Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Collectible Minifigures Series 5 up at Shop@Home UK

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Collectible Minifigures Series 5 up at Shop@Home UK

Postby Staff » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:51 am

Via Matthew on Brickset:

CMF Series 5

Man, they're up so the fifth wave of these already? LEGO Shop@Home has listed Series 5 of the Collectible Minifigures for GBP 1.99 each. Supposedly the release date was set at September 1st, but reports have started popping up here and there. Now LEGO has listed them.

Until we see otherwise, September 1st is still the release date for the rest of the world.

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2011/08/10/collectible-minifigures-series-5-up-at-shophome-uk/
Staff

Re: Collectible Minifigures Series 5 up at Shop@Home UK

Postby Brainslugged » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:09 am

I picked up two of these at the weekend from Toys R Us, Gateshead (North England). The dinosaur guy and explorer woman. I got hooked on them the week before because the local Tesco had an offer on series 4 selling them at 1 pound 47 each, which seemed like a good deal. Ended up buying ten of them over a few visits. However, when I went in and bought just two, along with a couple of other things, I realised they'd actually been charging the standard 2 quid a time. I complained and they said they'd refund the difference if I could find all my receipts or bring in bank statements. It pissed me off out of principle cos of how many people would have been over-charged despite them supposedly been on offer. If I'm spending 150 quid a time at Tesco, the last thing I'm gonna to is check my receipt each time and I don't even keep them. Might have to write a letter to Tesco, even though the five quid isn't important.

Last week I also got the Endor base set for 20% off seeing as it's discontinued in the US where I normally live. That just about brought it down to about the US price
Brainslugged

Re: Collectible Minifigures Series 5 up at Shop@Home UK

Postby bigospedros » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:55 pm

Brainslugged wrote:If I'm spending 150 quid a time at Tesco, the last thing I'm gonna to is check my receipt each time and I don't even keep them. Might have to write a letter to Tesco, even though the five quid isn't important.

Strange choice to make ... perhaps you don't have to keep a rough tally on your spend when you shop?

Anyways ... these Minifigs have been available at WHSmiths for about 2 weeks. I bought a whole box 2 weekends ago. Kept a set of 16 for myself and have sold most of the rest via my Bricklink store.
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Return to Finds/Deals