Earn Double the VIP Points on everly shop.LEGO.com purchase!  Valid April 1-15, 2014.

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Stay On Target: Toy Story Jeep Found In U.S.

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Re: Stay On Target: Toy Story Jeep Found In U.S.

Postby Solscud007 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:42 pm

I just found a bunch here in NY. I posted up a review on EB.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.p ... opic=48458

To answer some questions about "Why would people, like me, buy this?"

1. It was only $2.99 at my target.
2. I dont have a lot of spare legos. I have an ok collection but they are all whole sets and i dont tear them apart to build anything else.
3. I already have the 4 pack of Green Army Men.
Solscud007

Postby onions » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:53 pm

just curious why not a review here as well?
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Solscud007 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:57 pm

I tried but I post my reviews at 800x600. Im too lazy to resize the pics. sorry.
Solscud007

Postby sgtrock515 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:31 pm

I was hoping they would put it out again seeing how I passed up on it the first time.
Jack of all trades and master of none.
sgtrock515

Postby Athos » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:32 pm

They had about 2 dozen (give or take) at the Target in St. George UT for $2.99/each. Also they had the miniscale ARC fighter mixed in too, along with a goofy looking racers boat...

Steve
Athos

Postby Solscud007 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:29 am

Really? Can you scan the ARC fighter and post the DPCI number?
Solscud007

Postby Nannan » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:51 pm

Morgan19 wrote:My Target had the same price/tag switcheroos listed on the shelf and in the system, confirmed tonight by both a price checker and at checkout... The X-Wing rang up at $2.99 and was listed with some non-SW id, while a City police speedboat thingy rang up at $3.99 and was listed as the X-Wing.

m19

Seconded at a Target I went to. $3 is a great deal for over 60 parts.
Nannan

Postby Puddleglum » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:02 pm

At my Target the X-Wing was specifically tagged as being on sale/marked down. The shelf tag said something like $2.99, originally $3.49. They hardly had any of them for Easter, but they seem to have tons this time around, they must have finally caught on that these little Star Wars impulse sets are popular.
Im in ur flickr
Puddleglum

Postby solo606 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:54 am

My local Target had the X-Wing, Toys Story Jeep and World racers set all for $2.99 each.
solo606

Postby Mandalorian Candidat » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:21 am

The original post mentions that the Army men bag was found at checkout but I have yet to see anything but the City helicopter. Are you guys finding this in the XMas section?
Mandalorian Candidat

Postby Puddleglum » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:18 am

Athos wrote:They had about 2 dozen (give or take) at the Target in St. George UT for $2.99/each. Also they had the miniscale ARC fighter mixed in too, along with a goofy looking racers boat...

Steve

You must mean mini-scale X-Wing, not ARC fighter. The mini ARC fighter is a set from 2005.
Im in ur flickr
Puddleglum

Postby Morgan19 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:19 am

Mandalorian Candidat wrote:The original post mentions that the Army men bag was found at checkout but I have yet to see anything but the City helicopter. Are you guys finding this in the XMas section?

I haven't hit up my DE Target since returning from vacation yet, but the one out in San Diego had the helicopter and Army man randomly interspersed throughout the various checkout lines: a few lanes had the helicopter, then a couple with the Army men, then back to the helicopter, etc.

The Christmas section there had both the Army man and World Racers jet ski, but no helicopter.

m19
Last edited by Morgan19 on Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Morgan19

Postby MrCRskater » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:07 am

Does anyone know any special hiding places where I could find this jeep? I've searched all 3 of my local targets, looked in the seasonal aisles, LEGO aisles, and checkout lanes, but no army men jeep. All that's turned up is the World Racers jetski, X-wing, City 'copter, and a City police set. Where are they hiding the jeeps?!
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby Mandalorian Candidat » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:10 am

MrCRskater wrote:Does anyone know any special hiding places where I could find this jeep? I've searched all 3 of my local targets, looked in the seasonal aisles, LEGO aisles, and checkout lanes, but no army men jeep. All that's turned up is the World Racers jetski, X-wing, City 'copter, and a City police set. Where are they hiding the jeeps?!

The Targets in my area are usually good about putting stuff out when they get it in and it is rare when they sell out fast. I'm thinking mine just hasn't gotten the TS polybag in yet. In fact, the XMas toy aisle is still being put together. Maybe yours is in the same boat.
Mandalorian Candidat

Postby Puddleglum » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:49 am

Some more whackiness at on of my Targets. Only polybag sets I saw were the mini X-Wing, a huge pile of police boats (30002, according to BL it is a 2009 set), and the Atlantis Octopus (30040).

The X-Wing was clearly marked as an X-Wing, and the price was $2.99.

The bin holding the police boat sets said "Star Wars/TS3 Asst" and was marked $3.99. I didn't buy any but I assume that's what they would ring up for, since it has a minifig.

The Ocotopus was in the checkout lanes, hanging from tags that said "Star Wars/TS3 Asst" and marked $2.99

:S

The Octopus rang up at the register as "Star Wars" for $3.99. (!?) They gave me the $2.99 price though since it was right there for the cashier to see. I don't recall if others reported the Octopus as $2.99 or $3.99?

At any rate, I think stores (and LEGO) are figuring out that there is plenty of demand for these polybag sets around christmas, there seems to be both a greater variety of sets this year, as well as a larger supply at individual stores.

At Target so far we have seen polybag sets for:
Mini X-Wing, Racers, Police, Fire, TS3, and Atlantis (6 different sets!)

At TRU there is also the Imperial Speeder Bike and I saw a bunch of Creator snow men recently as well. (30008)
Im in ur flickr
Puddleglum

Postby popnfresh » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:38 pm

I found these today, and there were two types of the ts3 jeep

the first one was a smaller square bag that rang up 3.99, it looked to be an older style
the second one was a bigger, rectangular bag that rang up 2.99, there were far more of these and they looked newer, crisper

the set numbers were the same, but obviously the barcode on the back was different
popnfresh

Postby twentythree » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:30 am

After looking at 3 stores in the last week I finally found myself a Jeep. These polybags make great stocking stuffers.
"I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
"What I told you was true...from a certain point of view" - Obi Wan Kenobi
"A lion, a witch, and a wardrobe walk into a bar...stop me if you've heard this one" - me
twentythree

Previous

Return to Finds/Deals