Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Walmart* Clearance - YMMV

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Re: Walmart* Clearance - YMMV

Postby JamesBenjamin » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:33 am

I went by three walmarts this morning, and can confirm the same sets on clearance: kingdoms, cars 2, pharoh's quest. Mostly picked over already, but I scored 2 of the $40 kingdoms set (king's chariot?), and the $100, $30 PQ for 1/2 off, and for some reason the $40 PQ set rang up $25 (?) instead of $20, but whatevs. A good haul, considering.
We are such stuff as manure is made of, so let's drink up and forget it... -Eugiene O'Neill
JamesBenjamin

Postby Mofo Jones » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:14 am

shoggoth666 wrote:
Mofo Jones wrote:I would have told the manager that there were two types of buying. "Stuff you pay for and take with you, and stuff you leave on the shelf. I'm going with option #2 today."

That made me snort. Brilliant! :lol:

Not too often I get quoted 4 months later, but I'm glad to read that you were amused. :)

I'm traveling home later today, I will check my local WM/TGTs for super discounts later.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby Vegaxe » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:59 am

Richmond, Va. Walmart... Had Cars, Harry Potter, and pyramids 50% off. No star wars.
Vegaxe

Postby Qzak » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:55 pm

Scored 7868 Mace Windu's Jedi Starfighter for $19.90 & 8097 Slave I for $39.90 & Hoth battle packs (8083 & 8084) were $5.90.
Qzak

Postby DarthMC » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:55 pm

Thanks for the tip!!!

City of Atlantis 7985 $34.90
Saving Dobby $5.40 only HP set I could find.
Rise of the Sphinx $24.90

Smaller POTC sets were at %50 off but Whitecap Bay was still at full price.

Only reason these were still there on Tuesday was that these were not marked as clearance but all scanned at half price.

DarthMC
DarthMC

Postby jcwilli » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:19 pm

Found Mace Windu's starfighter for $20 and the White Ninjago Dragon set for $7.50 in Junction city KS Wal mart. The other Star Wars clearance sets were gone.
jcwilli

Postby etcknight » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:13 pm

SDIronClaw wrote:I picked up Mace Windu's fighter tonight. Could'nt find a Slave 1, Palpatine Shuttle, or Hoth BP's though. Thanks for the tip though.

ditto here in riverside area.

Mace Windu $19.99
Advent calender $19.99
Plo Koon $12.50
Winged Guardian $7.99
few others I didn't scan

No luck with Slave 1 or Palpatine shuttle.
If anyone in So Cal runs into any extra Hoth rebel packs, LMK. I might be interested in a trade or cash.

(Anyone see any V-wings? They look sold out everywhere. Clearanced out?)
etcknight

Postby SDIronClaw » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:22 pm

etcknight wrote:
SDIronClaw wrote:I picked up Mace Windu's fighter tonight. Could'nt find a Slave 1, Palpatine Shuttle, or Hoth BP's though. Thanks for the tip though.

Mace Windu $19.99
Advent calender $19.99
Plo Koon $12.50
Winged Guardian $7.99
few others I didn't scan

If anyone in So Cal runs into any extra Hoth rebel packs, LMK. I might be interested in a trade or cash.

Stopped at another Walmart, no dice again. Really wish I could score some Hoth Empire Battle Packs.
"I find your lack of Lego disturbing."
SDIronClaw

Postby anakinisvader » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:37 pm

etcknight wrote:

Mace Windu $19.99
Advent calender $19.99
Plo Koon $12.50
Winged Guardian $7.99
few others I didn't scan

I saw 1 Imperial V wing at a Walmart today and it rang up for $19.99. Weren't they $15 before Christmas?
anakinisvader

Postby Qzak » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:20 pm

Hit another Wal-Mart today, found several Slave I's, Palpatine Shuttles, Hoth Battlepacks, Mill Village Raid, Mace Windu & Plo Koon Jedi Starfighters.
Qzak

Postby blue leader » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:47 pm

Completely picked over at the Wally World by my inlaws in Ankeny Iowa. If anyone in Colorado finds a Slave 1, I gots cash or trade items!
blue leader

Postby brickster90 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:13 pm

Unfortunately I didn't find any Slave One sets (I REALLY wanted that one), but I got some Ninjago sets (all in the skeleton line were half off), Mace Windu (score!), Palpatine's Shuttle, and Hoth Battle Packs. Pretty Happy with my haul.
brickster90

Postby darth_fett » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:48 pm

Toys r us in Union, NJ has no clearance whatsoever. Even the Prince of Persia & Pharoahs sets are normal (toys r us marked up) price. There's plenty of PoP sets in stock, & they're finally getting the new ninjago sets in. No sign of new star wars here.
Don't have a Walmart nearby to check. Sigh.
darth_fett

Postby Telorc » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:40 pm

Bellingham Washington Walmart is picked completely dry. 1.5 aisles of empty shelfs was weird to see... didnt catch any deals at all
Telorc

Postby etcknight » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:35 am

Anyone know when or if Walmart will go to 75% discount? Found a stash of SW Advent Calenders yesterday but still 50% off.

Also found one Target with about 4 boxes of Series 5 collectable minifig's on clearance. Didn't bother scanning, but I guess they're 30% off or so.

(Also have The Burrow, Hoth Wampa, or Hogwart Express for trade for Hoth Rebel Pack, Mace Windu Fighter, or Slave 1 if anyone is interested and local to So Cal.)
etcknight

Postby Tyrant » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:33 am

etcknight wrote:Anyone know when or if Walmart will go to 75% discount? Found a stash of SW Advent Calenders yesterday but still 50% off.

Also found one Target with about 4 boxes of Series 5 collectable minifig's on clearance. Didn't bother scanning, but I guess they're 30% off or so.

(Also have The Burrow, Hoth Wampa, or Hogwart Express for trade for Hoth Rebel Pack, Mace Windu Fighter, or Slave 1 if anyone is interested and local to So Cal.)

In the recent past, the way I have seen the clearance sections in Walmarts near me work has been they mark it one price and then it either sells at that price or it sits there at that price forever. Every once in a while something gets a further reduction, but it's not something I would count on. I saw the 2007 MTT sit at $70 for over a year in one Wal Mart near me before I finally decided it wasn't going to drop anymore and I bought it. I'm sure this is a YMMV situation, but if you want it I would go ahead and get it if I were you. Target and KMart do drop prices though, but I have no idea how frequently it happens at KMart.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
-The Sith Code
Bricklink Store
Tyrant

Postby etcknight » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:53 am

Tyrant wrote:In the recent past, the way I have seen the clearance sections in Walmarts near me work has been they mark it one price and then it either sells at that price or it sits there at that price forever. Every once in a while something gets a further reduction, but it's not something I would count on. I saw the 2007 MTT sit at $70 for over a year in one Wal Mart near me before I finally decided it wasn't going to drop anymore and I bought it. I'm sure this is a YMMV situation, but if you want it I would go ahead and get it if I were you. Target and KMart do drop prices though, but I have no idea how frequently it happens at KMart.

Normally I would agree with you regarding the price reductions. However, the Advent Calenders are a special X'mas item - so I'm thinking they'll be reduced simultaneously with the rest of the X'mas items. So I guess my real question is, when can I expect X'mas items to get reduced further?
etcknight

Postby 316danny » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:29 pm

I wouldn't expect a further discount - the Advent Calendars are one of the hotter items this time around. I only managed to find one for myself, but several people stopped me to ask if there were any more.
316danny

Postby THX 1138 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:02 pm

My Wal-Mart didn't have any Lego sales, and they didn't even have many of the SW items that have been reported to be on sale, like Mace Windu's Starfighter or Palpatine's Shuttle. I'm going out of town next week, so hopefully I'll be able to go to a different Wal-Mart then, and see if I have any better luck there.
Do a barrel roll!
THX 1138

Postby harry_jo » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:19 am

Just checking in from West Michigan. Lot's of advent calendars around here. Meijer had quite a few for 1/2 off right after Christmas. Still some at Target but only 30% off which seems crazy to me. Checked in at my local Wal-mart yesterday and snagged Plo-koon's Starfighter marked at the regular price of $25 but scanned at 1/2 off. It was the only one they had on shelft. A nice little find as I didn't have this one yet. Very little stock on everything else which scanned at full retail. Still waiting for the excess inventory of Advent calendar's at Target and Meijer to drop further. We'll see.
harry_jo

PreviousNext

Return to Finds/Deals