Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Walmart* Clearance - YMMV

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Re: Walmart* Clearance - YMMV

Postby legomason » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:24 pm

Spotted in the wild today at one location:

2x Flo's V8 Cafe: $30
2x Large Mater: $15
6x Alien Conquest Alien Defender: $7
4x Alien Conquest Alien Abduction: $21
40x Freeing Dobby: $5.40
30x Star Wars watches (various): $7
legomason

Postby Tyrant » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:05 pm

I've still got a few things laying around in the Wal Marts near me and a few random sets have popped up over the last week or so that I did not see previously. I found a Ninjago Ice Dragon ($7.50) and a Scorpion Pyramid ($50.00) at one Wal Mart, a stack of Hoth Rebel Troop Builder sets at a second Wal Mart, and a stack of Blacksmith Attacks at a third Wal Mart last week that weren't there the week before. One near me has some PotC sets on clearance and they were at 25% off last weekend but they were 50% off yesterday so I picked a couple up. If the prices drop again tomorrow I will pick up a few more. There were also some random sets like the Creator Robot for $9, the most recent small Police Helicopter for $5, and the Alien Conquest Mothership for $30. I wish the tripods were on clearance here so I could buy a few of them to have a Mars Attacks! kind of set up.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
-The Sith Code
Bricklink Store
Tyrant

Postby JamesBenjamin » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:44 am

Went by 3 WMs on the way in to work this morning. 2 had clearances running, the other had TONS of stock of "clearanceable" items but nothing was marked down, and they wouldn't match the other stores.

What I found:
ultimate mater for $10 at one store (bought 2) and $15 at the other
Creator cabin for $15 (bought 2)
Lighthouse for $30 (at both that had it - bought 1)
The $90 pod racer set for $45 (it was only on clearance at one store, the other had 1 for full price, the non-clearance store had 8 full price).

And alien conquest is apparently on clearance everywhere:

$10 set for $7
$20 alien walker set for $13
$30 set with farmer (i think?) was $21
$60 mothership was $30

I picked up one of each of the alien sets. The non-clearance store wouldn't match the other's prices (or I would have bought 2 more walkers) but they had a TON of stuff, so I'm sure this store's just slow.
We are such stuff as manure is made of, so let's drink up and forget it... -Eugiene O'Neill
JamesBenjamin

Postby UOldPirate » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:27 pm

I just returned from my local WM and also saw the Alien Conquest markdowns. All AC was marked down 50%, along with a bunch of the POTC sets and the remaining Cars, Harry Potter and Atlantis sets. I didn't see anything discounted more than half off, but I did score 2 T-6 Jedi shuttles and a 7748 Tank Droid that they must have pulled out of the archives all at 50% off.

They still have the Series 5 minifigs and the Black Pearl in the clearance section but they are holding at $2.97 and $75 respectively.
UOldPirate

Postby cas » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:35 pm

UOldPirate wrote:7748 Tank Droid

I found a 8016 Hyena Droid at one of the stores I stopped at today. Wonder what else they've got stored away in their cracks and crevasses.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby markerpk » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:15 pm

I finally found some more clearance at my local super wally. One lonely AC Alien Defender in a beat up box for 5.00 and about 30-40 of the AC Alien Striker sets (still in the Lego display box!) for 2.40 each, I picked up the striker and four defenders to boost my aliens and defenders. I also found a few t-6 shuttles at 30 each, I grabbed one for the pieces and figs. I think that the normal walmarts are sending their stuff to the super wallys for this round. All the POTC and AC stuff I saw at the same walmarts yesterday at msrp was completely gone. The super wally had just finished their markdowns but hadn't tagged some things yet, so I had to scan for the prices to show up. Gonna start checkin the super daily cause the guy doing the markdowns said they are now just waiting for more shipments to put on clearance. Hoping to find some more AC ans POTC stuff in the coming days, maybe even some new markdowns on SW stuff. Anyway, I'd recommend to keep checking throughout the week, especially at the super wallys, as it appears that they are now shuffling inventory from store to store and you never know what they may get in this week. Be sure to check the surrounding endcaps too and scan anything you are interested in, as it may just not have been tagged yet. Oh, and all four wallys finally had red ballons out around the store for the Red Balloon sale that supposedly started yesterday!
markerpk

Postby UOldPirate » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:02 pm

cas wrote:
UOldPirate wrote:7748 Tank Droid

I found a 8016 Hyena Droid at one of the stores I stopped at today. Wonder what else they've got stored away in their cracks and crevasses.

Yeah, I've thought that too, but it never seems to be anything really good. Only the mediocre stuff gets lost in the stock room at my local WM, like the Tank Droid or the stack of midi Falcons that popped a few days before Christmas. Hey WalMart, how about finding a lost case of Sail Barges or Republic Gunships? :)
UOldPirate

Postby ufjason » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:29 pm

So, it seems the woman I talked to was partially right. From the posts I've read it was an additional markdown on already reduced sets but only on sets that had not hit 50% yet like the alien mothership which I'd seen for $45 everywhere. I think I'd seen the pod racer set for around $70 as well. Guess it's time to hit some stores and see the new markdowns.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Previous

Return to Finds/Deals