Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[USA] ToysRUs LEGO Bricktober Sale

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Re: Bricktober Begins!

Postby Prince Kahuka » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:10 pm

BlueDragonZ wrote:To add on to the list, don't forget the games too. All of them are 30% off including
3837 Monster 4 $10.49 (reg.$14.99)
3840 Pirate Code $13.99 (reg.$19.99)
3843 Ramses Pyramid $20.99 (reg. $29.99)
3851 Atlantis Treasure $17.49 (reg.$24.99)

It seems all games are not on sale in store, even if they are on sale online. I picked up Atlantis Treasure today and it rang up $24.99. The store manager is the one who rang me up, and she couldn't explain why it didn't ring up on sale when their ad said all LEGO sets and games on sale. I told her I didn't mind paying full price since the main reason I was there was to pick up the week 1 Bricktober minifig. I called Toys R Us customer service when I got home to ask them about the price discrepancy and was told that "the ad states over 250 LEGO sets and games, not every LEGO set and game." (The ad does state all LEGO on sale though, but I didn't argue this with her.) I told her that this same game was on sale online at 30% off, and she said that online pricing and in store pricing were different things, and I was welcome to return the product in store and buy it online. :(
Prince Kahuka

Re: [USA] ToysRUs LEGO Bricktober Sale

Postby combattank » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:01 am

At the TRU I went to they were already out of the Week 1 Bricktober minifig. They said that each store gets like 50 or something. Actually, I usually miss out on most of the free item giveaways with minimum purchases at TRU cause of lack of supply. Do you usually have to go the first day of the promotion to get the item?

On some of the in-store signs, I read that the in-store Lego games were only 10% off and that the 30% off certain Lego items couldn't be combined with the free bricktober minifig (in smaller print on the signs). I am guessing that each store can set its own policies or "interpretations" when it comes to sales? Since they didn't have the Bricktober figure, I didn't actually try to make a purchase to see if any of the in-store sales actually conflicted though.
combattank

Postby Vegaxe » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:03 am

Picked up Lavatraz, love the big rock dude in that set :)

A question, since they will be offering a new minifig each week in October, does anyone know if they will have different sets on sale each week? Like, a different high profile star wars set each week... this week it is the clone turbo tank. Hope different sets get the 30% off treatment each week.

I guess no one would know unless you are a toysrus emaployee... but have they done a promotion like this in past years?
Vegaxe

Postby ted @ndes » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:18 am

I went to a TRU store yesterday and was considering buying one of the discounted space sets. I saw the same thing as combattank. Reading the fine print on one of the sales signs, it said that discounted purchases did not count toward the $20 to qualify for the Bricktober figure... :shock: ... I just walked right back out after reading that. It's always something with these guys... I'd rather get double VIP points this month.
ted @ndes
Alpha Male

Postby solo606 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:16 am

Just an FYI, the discounted sets counted towards the $20 for me at my TRU.
I would sya try it, most cashiers at my TRU are clueless to the fine print.
solo606

Postby Drock » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:52 am

ted @ndes wrote:I went to a TRU store yesterday and was considering buying one of the discounted space sets. I saw the same thing as combattank. Reading the fine print on one of the sales signs, it said that discounted purchases did not count toward the $20 to qualify for the Bricktober figure... :shock: ... I just walked right back out after reading that. It's always something with these guys... I'd rather get double VIP points this month.

Maybe different stores/regions can make different rules. But, I thought I read that on the sign too. Until I read it a couple of times and realized the sign was just saying that the 30% off sets didn't qualify for the "10% off of everything." I bought the CTT Sunday and got the magnet minifig and 10 Geoffrey bucks. No one said anything about it.
Drock

Postby SDIronClaw » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:38 am

Went to TRU last night, they def hiked the prices up on all the sets. After looking at the CTT, was going to just walk away, but the wife bought it for me. We got the $10 gift card and mini figure as well. Stopped at Target on the way home...no Cad Bane Speeder, or Series 2 Minis. I did however pick up a couple S2MF this weekend at Target, ended up getting Pam Anderson, and Ponch.
"I find your lack of Lego disturbing."
SDIronClaw

Postby onions » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:06 am

SDIronClaw wrote:Went to TRU last night, they def hiked the prices up on all the sets.

you're just figuring this out now?
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby SDIronClaw » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:16 pm

onions wrote:
SDIronClaw wrote:Went to TRU last night, they def hiked the prices up on all the sets.

No, I think it was about 5 years ago actually.

I was just addtionally stating the prices were 5 to 10 dollars higher....like someone stated yesterday.
SDIronClaw

Postby slisa51 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:33 pm

I have alot of TRU stores around me and I was at quite a few of them today. I also noticed the sign that said the Mini-figure does'nt qualify with the 30% off but it worked fine for me several times today. At most of the stores they were handing out any of the 4 Mini-figures, and I saw nothing on there boxes saying which one to give out each week. It was just a cardboard box with about 20 of each figure in seperate bags, and they asked me which one I wanted. Its only tuesday of week 1 and some of the stores are already out of the Black Falcon Figure. Another bad note was that I went to 5 stores and none of them had the Police Station in stock.
slisa51

Postby anakinisvader » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:09 pm

Hey everyone, if you go to toysrus.com you can use this code 940710 to get 20% off your purchase of $75 or more valid from 10/3 to 10/9. It will stack on top of the 30% off sale and if you spend over $100 you get free shipping to boot. I got 2 Clone Turbo tanks for $153 and change including tax and free shipping. Thats about $77 a pop :shock: . Hope it still works. Oh yeah, they also gave me a bricktober magnet figure. :shock:
anakinisvader

Postby fredjh » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:29 pm

onions wrote:

No... it's extra worse now. They are claiming $15 for the MSRP $12 Star Wars battlepacks... it used to be like $13; so now they are 10% off $15... $13.50 on sale, while MSRP is $12 :|

And so I was in TRU (for another reason), and I ran by the LEGO section to see if there was anything I could possibly want with any kind of reasonable discount so that I could get a figure, and there simply was nothing that interested me that wasn't still a ripoff - anything I wanted was still over MSRP, even on sale.

I was even thinking about the HP game, but it was $39.99!!! :shock:

Sorry, the minifigures just aren't that important enough to me to reward TRU for that kind of garbage.
fredjh

Postby slisa51 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:58 am

anakinisvader wrote:Hey everyone, if you go to toysrus.com you can use this code 940710 to get 20% off your purchase of $75 or more valid from 10/3 to 10/9. It will stack on top of the 30% off sale and if you spend over $100 you get free shipping to boot. I got 2 Clone Turbo tanks for $153 and change including tax and free shipping. Thats about $77 a pop :shock: . Hope it still works. Oh yeah, they also gave me a bricktober magnet figure. :shock:

Thanks so much for this code. It is the best deal I've seen on Lego in years. I picked up a bunch of sets that I have been waiting on. Using my TRU credit card and rewards card the Turbo Tank came out to $71.15 including tax and free shipping.
slisa51

Postby Isaac5 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:10 am

Is monster 4 still on sale? and would i find it on sale in in store too? cause i want that set, but it is priced to high, at 15 dollars.
Isaac5

Postby Vegaxe » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:24 am

anakinisvader wrote:Hey everyone, if you go to toysrus.com you can use this code 940710 to get 20% off your purchase of $75 or more valid from 10/3 to 10/9. It will stack on top of the 30% off sale and if you spend over $100 you get free shipping to boot. I got 2 Clone Turbo tanks for $153 and change including tax and free shipping. Thats about $77 a pop :shock: . Hope it still works. Oh yeah, they also gave me a bricktober magnet figure. :shock:

Thanks, that is some nice discounts! Picked up AT-AT and the Police station for $146 total, after taxes.... free shipping. Those two sets are $119 and $99 normally... before taxes. Took a chance thinking that the AT-AT was not going to go on any big sell due to that being the exclusive toysrus set. I usually try to stay away from toysrus due to their common markup on prices.
Vegaxe

Postby preterosso » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:34 am

Many, many thanks for this -- it'll be a LEGO SW Christmas at our house . . . again! :D
_______
Just Phil
preterosso

Postby vman100 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:05 am

I had ordered 2 Fire Brigades off the TRU website using the 20% off code, so the total was only $108 each for them (free shipping and shipped them to my office in DC where there is no TRU so didn't have to pay tax). They arrived today - shipped in the original Lego packing box which contains holds two sets - completely smashed to bits. Both boxes have major damage from crushing - so bad that the sealing tape on the side of the boxes was almost compeltely off of them (or someone had already opened them - not sure). Highly annoying! I want to replace them, but they are out of stock now so at best they will just give me my money back - do you think if I wait a week or so they might restock and send me new ones to replace the damaged ones?
vman100

Postby SDIronClaw » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:53 am

Man, if only I would have waited another day, could have saved another $20. Thanks for the info though...good stuff.
SDIronClaw

Postby onions » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:12 am

use our affiliate link please XD

onions
Damp Noodle

Postby ThatGuyWithTheBricks » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:09 am

onions wrote:use our affiliate link please XD

Just wondering, does most of the money you make come from that?
I build it so you don't have to!
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/people/36880009@N02/
For the record, if you want to refer to me but don't want to type my name, call me TGWTB.
ThatGuyWithTheBricks

PreviousNext

Return to Finds/Deals