Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

7879 Hoth Echo Base

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Re: 7879 Hoth Echo Base

Postby Mofo Jones » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:42 pm

darth_fett wrote: And a white protocol droid. I distinctly remember there being a white 3PO on Hoth, not sure about a red one?

White Protocol Droid aka K-3PO was part of 7666
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby bigospedros » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:57 am

darth_fett wrote:not sure about a red one?

he was there ... albeit briefly ...

Just under the nose of the X-Wing at 5:24 on this clip. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6uQ1ROQm0k
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby lowlead » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:51 am

Hmm...I'm usually reluctant to negativity around here, but I'd have to say this set is a solid miss.

One does not have to be an AFOL to raise an eyebrow at the design - I'm venturing that even a 10 yr old kid, upon seeing this for the first time, might say "Wha?"
lowlead

Postby ItsTwentyBelow » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:49 pm

Sheesh I finally found this post near the bottom of the homepage since it seems to have been so rapidly buried by all the Pirates, Cars, Toy Story, and "M-Wing" junk. I miss when this place used to just focus on Star Wars...

Anyway, I'd like to voice my opinion in the proper thread. Echoing (no pun intended) what I said in the new sets thread in the SW forum, yes I think it's a minifig-oriented mess as well. Glad to see that most people seem to agree on that. Home One by contrast was awesome, with the command bridge and meeting room being PERFECT, the hangar and A-Wing a sweet detachable add-on, and every figure except the A-wing pilot being brand spankin' new. I think this Echo Base set is probably the worst, most underwhelming of the large $100+ sets in the history of Lego SW. If I got it for free I'd probably just sell it. Seriously. It's a white Space Police base.
ItsTwentyBelow

Postby cas » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:19 pm

Well, apparently it's $89.99 (USD), or it would be, if that pile of bricks was in stock. Of course, none of the other sets are in stock, but they probably will be soon. Some of the sets are in stock, but not this one.

Edit: Some people are indicating they are finding the new sets in store. So, if TRU is your thing, better keep a look out, since it's only a matter of time before the TRU Consumer Gauge Patrol notices and jacks up the prices.
Last edited by cas on Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:10 am, edited 4 times in total.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby MrCRskater » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:35 pm

Thanks for the update, cas. At $90, this set isn't quite as offensive as initially thought (I was afraid they'd be asking $100 - $120), but it's still too high for that piece count. I'm also disappointed that this will be a TRU exclusive as it will inevitably suffer their ridiculous markup. Hopefully it'll tank and linger on the shelves and eventually go on perpetual discount the way the Home One did. I made the mistake of picking up my Home One (which I love!) at full price. Shoulda waited!
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby cas » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:09 am

TRU Consumer Gauge Patrol noticed. $95.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby deco_droid » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:21 pm

ItsTwentyBelow wrote:Sheesh I finally found this post near the bottom of the homepage since it seems to have been so rapidly buried by all the Pirates, Cars, Toy Story, and "M-Wing" junk. I miss when this place used to just focus on Star Wars...

amen, brother...
deco_droid

Postby bigkid24 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:01 pm

I have to agree with others when they say nothing about it screams Star Wars to me. It reminds me of the old Space sets where there'd be some random large pieces put together for a "base." I would like to say that I'm glad that there isn't another Snow Speeder in there at least. At least the piece count could go to other things...
bigkid24

Previous

Return to Finds/Deals