Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[CAN] Toys R Us week 3, 4, and 5 sales!

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

[CAN] Toys R Us week 3, 4, and 5 sales!

Postby iPodwithnomusic » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:12 am

Right now on the Canadian Toys R Us' website, they are showing the lego sales they will be offering for the rest of October. You can check it out yourself or just look at the pictures attached:

http://www.toysrus.ca/category/index.js ... abled=true

No lego star wars sales :(
iPodwithnomusic

Re: [CAN] Toys R Us week 3, 4, and 5 sales!

Postby hatcher » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:04 am

The sale for this week (week 2) IS NOT as listed there. The flier says buy 1 get 15% off, buy 2, get 20% off, and buy 3 and get 25% on those 3 lines (Kingdoms, Atlantis and City) with $35 purchase. Still get the lighthouse and magnet sets with $35 purchase.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who can understand binary, and those that can't.
"None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you, you are locked up in here with me!" - Rorshach, Watchmen.
hatcher

Postby iPodwithnomusic » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:01 pm

hatcher wrote:The sale for this week (week 2) IS NOT as listed there. The flier says buy 1 get 15% off, buy 2, get 20% off, and buy 3 and get 25% on those 3 lines (Kingdoms, Atlantis and City) with $35 purchase. Still get the lighthouse and magnet sets with $35 purchase.

Considering I posted this a few days before the sales were announced, I had the three correct themes, the bonus creator lighthouse I'm sure you didn't know about, and I said 20% instead of 15%, 20%, and 25%, I'd say I was pretty accurate, so calm down. If a 5% difference is really that big for a few days extra notice, then sorry. I'd say it at the very least gave a good idea of the sale was going to be. It even said on what I posted "buy more and save"
iPodwithnomusic

Postby buriedbybricks » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:38 pm

No need to get upset ipod, he was simply stating the truth of the matter. The problem with posting sales well in advance is that they are always subject to change in Canada. If you read any of those three banners the wording is not very clear as to what the deals are. Last week said Cars was 20% when it was actually 30% and 10% extra is a big deal IMO. I'm not sure who makes the adds on the Toys R Us site, but they are often misleading and it's best to actually look around and see what's what. That's why I tend to wait until the day the deal starts to confirm and provide proper linkage.
Don't let someone else throwing in an update bother you!

This Canuck is out! PEACE!
buriedbybricks

Postby hatcher » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:45 pm

iPodwithnomusic wrote:
hatcher wrote:The sale for this week (week 2) IS NOT as listed there. The flier says buy 1 get 15% off, buy 2, get 20% off, and buy 3 and get 25% on those 3 lines (Kingdoms, Atlantis and City) with $35 purchase. Still get the lighthouse and magnet sets with $35 purchase.

Considering I posted this a few days before the sales were announced, I had the three correct themes, the bonus creator lighthouse I'm sure you didn't know about, and I said 20% instead of 15%, 20%, and 25%, I'd say I was pretty accurate, so calm down. If a 5% difference is really that big for a few days extra notice, then sorry. I'd say it at the very least gave a good idea of the sale was going to be. It even said on what I posted "buy more and save"

Calm down? :lol: I think you've mixed up which of us is not calm. You posted the sale as it was originally reported, but then TRU changed it, so I reported the change in my post. I am sorry if my wording came across as an attack on you or something. It was never intended as an attack or anything like that. I was just doing my best to keep members of the community informed. Sorry I offended.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who can understand binary, and those that can't.
"None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you, you are locked up in here with me!" - Rorshach, Watchmen.
hatcher

Postby iPodwithnomusic » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:56 pm

Calm down? :lol: I think you've mixed up which of us is not calm. You posted the sale as it was originally reported, but then TRU changed it, so I reported the change in my post. I am sorry if my wording came across as an attack on you or something. It was never intended as an attack or anything like that. I was just doing my best to keep members of the community informed. Sorry I offended.

Oh OK sorry :D guess I misread it then
iPodwithnomusic

Return to Finds/Deals