Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Shop@Home's May the 4th Sale

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Re: LEGO Shop@Home's May the 4th Sale

Postby Joedward » Sat May 05, 2012 1:38 am

Was so incredibly tempted by the SSD. So very, very tempted. By R2 as well. But heck, 20% off the Imperial Shuttle? I shall take that thankyouverymuch. I'll wait for R2 until BrickCon and hope the SSD sees a similar drop next year.
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby ufjason » Sat May 05, 2012 5:09 am

Can you use the 10% off coupon from the lego catalogs in store on the sale items?
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby Coret » Sat May 05, 2012 5:52 am

No you can't use the coupon for the Lego sets for sale items. Lego is very particular on not letting many things combine. About the only time I see anything stack with Lego is on Black Friday with their sales and the additional savings card.
Coret

Postby ufjason » Sat May 05, 2012 6:18 am

Of course. Oh well, I guess I'm passing on TC-14. The sale was on the pathetic side. I'd rather buy the TC-14 from someone and get the 50-75% discounts at other stores.

edit: I can't believe the morons that bid these up on eBay. Why would you spend over $25 dollars on an item that people get for free. At some point, the premium they pay for the figure would be better spent on product plus the figure that's available right now! The stupidity of your average eBay buyer never ceases to amaze me.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby warpug » Sat May 05, 2012 8:08 am

SSD back up to $399 on shop.lego.com? I thought the sale was from the 4th to 5th... I was ready to pull the trigger too...
warpug

Postby GIR3691 » Sat May 05, 2012 8:50 am

ufjason wrote:edit: I can't believe the morons that bid these up on eBay. Why would you spend over $25 dollars on an item that people get for free. At some point, the premium they pay for the figure would be better spent on product plus the figure that's available right now! The stupidity of your average eBay buyer never ceases to amaze me.

$25 for the minifigure is cheaper than $75 for stuff you might not want or can't afford just to get it. Value is in the eye of the beholder.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby GIR3691 » Sat May 05, 2012 10:07 am

I got the R2D2 poster. Limited Edition 21,773 of 48,480!
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby SWfanforever » Sat May 05, 2012 2:51 pm

Well, I purchased the SSD. I want to thank this site for advertising the sale. I probably would have missed it otherwise. Can't believe the SSD was discounted that far. it was a much better price. Looks to be a great set ay at great price. So glad I got this one.
SWfanforever

Postby mrfootball » Sat May 05, 2012 3:15 pm

Me too. Glad I picked up the SSD yesterday, I expected them to have it on sale both days.
mrfootball

Previous

Return to Finds/Deals