Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[CAN MBOCLH] Walmart SW lego price drop

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Re: [CAN MBOCLH] Walmart SW lego price drop

Postby Septemris » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:02 am

Malwarts in Quebec are still at the ridiculous 54,99$ price.
There are at least 20 of these sets per store I visit.

I still stumble upon the droid gunships if anyone is looking for one.
© Bernard
Septemris

Postby Blacknight » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:52 am

As of last Friday Kitchener Ontario Walmart is still $54.99 too. Boxes of them lying around!
Blacknight

Postby Ara » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:25 am

Avoid Walmart Supercentre at Eglinton and Warden. No Lego Rollbacks there. Everything is full price. :'(
Ara

Postby Ara » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:08 pm

legofactory wrote:And i noticed my wal-marts pretty much only have Star wars, indiana jones and bionicle. Really weird. Very very little (barley any) city and other theme sets. I bet they dont' get any of those because they dont' sell as well and tahts probably how LEGO and wal-mart had on their agreement i think.

I saw some City sets at Wally's today. Mostly Construction.
Ara

Postby meeotch » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:34 pm

Okay, I can take this no longer. What does MBOCLH mean?
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby onions » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:47 pm

merry band of canadian lego hunters

it's a carry over from the old forums where they had a canada specific thread on sales and deals.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Aharown » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:58 pm

My closest Walmart in Orangeville has quite a bit of City, tons of Pirates, and some Power Miners , lots of Bionicle, mini-racers etc... The pirate ship and Soldier's Fort were $20 off a couple of weeks ago, but are now back up to full price. (There's lots left though - both on the shelves and up top, so I expect a clearance on Pirates)

There's quite a few Magnaguard fighters and V-19's left, as well as Pod-Walkers and The Rogue Shadow. AAT's seem to be good sellers, and the battle packs are always entirely cleaned out every time I visit.

On my last visit the associate working in the toy department was adding some Front-end loaders from the city line. Ahsoka's fighter was down to $44.99, and the associate mentioned that they weren't selling well and that they had 130 to get rid of!

I smell a clearance... :lol:
<><
Aharown

Postby Ara » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:02 pm

That's because Ahsoka's Fighter is currently overpriced IMO. It only has 291 pieces. >:(
Ara

Postby ricefields » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:48 pm

Ara wrote:That's because Ahsoka's Fighter is currently overpriced IMO. It only has 291 pieces. >:(

It should have been $29.99usd at most considering its more than 7256 (202 pieces/2 minifgs) or similar to 7660 (280 pieces, 2 unique minifigs, plus r2) except you get a new droid and unique dark red printed pieces and a new blue vulture droid; thus, legitimately driving up the price from $19.99usd to $29.99usd (relative to 7256) but not to $39.99usd. If ahsoka was unique to this set and not found in at te or twilight, I could see it being justified at $39.99usd.
ricefields

Postby legofactory » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:23 pm

Ara wrote:That's because Ahsoka's Fighter is currently overpriced IMO. It only has 291 pieces.

Ya, this set really is overpriced. If you compare this set with Anakin's Fighter, its only $26.99. For the ahsoka starfighter, you pay $28 more and all you get is an extra blue vulture droid. Or if you want to compare it this way, compare this set with the 7660 naboo starfighter. It has a fighter and a vulture droid and 3 minifigures for only $39.99 and has almost the same amount of pieces as the ahsoka starfighter. The key elements that really make this set "limited edition" is really the 2 mini buzz droids and R7-A7.

Also, its not selling as well because economy is not doing so good these days. Vice versa, even though the separatist spider droid is over priced as well, people still buy it because its still cheaper and a bit more affordable although they still get rip-off. If you have ever noticed... people tend to buy smaller cheaper LEGO sets for their kids. Thats why we rarely see clone wars battle packs lying around. If your lucky, you may find some assasin droid battle pack or very rarely clone walker battle pack.

I only saw clone walker battle packs once in a retail store ever since they came out in January. And that time, it was at Zellers. They had just stocked up their LEGO section and they only received 5 clone battle packs and 10 assasin droids battle pack. And I purchased all 5 clone battle packs there ^^
legofactory

Postby RogueJedi007 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:19 pm

I also found Ahsoka's Starfighter today for $45 in Walmart and there still were a ton of them. Hang on MBOCLH and they should continue to drop in price!
=========================================================================
We are keepers of the peace, not soldiers.
=========================================================================
RogueJedi007

Previous

Return to Finds/Deals