Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

67%-75% off at S@H

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Re: 67%-75% off at S@H

Postby combattank » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:11 am

Morgan19 wrote:Blah. I had ONE shadow snapper set in my cart, got to the final submit page, and suddenly had it removed as being out of stock. Guess the order isn't "reserved" even when it's in your cart and don't check out fast enough?

I appreciate the heads-up, at least. Does anyone know if these sales would be applicable at a b&m LEGO store, as well?

m19

Not sure if anyone has answered your second question yet... But I went to a brick and mortar Lego store and they had some of the items on clearance that were also on shop@home. In the Clearance/Sale section they did have the Shadow Snapper at $8.98. They also had various Lego Magnet sets (a few Star Wars and a lot of Atlantis ones [shark/manta/diver]) at $4.48. Some key chains were on sale throughout the store. They were also trying to get rid of their remaining Prince of Persia stuff too. I am actually kind of surprised that the Prince of Persia theme is not on sale at shop@home.

You know what was weird though was that the cashier initially wouldn't give me a "Sensei Wu" key chain (which you are supposed to get if you spend $75) because she thought most of my purchase was clearance items. I did however buy enough non-clearance items to qualify for one.
combattank

Postby joelcress » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:48 am

BR120 Catalog code for $5 off $20.

It's my understanding that the magnet figures are regular minifigures...someone posted "less quality". How so?
joelcress

Postby cowbug » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:17 am

Thats interesting, online yesterday I had just over $75 in my cart, all items were either clearance items or pick a brick, plus I used the $5 off BR120 code and it still said I qualified. I did not end up finalizing that order, I took it down to under $50 cause I couldn't justify spending that much more just to get the key chain.
cowbug

Postby Draykov » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:22 am

joelcress wrote:It's my understanding that the magnet figures are regular minifigures...someone posted "less quality". How so?

When they made the revision from choking hazardous "magnets in my pants" figs to standard figs attached to those modified 2x4 bricks, they opted to go with figs made in Sinobulgvanistan. This thread should give you some insight.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby cowbug » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:51 am

The quality difference, depending on the fig can be very noticeable. To some, its not a big deal, or it can be a huge deal, even very irritating to others. If you are buying for a serious collector, they will notice and may or may not care, on the other hand, if you are buying them for kids to play with, they will likely not know the difference nor will they care.
cowbug

Postby SDIronClaw » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:08 pm

I picked up a few of the magnet sets today. I went to the Atlanta Lego Store last weekend and then the Birmingham one today to get the Battle Geonosis. Both were sold out, must be a real popular set.
"I find your lack of Lego disturbing."
SDIronClaw

Postby rocao » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:28 pm

combattank wrote:You know what was weird though was that the cashier initially wouldn't give me a "Sensei Wu" key chain (which you are supposed to get if you spend $75) because she thought most of my purchase was clearance items. I did however buy enough non-clearance items to qualify for one.

I've never heard that clearance items don't count towards promotions such at this. I wonder if you just got unlucky with your clerk. Earlier this week I bought a couple hundred dollars of sets (about half of it was clearance) and the cashier put multiple Sensei Wu keychains in my bag on her own volition.
rocao

Postby Gooker1 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:58 pm

rocao wrote:
combattank wrote:You know what was weird though was that the cashier initially wouldn't give me a "Sensei Wu" key chain (which you are supposed to get if you spend $75) because she thought most of my purchase was clearance items. I did however buy enough non-clearance items to qualify for one.

I've never heard that clearance items don't count towards promotions such at this. I wonder if you just got unlucky with your clerk. Earlier this week I bought a couple hundred dollars of sets (about half of it was clearance) and the cashier put multiple Sensei Wu keychains in my bag on her own volition.

I was told the same thing at the Lego store in Downtown Disney...clearance items don't count towards special promotions. Oh well.
Gooker1

Postby J30spiff » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:48 am

I bought nothing but clearance items from S@H and qualified for the free Sensei Wu keychain.
J30spiff

Postby ufjason » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:38 pm

Do they have anything left?
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Previous

Return to Finds/Deals