Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

MASSIVE S@H sale

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Re: MASSIVE S@H sale

Postby indelible » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:59 pm

Gooker1 wrote:The Ontario one was a freaking zoo too. The malls were a joke yesterday. Oh well, I have what I need though. :)

\did they have anything good or at least much left at ontario?
indelible

Postby that guy » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:23 pm

Tahrbow wrote:Are the markdowns this steep every time, or did LEGO go Flip Out And Kill People insane with this one?

I've seen higher percentages, but this was above and beyond any sale I can remember in the past number of years for the sheer volume (esp. SW sets) at one time. It was more at one time that I've seen in years. I was at my store at 7am Sunday and the other veterans there agreed they hadn't seen anything this good in a long time.
that guy

Postby simpsonps121 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:32 pm

The Lego Store in MD (Arundel Mills Mall) still had tons of Prince of Persia Stuff, Atlantis and Miners. All at 50% off. (maybe Atlantis was only some of them 50% off...)

Still had 1 Home One when I left.

Did not have Venator, Walking AT, or the Pirate Tank.
simpsonps121

Postby King » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:44 am

Chandler Lego store had a number of sets on Sunday including PoP, Atlantis and many of the <$15 sets (Racers, Hero Factory, etc...) They also had quite a number of Home Ones and Midi SD. That said, an employee shared with me that they had a number of very large transactions earlier in the day...several thousand $$$.

Arrowhead store today had most of the sets, many that Chandler did not have. Venators, Y-Wings, many of the small city sets, Belleville, the larger Racers sets, Technic Container Truck, etc... They also had Diagon Alley out and all of the new SW sets.

King
FBTB member before 9/1/11? You get 3% off everything in my Bricklink store. Just PM me on FBTB before you order and note it on your BL order.
King

Postby Gooker1 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:38 am

indelible wrote:
Gooker1 wrote:The Ontario one was a freaking zoo too. The malls were a joke yesterday. Oh well, I have what I need though. :)

indelible wrote:

My suggestion for you would be to call them up. I went Sunday afternoon around 2, so they might be all gone of stuff now. They had a couple of Y Wings and some assassin droids, but that was it Star Wars wise. I was able to get the last Venator there.
Gooker1

Postby ufjason » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:13 am

I went to the lego store here two days in a row. On Sunday I arrived too late to get the Venators they had. They said one guy cleaned them out. Had I got there early enough, that one guy would have been me so I can't complain. They had a great selection on the smaller star wars sets. They had plenty of pirate tanks, corp alliance tank droids, clone trooper packs. They had no SP save a few raid vprs which I'm sorry now that I didn't pick up. No town homes, creator sets, wind turbines, motorized at ats. They still had every farm related set when I left, all of the impulse sets, every PoP set and Atlantis sets.

They told me they were getting a truck on Monday and to come back around 5pm when items would start making it to the floor. I was hoping for some new stock on sale price items. I saw all of the 2011 star wars sets yesterday, including the battle of geonosis for $40 which I passed on. They had some restock on harry potter. I did notice that all of the farm sets sold out with the exception of two horse trailers left. They had a short stack of home ones left, y wings and clone troopers had a restock. Tons of magnets still left, all of the PoP and Atlantis though Alamut was running low.

The highlight of the day was that someone returned a motorized at at while I was there. It had two tears from gift wrapping and the guy took it to the back to price adjust it not knowing it was on sale. It is now in my possession but I got no discount for the damage.

All in all, I was able to get almost everything I wanted in store. I got the town home from another store via mail order. I ordered wind turbine in store and got free shipping. I think I'm at my limit, close to $800 later and there's still stuff I would buy if I could find it. Hunting for Endors between work visits today.

Oh, forgot, they put the series 3 minifigs out. Here's the shocker, $2.99 a piece! Their new msrp is higher, so if you got bogo 50 at tru through December you did ok. I wish we had meijer here...
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby that guy » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:05 am

Yeah my store was stocked to the gills with Y-wings, Venators (probably 25 that all sold within 10 minutes), AAT, Pirate Tanks, Crane Trucks, Home Ones, and Midi IST, but no Hoth sets or any pirate and space police. They were selling so much that they made countless trips into the back room just keep filling it up. Lots of city but none of the bigger ones. In fact, they had so many Y's, AATs, and Pirate tanks that even between the 5 of us 'pros' that were there they had plenty left over for everyone else. I don't like talking quantities but safe to say it's good thing I didn't bring the Corolla. ;)
that guy

Postby SDIronClaw » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:32 am

Sucks being in NY, otherwise I should have been able capitalize on some of the Lego sales at the Ontario Lego Store. I am guessing a lot of those set will be showing up on E Bay at full if not over MSRP.
"I find your lack of Lego disturbing."
SDIronClaw

Postby ufjason » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:00 pm

Most of these sets that were at discount have been going for below msrp so no worries there. If you missed on the sale, I can almost guarantee you'll be able to find them for discounted prices for at least a month. I wouldn't wait on anything that's popular however. Remember that even if you're not at the store, they do ship. You could simply call a lego store with your vip and cc number and they'll ship the sets to you. In fact, had I thought of it, I would have called my store at open to get some venators. I've even called my store and paid over the phone for in store pickup.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby SDIronClaw » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:26 pm

ufjason wrote:Most of these sets that were at discount have been going for below msrp so no worries there. If you missed on the sale, I can almost guarantee you'll be able to find them for discounted prices for at least a month. I wouldn't wait on anything that's popular however. Remember that even if you're not at the store, they do ship. You could simply call a lego store with your vip and cc number and they'll ship the sets to you. In fact, had I thought of it, I would have called my store at open to get some venators. I've even called my store and paid over the phone for in store pickup.

Not a bad idea, thanks for the info. Would TRU price match S@H prices or not??
"I find your lack of Lego disturbing."
SDIronClaw

Postby that guy » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:59 pm

Not
that guy

Postby DarthMC » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:01 pm

I have 2 TRU stores near me in MD about 10 miles apart and they will not even price match each other. One had series 3 figures for $3.49 while the other had them for $3.99.

DarthMC
DarthMC

Postby BrickSith206 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:06 pm

ufjason wrote:Remember that even if you're not at the store, they do ship. You could simply call a lego store with your vip and cc number and they'll ship the sets to you

Yeah, who wants to deal with crowds? I spent about 30k in less than an hour. The best part is I didn't even leave my office.

I went by the store in Bellevue, WA today to grab a copy of Battle for Geonosis and ended up needing two trips with a cart to get everything else I was roped into buying to my truck.

It's hard to say no to 50% off LEGO. Good times, indeed.
Do something.
BrickSith206

Postby legoflesh » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:49 pm

popnfresh wrote:Oh, I guess they bounced in an out, I remember looking at the Garage and it was listed as sold out weeks ago, but it doesnt really matter now, the pirate sets sold out kind of hurt tho. Good thing home one is still in stock so its not a complete loss. :)

d'oh fire rescue and crane truck just got yanked from my cart while i was on fbtb :lol: :x , thatll teach me to not order right away

The fire rescue and crane truck were two of the sets I ordered the second time around ;) The first time I browsed the sales they were available. Thought about it for a bit and when I came back they were both sold out. Then I went back another time and they were available so I had to jump on them!
I think they were just messing with my emotions :lol:
legoflesh

Postby anakinisvader » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:07 pm

Gooker1 wrote:
BrickSith206 wrote:
ufjason wrote:Remember that even if you're not at the store, they do ship. You could simply call a lego store with your vip and cc number and they'll ship the sets to you

Yeah, who wants to deal with crowds? I spent about 30k in less than an hour. The best part is I didn't even leave my office.

I went by the store in Bellevue, WA today to grab a copy of Battle for Geonosis and ended up needing two trips with a cart to get everything else I was roped into buying to my truck.

What'd you get for 30 grand? :)

The real question is "what can't you get for 30 grand?"
anakinisvader

Postby that guy » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:40 pm

Yeah, ordering on the phone is nice (except for those nasty shipping charges), I've done it quite a bit myself, and it certainly helps avoid those nasty looks and remarks you get when people see you making Shaq sized piles guarded by your friends in the middle of the store while you continue to strip the shelves clean (not that I've ever had that happen, oh wait, that was Sunday for me). :facepalm:
that guy

Postby J30spiff » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:02 pm

that guy wrote:Yeah, ordering on the phone is nice (except for those nasty shipping charges), I've done it quite a bit myself, and it certainly helps avoid those nasty looks and remarks you get when people see you making Shaq sized piles guarded by your friends in the middle of the store while you continue to strip the shelves clean (not that I've ever had that happen, oh wait, that was Sunday for me). :facepalm:

:lol: Luckily I didn't make it to a Lego store for this sale or my family would've been standing guard like your friends. The closest one is almost 2 hours away and the snow in CT kept me from making the trip. Add a trip to the in-laws that'll take me into the New Year and all I was able to get is what I ordered from S@H directly.
J30spiff

Postby Inzane » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:21 am

If anyone down in the USA spots sets 8185 Ferrari Truck or 6754 Family Home in stock at their local Lego store at the 50% off discount price, and are willing to ship to a fellow FBTB'er in Canada, please please let me know!

Thanks.
Inzane

Postby Claw » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:05 pm

Dooku's set from S@H shipped today.. as did everything else I ordered. Got 4 ISD's, buncha Duplo, and Prince of Persia stuff.

Can't wait to get them.
Claw

Postby onions » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:32 pm

BrickSith206 wrote:

i pray to every god you clicked through our affiliate link.
onions
Damp Noodle

PreviousNext

Return to Finds/Deals