Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Collectible Minifigures Series 5 up at [email protected] UK

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Collectible Minifigures Series 5 up at [email protected] UK

Postby Staff » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:51 am

Staff

Re: Collectible Minifigures Series 5 up at [email protected] UK

Postby Brainslugged » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:09 am

I picked up two of these at the weekend from Toys R Us, Gateshead (North England). The dinosaur guy and explorer woman. I got hooked on them the week before because the local Tesco had an offer on series 4 selling them at 1 pound 47 each, which seemed like a good deal. Ended up buying ten of them over a few visits. However, when I went in and bought just two, along with a couple of other things, I realised they'd actually been charging the standard 2 quid a time. I complained and they said they'd refund the difference if I could find all my receipts or bring in bank statements. It pissed me off out of principle cos of how many people would have been over-charged despite them supposedly been on offer. If I'm spending 150 quid a time at Tesco, the last thing I'm gonna to is check my receipt each time and I don't even keep them. Might have to write a letter to Tesco, even though the five quid isn't important.

Last week I also got the Endor base set for 20% off seeing as it's discontinued in the US where I normally live. That just about brought it down to about the US price
Brainslugged

Re: Collectible Minifigures Series 5 up at [email protected] UK

Postby bigospedros » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:55 pm

Brainslugged wrote:If I'm spending 150 quid a time at Tesco, the last thing I'm gonna to is check my receipt each time and I don't even keep them. Might have to write a letter to Tesco, even though the five quid isn't important.

Strange choice to make ... perhaps you don't have to keep a rough tally on your spend when you shop?

Anyways ... these Minifigs have been available at WHSmiths for about 2 weeks. I bought a whole box 2 weekends ago. Kept a set of 16 for myself and have sold most of the rest via my Bricklink store.
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Return to Finds/Deals