Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

BOGO 50% off at TRU Tuesday and Wednesday on ALL Lego

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

BOGO 50% off at TRU Tuesday and Wednesday on ALL Lego

Postby ufjason » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:23 pm

eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Re: BOGO 50% off at TRU Tuesday and Wednesday on ALL Lego

Postby sidersdd » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:25 pm

ufjason wrote:The coupon has ALL in caps too.

Yeah, but typically when TRU says 'ALL', they don't really mean 'ALL'. They mean 'ALL' except a bunch of themes specified in an exclusion footnote somewhere. This is probably just the City BOGO 50%.
sidersdd

Postby Bonedaddy » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:43 pm

Agreed, unfortunately... Taking a look at the same email i noticed that only LEGO city sets are pictured in the advertisement which is a good indication that "ALL" does not actually mean what we all hope it does :(
Bonedaddy

Postby onions » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:46 pm

there's no fine print on it. you could make the argument...
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby indelible » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:57 pm

there are 2 asterisks so there must be a footnote somewhere "BUY 1 get 50% off** all legos"
indelible

Postby onions » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:45 pm

its on the bottom of that page. it says second item must be equal or lesser value.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Bonedaddy » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:07 pm

onions wrote:there's no fine print on it. you could make the argument...

Any time i try that move at my local TRU i get shot down and they point at the flier and tell me that if its not pictured then its not included. I'm not the type to stand and argue with a store clerk, they dont get paid enough for that, so i usually just let it go and wait for a real sale.
Bonedaddy

Postby SWLegoFanatic » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:31 pm

They do list one exclusion: "Pharoah's Quest" there's a cross after the line "ALL Lego" and right at the bottom of the flier after it says "second must be of equal or lesser..." it says PQ is excluded. So, I guess everything else is included since PQ was the only line called out as excluded.

I may look at some creator sets just to change things up a bit...

Of course, my TRU was pretty picked thru last time I was in there. Not sure if they're re-stocking regularly. One set they had a TON of was the way over-priced Slave I. Lego's price was too high to begin with, but then add their markup and its ridiculous.
SWLegoFanatic

Postby ufjason » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:23 pm

New link in a following email that mentions the PQ exclusion. Who cares about that when Star Wars ISN'T excluded! Too bad the atat went back up to regular price.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby iewoals » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:30 am

I couldn't get it to work on the impulse traveler that's on 50%. Anyone get that to work?

I bought 2 but they both rang at $2.25

In store of course.
Last edited by iewoals on Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
iewoals

Postby Novastinger » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:31 am

It's too bad all the new Star Wars sets are out of stock online, as well as some of the new creator sets like the log cabin.
Novastinger

Postby SWLegoFanatic » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:35 am

Is the BOGO 50% available online as well? I thought it was in-store only...
SWLegoFanatic

Postby Inzane » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:21 am

I hate Canadian retailers................ :(

Sigh...
Inzane

Postby onions » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:40 am

SWLegoFanatic wrote:Is the BOGO 50% available online as well? I thought it was in-store only...

it's online as well.

http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/cli ... =4&subid=0
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby ufjason » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:42 am

iewoals wrote:I couldn't get it to work on the impulse traveler that's on 50%. Anyone get that to work?

I bought 2 but they both rang at $2.25

In store of course.

I got the same outcome, the impulses do not ring up with the bogo sale... I really like the traveler figures. The torso has the original space symbol so it works well as a body for the insides of space ships that have pressurized cabins. Too bad they're only in red.
ufjason

Postby popnfresh » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:22 pm

pretty sad when even with bogoho, it still doesnt even approach 10 cents per piece

lego has gone crazy in their pricing :(
popnfresh

Postby Nannan » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:40 pm

Went and picked up the two new large SW ships on sale in stores. The impuse sets didn't qualify because they're not "LEGO construction toys," they were instead "MINI promos."
Nannan

Postby Tyrant » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:15 pm

popnfresh wrote:pretty sad when even with bogoho, it still doesnt even approach 10 cents per piece

lego has gone crazy in their pricing :(

I think you might mean TRU has gone crazy in their pricing and without saying which sets you are talking about we have no idea what you are talking about. A number of sets hit 10 cents per piece and I believe the majority (possibly a large majority) hit that spot with BOGO taken into account. Can you be more specific if you're going to complain about a sale (a sale at TRU that includes SW which is one of the two complaints we always hear about their sales)?
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
-The Sith Code
Bricklink Store
Tyrant

Postby popnfresh » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:27 pm

The two new large sets, 389 pieces each, for 50 and 60 dollars. The Tru markup was 3 dollars, but $59.99 for a 3XX piece set is the Lego groups doing, here I was thinking that 54.99 for the 385 piece Solar Sailer as bad as it was going to get.
popnfresh

Postby MisterFubar » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:34 pm

popnfresh wrote:The two new large sets, 389 pieces each, for 50 and 60 dollars. The Tru markup was 3 dollars, but $59.99 for a 3XX piece set is the Lego groups doing, here I was thinking that 54.99 for the 385 piece Solar Sailer as bad as it was going to get.

I think we can go ahead and get used to those price points. The piece counts will vary a little bit, but we are going to have a ships those sizes at those price points.

Look at the last wave.

The ARC-170 was 396 pieces for 59.99
TIE Defender 304/49.99

Sure the piece counts were a little on the low side, but the size of the assembled ships is comparable to the ships at that price point for the last several years. That's what I look at, but I've never been one to get hung up on that magic $.10 per piece number that most AFOLs dream of.

That said... I'm still on the fence with this wave's 2 larger sets, I'll have to see them in person before deciding if I want to pay close to full retail or not.

Back on topic... :D I'm hoping that my closest TRU has finally put some of the new SW sets out by the time I stop by on my way in to work in the AM. It will be odd going into a TRU at 5 in the morning, but I guess that's why they've got the extended hours this time of year. To catch the people that can't make it during normal hours.

It would be nice to snag a few of the 2011 sets at a discount before 2011 even starts.
MisterFubar

Next

Return to Finds/Deals