids though! D'oh!
Gooker1

Postby Classicsmiley » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:49 am

I'm glad I saw this in time! My boys all really like making mosaics, so this should be a lot of fun.
It looks like they are standard 1x1 brick mosaics.
Classicsmiley

Postby Coret » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:51 pm

Great event, locally in the Metro Detroit area we had a great time. My 3 boys built these made out of 1x1 bricks on a 16x16 white plate. They look good for what they are and were free....can't beat free. Didn't see this advertised much and mostly only found out because of this site. Thanks for watching out for us.
Coret

Return to Finds/Deals