Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

8098 CTT Cheap on Amazon

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

8098 CTT Cheap on Amazon

Postby Staff » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am


8098 Clone Turbo Tank


Maybe not as cheap as you were hoping, but if you were looking to take advantage of the sale price of 8098 Clone Turbo Tank at Toys'R'Us.com but decided to act on it too late and realize now it's sold out, you can pick one up at Amazon.com for $89.24. Free shipping and no tax to most states make this a far better deal anyway.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2010/10/09/8098-ctt-cheap-on-amazon/
Staff
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:19 pm

Re: 8098 CTT Cheap on Amazon

Postby ThatGuyWithTheBricks » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:23 am

Meh, maybe I'll get this. But it's not really a better deal because we could of had 30%+20%=50% off!
I build it so you don't have to!
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/people/36880009@N02/
For the record, if you want to refer to me but don't want to type my name, call me TGWTB.
ThatGuyWithTheBricks
 
Posts: 452
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:23 pm

Re: 8098 CTT Cheap on Amazon

Postby Arkov » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:14 am

I got it, and this time I remembered to click through your link.
Arkov
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:21 am

Re: 8098 CTT Cheap on Amazon

Postby ricefields » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:38 am

ThatGuyWithTheBricks wrote:Meh, maybe I'll get this. But it's not really a better deal because we could of had 30%+20%=50% off!


For your information, you don't add stackable discounts that way. You take the 20% off the remaining 70% or 14% so its 44% off the original price. But I get your point, this is only 25% off (or could be 30% off depending on your state and if you are in a tax free state with respect to amazon).
ricefields
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:53 pm
Location: ON CAN

Re: 8098 CTT Cheap on Amazon

Postby onions » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:46 am

ThatGuyWithTheBricks wrote:Meh, maybe I'll get this. But it's not really a better deal because we could of had 30%+20%=50% off!



actually for you it's a better deal because you failed to take advantage of the tru one.
onions
Founder
Founder
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:45 pm

Re: 8098 CTT Cheap on Amazon

Postby ThatGuyWithTheBricks » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:47 pm

onions wrote:
ThatGuyWithTheBricks wrote:Meh, maybe I'll get this. But it's not really a better deal because we could of had 30%+20%=50% off!



actually for you it's a better deal because you failed to take advantage of the tru one.


I actually think I'll pass this one up. I think there'll be better deals in the future. As for the TRU sale, I only waited because I wanted to see if anyone would want me to buy one for them....no one did. :facepalm:
I build it so you don't have to!
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/people/36880009@N02/
For the record, if you want to refer to me but don't want to type my name, call me TGWTB.
ThatGuyWithTheBricks
 
Posts: 452
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:23 pm

Re: 8098 CTT Cheap on Amazon

Postby onions » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:50 pm

kinda of a dice roll to wait on discounts. but i remember last year there being some crazy good savings at toys r us stores.
onions
Founder
Founder
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:45 pm

Re: 8098 CTT Cheap on Amazon

Postby The Brain » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:55 pm

ThatGuyWithTheBricks wrote:I actually think I'll pass this one up. I think there'll be better deals in the future. As for the TRU sale, I only waited because I wanted to see if anyone would want me to buy one for them....no one did. :facepalm:


That would probably be because anyone who wanted one bought one themselves...

Frankly, passing up the TRU deal if you were interested in this set and had the means to purchase it was foolish--I only missed out because my spending cash is depleted. This Amazon deal is really, really good for a non-holiday sale. Just my own personal opinion, but if you can grab it now you should--you can't guarantee that there will be a better sale down the road, and if there is, you might not be fortunate enough to get one while it's in stock.
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain
 
Posts: 489
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:27 pm
Location: Trapped inside a skull, yearning to be free!


Return to Finds/Deals

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests