Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Tantive IV Discounted On Amazon

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Tantive IV Discounted On Amazon

Postby Staff » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:17 pm

Amazon.com has discounted 10198 Tantive IV down to $129 (MSRP $149.99). With no tax to most states and free shipping, this is one of the better deals you'll find on this set. Granted, it's nothing like the BOGO deal they had during the last holidays, but better than no discount.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2011/07/31/tantive-iv-discounted-on-amazon/
Staff

Re: Tantive IV Discounted On Amazon

Postby dWhisper » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:54 pm

It's an excellent set, well worth the money.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby Mofo Jones » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:10 pm

Seconded. Well worth the money, and likely beats the snot out of the Republic Frigate too. Tantive is one solidly built set!
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby ehwwong » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:18 am

any idea when the sale will end or is it till stock last?
ehwwong

Postby GIR3691 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:33 pm

Prince of Persia 7572 Quest Against Time is $24.91 with free shipping on Amazon.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby Mofo Jones » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:47 pm

Good deal, but the part I hate is that you have to either find a 9 cent filler (not impossible) or spend a few more $$ to qualify for the free super saver shipping. :roll:
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby Bellicose » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:16 am

Mofo Jones wrote:...and likely beats the snot out of the Republic Frigate too...

Curious - why do you say this? I have both, and I think they're pretty similar. I guess Tantive has more skeletal structure to it with all the technic blocks, but they feel pretty evenly matched to me.
Bellicose

Postby GIR3691 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:44 pm

Mofo Jones wrote:Good deal, but the part I hate is that you have to either find a 9 cent filler (not impossible) or spend a few more $$ to qualify for the free super saver shipping. :roll:

Not so! It qualifies for free shipping anyway.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby Mofo Jones » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:37 am

Bellicose wrote:
Mofo Jones wrote:...and likely beats the snot out of the Republic Frigate too...

Curious - why do you say this? I have both, and I think they're pretty similar. I guess Tantive has more skeletal structure to it with all the technic blocks, but they feel pretty evenly matched to me.

Because the new 7964 Republic Frigate is a "flick-fire + sticker + fan-wank Jedi = justify $30 price increase" rehash of the awesome "plethora of red and dark red in a mostly bley world" 7665 Republic Cruiser. 7665 and 10198 Tantive IV are on the same level for me - great designs, solid builds, good detail, swooshable, and they look great parked next to each other. My exact reasoning is that the discounted price should lead one to go with the Tantive. Tantive beats the snot out of the Frigate - nearly 400 more parts, 1 additional figure, instant icon status as the first ship seen in ANH, etc. 7665 and 10198 are among the few sets that pressed the mental "insta-buy" button that resides in this AFOL.

I think the Frigate is a lesser design at a higher cost. That said, for those who don't have 7665, feel free to get the Frigate and I promise I won't judge you. I might feel pity, but I won't judge. :)

Oh, and GIR3691, I apparently fail at reading comprehension this week :facepalm:
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby etcknight » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:12 pm

Mofo Jones wrote:Because the new 7964 Republic Frigate is a "flick-fire + sticker + fan-wank Jedi = justify $30 price increase" rehash of the awesome "plethora of red and dark red in a mostly bley world" 7665 Republic Cruiser.

Personally I'm torn between having all three. I agree ALL the new SW sets are overpriced. ("recession inflation"?!) However, having all 3 capital ships side-by-side really makes them look awesome. I had wished the 7964 was "white" and not "bley". (In the TV series, I initially thought it was white.) But, I guess I'll make it some MOC combination of white and bley. If I'm lucky, maybe I can find it as a damaged box and get 20% off - so the purchase doesn't hurt as much? ;)
etcknight

Postby Mofo Jones » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:06 pm

I nearly always buy $50 off LEGO, no matter the theme, and always at a better discount. Thus, if I find 7964 hovering at $60 one of these days, it's going home with me. I might even consider a second Tantive IV, but I'd probably have to find a way to mod that into the blue-trimmed ROTJ version (Are you listening, Billund?) so as to get it past my eagle-eyed wife. ;)
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Return to Finds/Deals