Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[International] Twilight 50% off on Shop at Home

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

[International] Twilight 50% off on Shop at Home

Postby Crusader » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:09 am

Title says it all. U.S. Shop at Home is listing the Twilight at 50% off for $49.99. Not a bad deal.

http://shop.lego.com/Product/?p=7680Image

Take Care,

Cru

edited: added fbtb's referral link. -ace-
"He is a very shallow critic who cannot see an eternal rebel in the heart of a conservative." - G.K. Chesterton
Crusader

Re: Twilight 50% off Shop at Home

Postby Teekay » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:15 am

Okay, everyone who is STILL on the fence, this set is a fun build and the finished model ends up pretty nice. At 50% get this now!

~Sam (Teekay)
I don't know why I dropped back here again lately. LEGO can no longer hold my interest, and I'm almost certainly gone forever. Bye to all who remember me.
Teekay

Location: Haven't been on in nearly a year. Probably gone forever. Nostalgia brought me back one last time.

Postby Draykov » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:01 am

For you hopelessly lazy parts-monkies out there who are still on the fence: 7680 inventory at Peeron.

Me, I don't know. I don't know that I need more large gray plates right now. I'm still gonna wait a bit...but thanks for the heads-up Crusader.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Andi » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:11 am

It's 50% less in the European countries (I tested Germany and UK) Shop at Home as well
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Postby Tyrant » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:19 am

I almost bought this when it on sale at TRU ($70 I think). I decided against it then. I'll order 1 at $50. And for those following the scalping thread, it's for me.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
-The Sith Code
Bricklink Store
Tyrant

Postby Draykov » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:15 am

Hail Space!
Draykov

Re: [North America] Twilight 50% off Shop at Home

Postby Daz Hoo » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:54 am

I just changed the title of this thread, since this deal is also available for Canadians shoppers too. With Andi's post, I think that pretty much covers it.
Daz Hoo

Re: [International] Twilight 50% off on Shop at Home

Postby Morgan19 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:59 pm

Does anyone happen to know if this sale's good in-store, as well?

m19
Morgan19

Postby Swoosh Factor » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:10 pm

I ordered mine over the phone (was looking for some castle sets which wound up being sold out >8( ) and the customer service rep said the Twilight was one of the weekly specials, so I'd advise picking one up sooner rather than later.
Swoosh Factor

Postby meeotch » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:01 pm

Morgan19 wrote:Does anyone happen to know if this sale's good in-store, as well?

m19

Yes, this sale is going on in the Lego stores. When I called to have one put on hold for me, the manager kind of laughed and said, "Don't worry, they aren't going anywhere. There's a reason it's half off." So take that as you will, but I wonder if it's going to be permanently discounted.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby Morgan19 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:02 pm

:lol: Too funny, thanks for the info.

m19
Morgan19

Postby Morgan19 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:54 pm

So I bit the bullet and got one yesterday, thanks to the tip from everyone here. It was a very tedious build for me for some reason (maybe all the fiddly Technic bits?), but in the end the ship's grown on me by leaps and bounds. I definitely would've had buyer's remorse at full price, but I feel pretty good about it at $50: it's a solid ship (contrary to its wobbliness during the build itself) with some neat features, and it's nice to have a ship with some "room" in it that isn't capital-sized. It swooshes surprisingly well, too, considering how big and heavy it is.

The design of the actual ship (not the LEGO set) might've been trying to hard to be the "next Falcon", but design flaws aside I'm actually liking both the ship and the set itself very much. So much so that I saw the Titanium version of it this morning and picked that up, too. ;)

(There was a thread a while back about associating certain movies with set builds-- the Twilight for me will forever be linked to Traitor, since I had it on last night during the build. Good movie.)

m19
Morgan19

Postby Joedward » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:49 am

This is no longer available in the UK.

My one chance to get it half price and I miss it. :'(
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby DarthMC » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:19 pm

Looks like the sale is over in the U.S.. It's not sold out but back to $99.99 on S@H and in the LEGO store in Virginia.

DarthMC
DarthMC

Return to Finds/Deals