Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[USA] S@H Series 2 Collectible Minifigures

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Re: [USA] S@H Series 2 Collectible Minifigures

Postby JamesBenjamin » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:40 pm

that guy wrote: *snip*

I can also tell you that yesterday EE got in a large but shorted order from what their original P.O. to Lego was for series 2. I for one had a large wholesale order with them and it was cut almost in half and my understanding is that the allocation they got was about 50-60% of their placed order (they won't discuss exact numbers). They also cut back on wholesale fulfillment and reserved extra for the retail side of their business (which I fully expected since they jacked the prices up) and they said they may allow those items to come back to the wholesale side if there's any left after they've sat on the retail side for a while. Oh well, life goes on.....

Jeez, looks like I'll be calling them tomorrow. So long as I get one case I'm happy I suppose. I had ordered 3.
We are such stuff as manure is made of, so let's drink up and forget it... -Eugiene O'Neill
JamesBenjamin

Postby that guy » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:00 am

JamesBenjamin wrote:

I can also tell you that yesterday EE got in a large but shorted order from what their original P.O. to Lego was for series 2. I for one had a large wholesale order with them and it was cut almost in half and my understanding is that the allocation they got was about 50-60% of their placed order (they won't discuss exact numbers). They also cut back on wholesale fulfillment and reserved extra for the retail side of their business (which I fully expected since they jacked the prices up) and they said they may allow those items to come back to the wholesale side if there's any left after they've sat on the retail side for a while. Oh well, life goes on.....

Jeez, looks like I'll be calling them tomorrow. So long as I get one case I'm happy I suppose. I had ordered 3.

I'm pulling for you. Maybe on smaller orders they'll fulfill them at a higher percentage?
that guy

Postby legodavee123 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:13 am

bobalego wrote:If I do not open a Spartan figure in my assortment I will quit LEGO fo rat least a few weeks :facepalm:

According to the posted stats on FBTB, Classic-Castle, and Eurobricks, the odds of receiving a Spartan are roughly 52%-58%, depending on how many you ordered. Purely mathematically, your odds are better-- around 65%.

DaveE
legodavee123

Postby liquidcross » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:19 am

I have yet to find any of the series 2 minifigs anywhere outside of LEGO's website. I've pretty much given up at this point.
(and don't forget Text and Violence)
liquidcross

Postby that guy » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:22 am

legodavee123 wrote:
bobalego wrote:If I do not open a Spartan figure in my assortment I will quit LEGO fo rat least a few weeks :facepalm:

According to the posted stats on FBTB, Classic-Castle, and Eurobricks, the odds of receiving a Spartan are roughly 52%-58%, depending on how many you ordered. Purely mathematically, your odds are better-- around 65%.

DaveE

I've gotten 5 sets of 16 from S@H so far and out of that I've gotten about 3 Spartans from what I remember. On a side note, if I never see another Ringmaster or Cop again it'll be too soon............
that guy

Postby fdwang » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:54 am

From the other Series 2 thread

Re: LEGO Collectible Minifigures Series 2 Images - Updated!
by MicroJow » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:13 pm

For what it's worth, here's the info I was given today by a Lego Store manager who has never steered me wrong in the past (although there's a first time for everything, right?) In order to get Walmart & Target interested in picking up Series 3 & 4, Lego sent them a small supply of Series 2 as a test run. This supply came out of the Lego Store stock, online distributor stock, Diamond Distributing's stock, etc... a few cases here, a few cases there... but Series 2 was produced in the same numbers as Series 1.

It might appear Series 2 had a higher production run, but that's because four major stores got them all within the same 2-week period (TRU, Target, Walmart, and the Lego Store.) Both Target and Walmart have received all they are going to get of Series 2 - it was estimated that each store would receive no more than 2 boxes.

Series 2 has been easier to find than Series 1 only because it hit all at once. It will dry up faster than Series 1 because there are no more cases to send to stores. So if you have the opportunity to get these and think you might want them, GET THEM NOW.

- MJMicroJow
fdwang

Postby CJF28 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:31 am

Ordered 12 from s@h and got:

0 Skier
1 Karate Champ
3 Witch
0 Vampire
0 Surfers
1 Spartans
1 Mariachi Players
4 Lifeguards
3 Ringleaders
0 Pop Singers
2 Pharaohs
0 Motorcycle Cops
0 Weightlifters
0 Disco DJs
0 Explorer
1 Mimes
CJF28

Postby JamesBenjamin » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:00 am

that guy wrote:
JamesBenjamin wrote:

I'm pulling for you. Maybe on smaller orders they'll fulfill them at a higher percentage?

Well, so long as I get one of my three cases, I'm good. The excess was to sell anyway. Though, I just went to call them and I checked the status of my order online and it now says "processing" and that the items are in stock, so we'll see.
We are such stuff as manure is made of, so let's drink up and forget it... -Eugiene O'Neill
JamesBenjamin

Postby CJF28 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:08 am

Second lot of 16 from S@H

0 Skier
0 Karate Champ
2 Witch
1 Vampire
0 Surfers
1 Spartans
1 Mariachi Players
1 Lifeguards
2 Ringleaders
0 Pop Singers
1 Pharaohs
2 Motorcycle Cops
1 Weightlifters
1 Disco DJs
1 Explorer
2 Mimes

Nice assortment. 12 out of 16 figures
CJF28

Postby J30spiff » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:21 pm

My sister ordered her niece and nephew some minifigs from S@H. This is the 3rd order we've received from S@H. Total of 3 orders in ( ). This order yielded 10 out of 16 figures. Out of 3 orders we've received 15 out of 16 figures. No Surfers. The Ringmaster (7), Traffic Cop(6) and Weightlifter(6) were the most plentiful. Only got 1 Spartan, 1 Pop Star, 1 Explorer and 1 Downhill Skier. I have extras now to trade now.

0(2) Pharaoh
1(4) Vampire
1(1) Spartan
0(2) Disco Dude
0(1) Pop Star
2(7) Ringmaster
1(5) Lifeguard
1(1) Explorer
1(2) Karate Master
0(0) Surfer
1(4) Witch
4(4) Mime
3(6) Traffic Cop
0(2) Maraca Man
0(1) Downhill Skier
1(6) Weightlifter
J30spiff

Postby fredjh » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:30 pm

I'll trade you something for a surfer (or two) if you want... none of those ones you got in abundance, though... I got them in abundance as well (edit: except a vampire might be nice). Maybe a series 1, or something completely different. I'm in the US, too.
fredjh

Postby onions » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:25 am

take trades to b/s/t or pm please
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby etcknight » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:44 pm

CJF28 wrote:found this at walmart

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak- ... 7422_n.jpg

And pulled 5 Spartans out of it. Im in Vancouver, WA

Cory

this may start a local stampede to Walmarts - but I found a fresh box of these at a Walmart today . . . and pulled out 11 spartans!!!!!! :shock: I didn't need that many so I left a few in the box, but I was shocked when I kept finding them!!! Not sure if this means the ratio at Walmarts are more random, or if all Walmart boxes are like this, but this was a real surprise for me.
etcknight

Postby popnfresh » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:15 pm

etcknight wrote:this may start a local stampede to Walmarts - but I found a fresh box of these at a Walmart today . . . and pulled out 11 spartans!!!!!! :shock: I didn't need that many so I left a few in the box, but I was shocked when I kept finding them!!! Not sure if this means the ratio at Walmarts are more random, or if all Walmart boxes are like this, but this was a real surprise for me.

wow, where in socal? this might be worth the drive, hopefully the entire region is stocked then
popnfresh

Postby kibosh » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:58 am

etcknight wrote:
CJF28 wrote:found this at walmart

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak- ... 7422_n.jpg

And pulled 5 Spartans out of it. Im in Vancouver, WA

Cory

this may start a local stampede to Walmarts - but I found a fresh box of these at a Walmart today . . . and pulled out 11 spartans!!!!!! :shock: I didn't need that many so I left a few in the box, but I was shocked when I kept finding them!!! Not sure if this means the ratio at Walmarts are more random, or if all Walmart boxes are like this, but this was a real surprise for me.

I too found a fresh-ish* case of figures at Walmart. It yielded only 5 spartans though. The figure I'm having the hardest time finding is the pharoah. In this case, I only found two out of approx. 120 bags.

*the case was opened and displayed when I found it, but it was in the towel aisle (no clue...), and was jam packed. Just can't be sure no one else got to it first.
Check out my daily Lego picture at alegoaday.com.
kibosh

Postby ufjason » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:30 am

The boxes that the figures come in at walmart are endcap hangers that were custom made for them. The production on these was different so it's not surprising that they don't follow the same ratios that the standard case boxes have. I'm going to take a look at my WM's today and see what I find.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby fdwang » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:39 am

Mini Figures in the towel aisle? I gotta go thru more thoughly my walmats in No. Cal, as I have yet to find any that carry the minifigures. I need to add to my spartan collection. I only have 12 so far.
fdwang

Postby mr_joshua » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:11 pm

They were in the cheap dollar toy / clearance isle in my local walmart. The last place we looked. We went by a supercenter assuming they might have them too but they didnt. Just take your opened series two bag with you to have the store scan it and they can locate them for you. Saves you the gas from driving 10+ miles to find out that a certain store wont be getting any.
mr_joshua

Postby pharmjod » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:35 pm

I had the nicest walmart employee ever today go back to the stockroom and pull out a sealed case for me. It only had 5 spartans in it, so if the other reports are accurate here, the assortment is very different for this batch. I checked all of them 2 or 3 times and there were for sure only the 5 in the assortment. I'm curious to see some other stores get it and find out if there is any pattern at all. Didn't check the breakdown of other figures.
pharmjod

Postby kibosh » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:04 am

Just got my order of 16 from S@H. The good? I got a spartan. The bad? I only got 9 unique figures.

1x spartan
3x witch
2x cop
1x explorer
2x weightlifter
1x surfer
3x lifeguard
2x ring master
1x mexican
Check out my daily Lego picture at alegoaday.com.
kibosh

PreviousNext

Return to Finds/Deals