Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Walmart* Clearance - YMMV

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Re: Walmart* Clearance - YMMV

Postby brownie69yov4 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:41 pm

I was wondering if any of you guys have found clearanced minifigs series 5? My local walmart had nearly 5 boxes full, without discount, just wondering if they were getting rid of them?
brownie69yov4

Postby cowbug » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:27 pm

brownie69yov4 wrote:I was wondering if any of you guys have found clearanced minifigs series 5? My local walmart had nearly 5 boxes full, without discount, just wondering if they were getting rid of them?

I found one single pack, that someone had hidden in another department, at Target for $1.48 the other day.
cowbug

Postby MicroJow » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:50 am

My local Walmart must have just marked their Lego down this morning since I found 5 full boxes of minifigs (series 5) on clearance for $1.00/figure! They also had the Harry Potter Forbidden Forest for $5, the Star Wars Freeco Speeder for $10, and the Super-Duper-Build-Whatever-You-Call-It Mater for $10.

- J
MicroJow

Postby GIR3691 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:27 pm

My store had no CMFs to be found, but they do have 16 Queen Anne's Revenge and 21 Black Pearls at full price... that have sat there since well before Christmas. Hoping for better luck at the other one today.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby Cara » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:00 pm

My walmarts minifigure series 5 are marked down - to $2.77 :roll:
Cara

Postby brickster90 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:02 pm

Better than mine - both Wally Worlds still have the list price of $2.97 per minifig.
brickster90

Postby markerpk » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:02 pm

Yeah I don't know if my walmarts even carried them, but I haven't seen any CMFs at any of them. Only store other than TRU that seems to have them at all was Borders, but that closed down. B&N might get them though. Course a TRU buy 2 get 1 free might be nice. I did that for my series 5 and got all but two all in one stop! Two bucks each isn't too bad! My wallys here seem to be taking a really slow approach to further mark downs and most of the good stuff is already gone. But i did find a SW Grievous Starfighter two days ago for $35. Not as good as half off, but it was the last one in any of the four Wallys I have around here, so I was happy!
markerpk

Postby MrCRskater » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:00 pm

Picked up the QAR for $89 today. Wasn't thrilled about the price, but I wanted one to compliment my Black Pearl and was afraid they'd be gone if I waited. Worst case, I can change my mind and return it.
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby Cara » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:22 am

@markerpk My TRUs charge 3.49 per minifig, at buy one get one half off that was still 2.60 per fig. :|

If anyone knows of any kingdoms stuff in northern california please let me know where.
Cara

Postby natespizer » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:43 am

I am in Northern Cali myself (Sacramento Area), and all of the kingdoms stuff seemed to go quick after christmas if any was left. I did end up getting a Kings Carriage at 50% off but that was it.
natespizer

Postby ted @ndes » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:19 pm

Walmart in my area hasn't dropped price on the CMF yet, but they were in the Clearance aisle... However, I did get some 50% off type deals today on a Freeco Speeder for $12 and a Pharaoh's Quest Sphinx for $24 (they had a bunch more sets on sale than I thought they would)... and to top it off, on my way out to my car I found a $20 bill blowing around in the parking lot. Lucky day, I guess.
ted @ndes
Alpha Male

Postby Red Ball » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:37 pm

Cara wrote:@markerpk My TRUs charge 3.49 per minifig, at buy one get one half off that was still 2.60 per fig. :|

If anyone knows of any kingdoms stuff in northern california please let me know where.

They had some carriages at the Fremont Walmart on Osgood ( I ended picking one up, still not sure if I want to keep it). They also had the Village Raid at the Milpitas Walmart, but be warned the box was opened. I looked inside and it did seem that everything was there. I still passed on it.
Red Ball

Postby markerpk » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:08 am

Cara wrote:@markerpk My TRUs charge 3.49 per minifig, at buy one get one half off that was still 2.60 per fig. :|

Yeah usually TRU is way overpriced, which makes it not even worth it for a lot of their "sales". But these were MSRP at 2.50, plus the buy 2 get one free, so it came out really well for me. Gonna keep an eye out for another one of those deals.

Also at the beginning of December I found on the shelf three MIB SW Spider Droid and Hailfire Droid sets from 2008. They were priced at 5.00 each! I quickly snagged all three. Three years ago they retailed for 19.00! A very good and rare find. They must have found them in some random corner in the back and decided to put them out. So about once a month I stop in my TRU just to see what random thing I might find.
markerpk

Postby JamesBenjamin » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:50 am

Just to clarify WM clearances:

My room mate works at a WM (long story) in the toy dept. Apparently when things aren't "in the mod" anymore they get the red tags. This means either the item is discontinued for that store (usually for all stores, but if the toy section is shrinking they might not have space for X item) and the red marks it as not re-orderable. Anything with a red tag CAN be marked at clearance prices, usually by the dept manager. They can look up in their 'puter to see what the original cost value of the item is and go from there. Unfortunately for us, some toy dept managers have realized that certain items (like Lego and some action figure lines) get snatched up by resellers all at once when they hit a certain value (usually 50% for Lego) regardless of what set/character it is. So they try to drag it out and slowly reduce prices till people buy them, trying to get every penny they can out of the stock.

Other stores just want stuff out ASAP and will cut pretty low, pretty quick. As always, YMMV
We are such stuff as manure is made of, so let's drink up and forget it... -Eugiene O'Neill
JamesBenjamin

Postby ufjason » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:22 am

Found 5 Ramses Pyramid games for $5 a pop at WM. The same store had one empty minifig bag. On a whim, I scanned it and it came up $.50. I would have bought cases at that price.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby markerpk » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:33 pm

Don't know if its nationwide, but just heard a radio ad today for a special 50% off clearance sale at Walmart this friday (Feb 3) that will include toys. Might be worth checking out. Maybe they finally gonna discount the older SW, HP and the AC stuff! Gonna go see thats for sure!
markerpk

Postby ufjason » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:04 pm

So, the last WM I was at I got some info. You'll have to take this with a grain of salt as it's a WM employee but she told me that clearance toys were going from 50 to 70% off on Saturday. I asked if it was nationwide and she said it was a communication sent from corporate so it most likely would be across the board. Considering that the discount pricing was pretty uniform at every store I went to, this could definitely be happening. Post it up here if you find sets that were 50% marked lower!
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby Gooker1 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:35 pm

There can't be much more available, so I'll be surprised if there is anything substantial...except maybe for the advent calendars. haha.
Gooker1

Postby SlickP » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:23 pm

Gooker1 wrote:There can't be much more available, so I'll be surprised if there is anything substantial...except maybe for the advent calendars. haha.

There is a bunch left at stores near me that have never been marked down. Hopefully tomorrow they will get off their lazy a$$ and mark it down.... ;)
SlickP

Postby Asterios » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:52 am

Well my Walmart still had Christmas wreaths and Series 5 CMF's (cases of these) for $2.00 ea.
Asterios

PreviousNext

Return to Finds/Deals