Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Lego Minifigures Series 4 Sightings

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Re: Lego Minifigures Series 4 Sightings

Postby MisterFubar » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:11 pm

Still haven't spotted any yet. I'm really hoping I can snag the whole series before I go on my extended vacation.

If not I might have to bribe someone here to get me the whole set. I'll likely have to do the same thing to get series 5 and 6 if there is one.

I suppose I could always just order a box of each online as they come out but I'd really rather not deal with all the duplicates when I get home, especially the ones that end up being worth less than MSRP. ;)
MisterFubar

Re: Lego Minifigures Series 4

Postby Prince Kahuka » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:00 pm

jasonjunker wrote:The Crazy Scientist is the toughest to find since there are only 2 per box.

The hair on the scientist is soft rubber, like the Punk Rocker mohawk...

I thought the Crazy Scientist was fairly easy to find, precisely because the hair is soft rubber and easy to feel for since it's probably the only squishy Series 4 piece. The Punk Rocker mohawk, on the other hand, is a hard rubber (it has a little flex to it but not much).
Prince Kahuka

Re: Lego Minifigures Series 4

Postby Joedward » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:36 am

Prince Kahuka wrote:
jasonjunker wrote:The Crazy Scientist is the toughest to find since there are only 2 per box.

The hair on the scientist is soft rubber, like the Punk Rocker mohawk...

I thought the Crazy Scientist was fairly easy to find, precisely because the hair is soft rubber and easy to feel for since it's probably the only squishy Series 4 piece. The Punk Rocker mohawk, on the other hand, is a hard rubber (it has a little flex to it but not much).

When he said 'toughest to find' I'm pretty sure he was referring to the scarcity of that one figure in a full box of 60.
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby Daz Hoo » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:36 am

Many QuéLUG members have found series 4 boxes in Wal Mart stores around Montreal (Laval and Longueuil) and also in Shawinigan.
Daz Hoo

Postby Mister Ed » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:50 am

Well, I found them at my local Fred Meyer for $2.99. Plus, they seemed to have an unadvertised (at least I never saw it in the weekly ad) 15% off ALL LEGO. I had to make them give me the discount, because it didn't ring up, but they did it.

I found everything but the Viking. I dread having to scour other stores looking for that one figure. But I'd hate having that hole even more. ;)
Mister Ed

Postby Rook » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:56 am

Yeah the Hazmat Guy (helmet) and Japanese Girl (2x2x2 slope: dress) are the easiest to feel.

List of easiest items to feel (for me):

Hazmat Guy: Helmet
Japanese Girl: Dress (2x2x2 slope)
Artist: Brush
Wolf Man: Bone
Frankenstein: Hard to tell but hair piece is the only thing different.
Musketeer: Sword
Sailor: Scope
Hockey Guy: Hockey stick
Viking: Shield
Skater Boy: Skateboard
Soccer Player: Trophy
Ice Dancer: Ice skate with no hockey stick in bag
Surfer Girl: Surf Board
Gnome: Fishing pole
Punk: Guitar
Scientist: Unknown (I assume rubber hair)
Yea, though I walk through the valley...
Rook

Postby ufjason » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:45 pm

They're all easy to feel. The hardest part for me is finding a place to sort them in the store without passerby's reaching in and saying "oh, cool". I'm like, these are mine freak show! Anyways, all comedy aside I had no issue figuring out the figures and these are by far the easiest series to feel out as each one is very distinct. The ice skates are the one I usually find a pain since i need to go hunting for hockey gear afterwards. Other than that, they're all pretty easy. In previous series, there were a lot of figures that shared parts. I'm going to wait for a sale to start picking these up, I'm still kinda bummed they raised the price to 2.99 from 1.99!
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby GIR3691 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:26 am

ufjason wrote:They're all easy to feel. The hardest part for me is finding a place to sort them in the store without passerby's reaching in and saying "oh, cool". I'm like, these are mine freak show!

Get a basket if possible. Find the ones you want, toss them in there while browsing for others.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby MrCRskater » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:40 am

No luck at my local TRU the other day, but finally filled out my baseball team and got $0.30 off each!
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby Mister Ed » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:02 am

Went to a different Fred Meyer and found my Viking. This store didn't have the 15% off all LEGO signs, and instead had each set marked down individually, so no discount, but for one fig I don't really care.

This store actually still had a bunch of Series 3. I had to hunt and find Series 4 boxes on the top shelf behind other items. But at least that meant I was starting with a fresh box!
Mister Ed

Postby infallible » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:42 pm

Saw these at the south Austin TRU this morning. They had just been put out, but were half gone already. A fellow LUGger went by not long after I was there and they were all sold out. I'm waiting for our Brand Retail store to get them in.
infallible

Postby MicroJow » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:34 pm

Finally located most of a box out here in Southern California. Two full boxes had already been sold and 9 figures were missing out of the last box by the time I arrived. Without time to perform the "touch & feel" method, I just bought the rest of the box (51 figures.)

Luckily for me, neither of the two Mad Scientists were missing and I managed to pull the two complete sets I was after. Booyah! :)

Now for a nice long nap before Series 5.

- MJ
MicroJow

Postby Gooker1 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:06 pm

MicroJow wrote:Finally located most of a box out here in Southern California. Two full boxes had already been sold and 9 figures were missing out of the last box by the time I arrived. Without time to perform the "touch & feel" method, I just bought the rest of the box (51 figures.)

Luckily for me, neither of the two Mad Scientists were missing and I managed to pull the two complete sets I was after. Booyah! :)

- MJ

Great score! TRU? I haven't really been looking yet. Anyone know when the Lego store is getting them?
Gooker1

Postby etcknight » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:27 pm

MicroJow wrote:Finally located most of a box out here in Southern California. Two full boxes had already been sold and 9 figures were missing out of the last box by the time I arrived. Without time to perform the "touch & feel" method, I just bought the rest of the box (51 figures.)

- MJ

Cool! TRU, Target, or Walmart?
etcknight

Postby swe3t23 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:28 pm

TRU series 4 was on sale for $2.69

still need 5 more to complete my set

walmart had 3 boxes left of series 3
swe3t23

Postby MicroJow » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:12 pm

Woops! Right - the "where" of it all! It was at the Valencia, CA TRU. They usually get them first, then the rest of the Los Angeles area follows within days. I know Alhambra, CA and Glendale, CA had a couple cases, too. (At least that's what their computers were sayin'!)

- MJ
MicroJow

Postby bigj22 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:06 pm

Well I went to my local TRU and they were putting them out. They had a 5 per limit. Thats simply sucks. I am not a dealer but simply a collector and thanks to those people who feel they have to make a few bucks, I cant buy what I want to buy. This idiot brings his family in and he gave his wife and 2 kids each 20.00 to buy 5 packs. They went to seperate registers and was successful. Yeah I know I'm just venting but it feels good to vent. >8( . Where is the justice?
bigj22

Postby MicroJow » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:28 pm

When TRU tried pulling that with me on Series 3, I wandered over to a family of four, explained that they were limiting the figures to five per person, and asked if they would be willing to buy some for me if I gave them the $.

This time around, the same TRU didn't limit at all. Probably because they still had boxes of Series 3 sitting there for months afterwards - right up until last week, actually.

- MJ
MicroJow

Postby pharmjod » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:55 am

Series 4 rings up 10% off today at TRU for anyone interested. YMMV but should be nationwide. My store had 3 cases.
pharmjod

Postby Lich_Barrister » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:18 am

The Wal-Mart in Vernon, BC has them. The scientist's flask is easy to distinguish if you're not sure on the hair (is it the Hazmat top? The hockey pads?) and a sure shot. I found four, and bought them. (An hour of digging for a full set plus a few extras makes one less charitable when it comes to the figure that shows up twice in a box...)

They're now at $3.28 CDN. So it goes, but not surprising.
Lich_Barrister

PreviousNext

Return to Finds/Deals