Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Star Wars January 2012 Now Up for Preorder, Free Poster

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

LEGO Star Wars January 2012 Now Up for Preorder, Free Poster

Postby Staff » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:46 am

Happy New Year, folks!

LEGO Shop@Home put up the January 2012 assortment of LEGO Star Wars for preorder. Delivery is to be expected on or around January 30. It should be noted that 9494 Anakin's Jedi Interceptor and 9495 Gold Leader's Y-Wing Starfighter are marked as "Hard to Find" meaning they are retailer exclusives. No word yet as to which retailer they will be exclusive to yet. All preorders will come with an exclusive LEGO Star Wars poster. No minimum order indicated and no image of what the poster looks like but if I had to guess, it's going to be a poster showcasing all the LEGO Star Wars minifigs for 2012.

Is it sad that I'm no longer fazed by the high prices and low piece counts? Such as the TIE Fighter set, priced at $54.99 but has less pieces than Gold Leader's Y-wing? Eh.

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/01/01/lego-star-wars-january-2012-now-up-for-preorder-free-poster/
Staff

Re: LEGO Star Wars January 2012 Now Up for Preorder, Free Po

Postby b4p » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:04 pm

i just preordered that little death star; finally
b4p

Postby etcknight » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:08 pm

I think there's a picture of the poster on the new 2012 catalog, or was it the Late 2011 Holiday catalog?

I'm interested in the poster, but the lack of free shipping is a little disappointing. :'(
etcknight

Postby Telorc » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:35 pm

where can i get the lego catalog?

**edit**

disregard figured it out !
Telorc

Postby Blacknight » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:26 pm

Meh, with Canadian prices the way they are, it simply doesn't make sense to pay full retail price PLUS shipping for these sets just to get a poster.
Blacknight

Postby Mofo Jones » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:28 pm

The poster is pictured on page 49 of the January 2012 S@H catalog...at least it's page 49 of the USA version.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby Graf » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:45 pm

In the UK, Argos are selling some of the new sets already (I picked up the new x-wing yesterday)
Graf

Postby AbstractedIdeal » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:21 pm

Mofo Jones wrote:The poster is pictured on page 49 of the January 2012 S@H catalog...at least it's page 49 of the USA version.

Bit hard to tell from these screenshot of the digital version, but the figs appear to be...

C-3PO, Princess Leia, Commander Gree, Luke Skywalker, R5-F7
Obi Wan Kenobi, ARC Trooper, R2-D2, Bariss Offee, Jek Porkins
Endor Rebel, Dutch Vander, Endor Rebel, ARF Trooper, R5-D8
Anakin Skywalker, Nute Gunray, Security Battle Droid, Commando Droid, Geonosian Warrior
Geonosian Zombie, Sandtrooper (white), Sandtrooper (orange), Scout Trooper, Stormtrooper
Imperial Officer, TIE Fighter Pilot, Death Star Trooper, R5-J2
AbstractedIdeal

Postby eriochrome » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:50 pm

The Tie fighters higher price might be from the large plates compared to all the little bits inflating the Y-wing part count. Not that I am for the prices. While I like that they went pretty OT heavy this round, I have the most recent Y-wing which has a more accurate cockpit, and the recent X-Wing so both of those are probably not buys as long as my daughter does not notice the Princess Leia in the Y-wing.
eriochrome

Postby Darth Jokar » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:50 pm

wow sets look great but them prices are kinda scary. They not even offering free shipping. I'll wait for walmart or target to get them.
Get on your knee's and tell me you love me...
Darth Jokar

Postby alldarker » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:26 am

For those in Europe: these sets became available on S@H yesterday and were directly marked as 'Available now'. In fact, my order of the five new OT sets already shipped this morning! Pricing is awful, as usual, but oh well, I had a New Year's bonus (savvy release tactics by Lego, of course).

Still no Superheroes sets, though (although they are in stock in European brick & mortar Lego stores).
alldarker

Postby Sharpie Clone » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:20 am

eriochrome wrote:The Tie fighters higher price might be from the large plates compared to all the little bits inflating the Y-wing part count. Not that I am for the prices. While I like that they went pretty OT heavy this round, I have the most recent Y-wing which has a more accurate cockpit, and the recent X-Wing so both of those are probably not buys as long as my daughter does not notice the Princess Leia in the Y-wing.

I think it is because so many of the previous Tie Fighters have been... how should I say?... lacking in quality, they know that since this one is decent, people will still buy it.
Sharpie Clone

Postby MrCRskater » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:43 pm

Anyone found these in their B&M stores yet? I guess I figured that these would be available, ready for shipping on Jan 1. I was bummed to find that the closest LEGO store only had the 2011 stuff.
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby Mandalorian Candidat » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:46 am

MrCRskater wrote:Anyone found these in their B&M stores yet? I guess I figured that these would be available, ready for shipping on Jan 1. I was bummed to find that the closest LEGO store only had the 2011 stuff.

Aren't they coming out to coincide with the EP1 3D release next month?
Mandalorian Candidat

Postby Mofo Jones » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:34 am

I'd heard end of January...but since Hasbro has apparently relaxed the street date for the 2012 items, other manufacturers may follow suit.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby cas » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:06 am

I find it funny that these are part of the Episode I merchandising push, yet only have one a couple of mini sets representing that movie. I'm not complaining, though. I'll save my complaining if it turns out the TIE Fighter's wings are wobbly.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby Mofo Jones » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:28 pm

Yeah, but the Podracers, Naboo Fighter, Sith Infiltrator and the Battle of Naboo are all still available. They won't have the "Maul" packaging look, but they represent Episode I well enough.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby cas » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:02 pm

'Tis true there are Episode I sets available, and the Gungan sub in the summer, just nothing fresh until then. I'm sure Episode I will also provide a small boost in sales for those sets. I guess what surprises me the most is the focus on the Original Trilogy with this newest wave. Although, it does give Star Wars-minded consumers an alternative to prequel merch by focusing on classic vehicles.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby Mofo Jones » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:03 pm

True....you'd think they might have had the OT sets out last summer and the Episode I sets out now. Of course, don't forget about the Queen Amidala mockup they had at Comic-Con...probably means we're getting a set with her fairly soon.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby winbrant » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:51 pm

I placed a pre-order this morning and an e-mail came in that these posters were "out of stock and it will be a little longer before we can ship them to you". Interestingly there were 3 posters were attached to this update. :O

Then the order confirmation by e-mail came in...with 3 posters attached to the order. :shock:

I had thought that it was one poster per order...as opposed to one per item. I can see them easily being out of stock if they had attached a poster for each item ordered. Re-reading this is does indeed sound like it is PER SET...cool!

Anyone else see this?

And then 2hrs later got an e-mail with this pre-order offer of a poster..LOL!

UPDATE: Received response from customer service saying this an automatically generated e-mail as they had not received posters from printers yet...so out-of-stock.
winbrant

Next

Return to Finds/Deals