Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[USA] S@H Series 2 Collectible Minifigures

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Re: [USA] S@H Series 2 Collectible Minifigures

Postby that guy » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:46 pm

SonOfSolo wrote:
that guy wrote:IMHO it's a sense of entitlement that some people have that every store should be about the same either for the sake of people's convenience or greed and when that doesn't happen all heck breaks loose.


Funny you mentioned the word greed from a consumers point of view when the greed factor is clearly shown here by Target. You say "it's only a dollar". But how many dollars on how many figures. I understand that pricing happens. Like for oil or products that cost more to make etc. But these have already been paid for by Target, pricing was established, items were sold, and due to popularity, prices were raised. Not because Lego raised Targets price point but because of GREED!


Hey, I'm not arguing that it isn't greed in play here, or at least capitalizing on a hot item....hmmmm let me think, can anyone say Tickle me Elmo, Zhu Zhu pets, etc...... but at the end of the day, move on to a store that makes you happy and provides a good service.

As a traveling management trainer I'm reminded of a story I used to open my seminars with...

I would ask the group how many people have been disappointed after shopping in a Walmart. Inevitably almost everyone in the room would raise their hands. I'd go on to tell them that I've NEVER been disappointed after shopping in a Walmart and I'd get gasps from the from to the back of the room. I'd go on to tell them that I never was disappointed because I never went into Walmart with any expectations, and thus I never left disappointed. Moral of the story is if you set your expectation counter to the environment you're entering based on anecdotal evidence from people you talk to or hear from you will most likely leave disappointed. I will agree that Target messed up big time by changing the price mid-stream however that doesn't surprise me because of who they are and what they offer. And to your point, there are about 1700 Target stores domestically, and if each store got 2 boxes that's about 200k minifigs, which after the price increase nets them an additional $200k and trust me, at the end of the day that's peanuts for them but still an extra margin they chose to squeak out. I don't begrudge them at all for the $3 price, it just the way they handled it that's not right, but again, I honestly don't think people would be a peeved about it had they just started out at $2.99. Then people would've just been bummed but it wouldn't be such an issue. And again I ask.....how about those Yankees? ;)
that guy
 
Posts: 492
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:04 am

Re: [USA] S@H Series 2 Collectible Minifigures

Postby Dendo » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:55 pm

Ordered 12 from s@h and got:

1 Skier
1 Karate Champ
2 Witch
0 Vampire
2 Surfers
1 Spartans
1 Mariachi Players
0 Lifeguards
0 Ringleaders
1 Pop Singers
1 Pharaohs
1 Motorcycle Cops
1 Weightlifters
0 Disco DJs
0 Explorer
0 Mimes

Not a bad haul. I got most of what I wanted.
Dendo
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:20 am

Re: [USA] S@H Series 2 Collectible Minifigures

Postby JamesBenjamin » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:58 pm

Mister Ed wrote:snip:

On the topic of price fixing, I'm kind of curious, doesn't the fact that publishers routinely PRINT the prices on books kind of skirt the edges of legality? I mean, sure, stores CAN charge more, but having the price printed right on the item makes it a lot harder to pull that off. Printing the price on an item doesn't LEGALLY force a store to sell it for that, but in most cases it PRACTICALLY forces them to, because I suspect people are FAR less likely to buy something for more than MSRP if it is printed right on there.


Next time you're in a Borders or a B & N, notice that they have a sticker larger than the original barcode over said barcode. If you were to scan the barcode on the sticker, it would read the exact same UPC number as the barcode underneath. Why would they waste a sticker then? Because that sticker also covers the price (noted above) with their own price.

Sneaky, eh?
We are such stuff as manure is made of, so let's drink up and forget it... -Eugiene O'Neill
JamesBenjamin
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:14 pm
Location: Northern VA.

Re: [USA] S@H Series 2 Collectible Minifigures

Postby CJF28 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:54 pm

found this at walmart

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak- ... 7422_n.jpg

And pulled 5 Spartans out of it. Im in Vancouver, WA


Cory
CJF28
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:49 am
Location: Vancouver, WA

Re: [USA] S@H Series 2 Collectible Minifigures

Postby etcknight » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:53 pm

CJF28 wrote:found this at walmart

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak- ... 7422_n.jpg

And pulled 5 Spartans out of it. Im in Vancouver, WA


Cory

The store lady was nice enough to give me the empty box. Now I have something to display my figures in! XD
Image
etcknight
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:21 pm
Location: Sunny So Cal

Re: [USA] S@H Series 2 Collectible Minifigures

Postby pacific493 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:40 am

CJF28 wrote:found this at walmart

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak- ... 7422_n.jpg

And pulled 5 Spartans out of it. Im in Vancouver, WA


Cory


Seeing that makes me think that there are going to be a lot more S2 figures available than S1 figures and that they will be available for a lot longer. I doubt that either Lego or Walmart would have gone to the trouble or expense of making an endcap display like that if the store would only be selling a case or two of the figs.
pacific493
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 11:56 am

Re: [USA] S@H Series 2 Collectible Minifigures

Postby Mister Ed » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:04 am

JamesBenjamin wrote:
Mister Ed wrote:snip:

On the topic of price fixing, I'm kind of curious, doesn't the fact that publishers routinely PRINT the prices on books kind of skirt the edges of legality? I mean, sure, stores CAN charge more, but having the price printed right on the item makes it a lot harder to pull that off. Printing the price on an item doesn't LEGALLY force a store to sell it for that, but in most cases it PRACTICALLY forces them to, because I suspect people are FAR less likely to buy something for more than MSRP if it is printed right on there.


Next time you're in a Borders or a B & N, notice that they have a sticker larger than the original barcode over said barcode. If you were to scan the barcode on the sticker, it would read the exact same UPC number as the barcode underneath. Why would they waste a sticker then? Because that sticker also covers the price (noted above) with their own price.

Sneaky, eh?


It would be sneakier if a.) I had ever actually seen a book priced at higher than MSRP in Borders or B&N (I haven't), and b.) if the prices on Hardcover books was anywhere near the barcode (it isn't, it's on the inside jacket flap). Given the fact that they don't seem to inflate the prices, and the sticker doesn't even cover the printed price on HCs, there must be some other, less sneaky, reason they go to the bother of using the stickers...
Mister Ed
 
Posts: 1152
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:18 pm

Re: [USA] S@H Series 2 Collectible Minifigures

Postby J30spiff » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:10 am

CJF28 wrote:found this at walmart

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak- ... 7422_n.jpg

And pulled 5 Spartans out of it. Im in Vancouver, WA


Cory

Nice to see an actual photo of the Walmart layout. The local TRU has a different but pretty similar setup.
J30spiff
 
Posts: 175
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:33 pm
Location: Connecticut, USA

Re: [USA] S@H Series 2 Collectible Minifigures

Postby kibosh » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:41 am

Why, oh why, was Series 1 in such small supply? I never did see a single bag "in the wild". S2 seems to be overproduced (based on these displays) and will likely lead to peg warmers. That will then jeopardize future series production...
Check out my daily Lego picture at alegoaday.com.
kibosh
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:08 am

Re: [USA] S@H Series 2 Collectible Minifigures

Postby ufjason » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:43 am

kibosh wrote:Why, oh why, was Series 1 in such small supply? I never did see a single bag "in the wild". S2 seems to be overproduced (based on these displays) and will likely lead to peg warmers. That will then jeopardize future series production...


I have yet to see minifigs peg warm. Most of my Targets that have these have sold out now after a week or two. Most people don't know they're in the halloween aisle. Every TRU sells out almost immediately. I haven't looked into borders since I got everything i wanted from tru and target. I doubt these will last anywhere long even in the quantities they're making them. They're cheap enough to fill in that impulse buy for a child screaming for a toy in a store. I just saw the pics of series 3 and they're much better than the series 2 lineup. These will continue to do well, even in mass production.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason
 
Posts: 479
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:45 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: [USA] S@H Series 2 Collectible Minifigures

Postby fredjh » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:05 pm

Second set from S@H:

1 Mariachi Guy
2 Mimes
1 Patrol Officer
3 Weightlifter :facepalm: (great, now I can MOC a gay gym - not that there's anything wrong with that)
2 Disco Guys (great, now I can MOC a gay disco - not that there's anything wrong with that)
1 Pharaoh
2 Lifeguards
1 Surfer
2 Witches
1 Martial Arts Guy
0 Spartans >:(
0 Pop Singers >:(
0 Vampires >:(
0 Explorers >:(
0 Ringmasters :)
0 Skiers :|
fredjh
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:46 am
Location: Lilburn, GA

Re: [USA] S@H Series 2 Collectible Minifigures

Postby etcknight » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:05 pm

pacific493 wrote:Seeing that makes me think that there are going to be a lot more S2 figures available than S1 figures and that they will be available for a lot longer. I doubt that either Lego or Walmart would have gone to the trouble or expense of making an endcap display like that if the store would only be selling a case or two of the figs.

Hopefully they'll be around for awhile, and I can collect my Spartan army. XD Local Walmarts are hit-or-miss, same as Targets. Hopefully, they won't end up as peg warmers and the popularity will bode well for future collections. I've seen the pics of Series 3 - can't wait for the elf! Although, I agree he should look more serene and the ears should be more prominent. There are also a lot less unique parts being produced for Series 3. Guess we'll see how it ends up. Been pretty happy with the quality so far though. :)
Image
etcknight
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:21 pm
Location: Sunny So Cal

Re: [USA] S@H Series 2 Collectible Minifigures

Postby Draykov » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:07 pm

kibosh wrote:Why, oh why, was Series 1 in such small supply? I never did see a single bag "in the wild". S2 seems to be overproduced (based on these displays) and will likely lead to peg warmers. That will then jeopardize future series production...


I think it's largely because 1) it was a new marketing strategy with some risk involved and 2) short-sighted retailers didn't buy into it. Once they realized there was a fever out there, the only cure being more cowb...er...minifigs...retailers like TRU, Target and Wal-Mart got on the bandwagon. Rumor had it that Series 2 was supposedly going to be as limited a run as Series 1, with Series 3 being the first one to be widely/wildly available. Maybe someone at LEGO kicked the conveyor belt into overdrive for these series 2 figs though.
Hail Space!
Image
Draykov
 
Posts: 1775
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:14 pm
Location: Lone Star

Re: [USA] S@H Series 2 Collectible Minifigures

Postby vynsane » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:51 pm

Draykov wrote:Rumor had it that Series 2 was supposedly going to be as limited a run as Series 1, with Series 3 being the first one to be widely/wildly available. Maybe someone at LEGO kicked the conveyor belt into overdrive for these series 2 figs though.


Speculation was two-fold: One part being the above theory, and the second half being that LEGO reallocated a good portion of the production run of Series 2 originally intended for the European market (thought to be originally ordered/produced in equal numbers to CMFs1, seeing as how they were solicited simultaneously) to meet the apparently unexpectedly high demand on this side of the pond.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Brickset reviews
vynsane
 
Posts: 311
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:57 am

Re: [USA] S@H Series 2 Collectible Minifigures

Postby CJF28 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:36 pm

etcknight wrote:Hopefully they'll be around for awhile, and I can collect my Spartan army. XD :)


Right now Im sitting at 14 Spartans, and I have one possibly two orders coming from S@H
CJF28
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:49 am
Location: Vancouver, WA

Re: [USA] S@H Series 2 Collectible Minifigures

Postby that guy » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:53 pm

Draykov wrote:
kibosh wrote:Why, oh why, was Series 1 in such small supply? I never did see a single bag "in the wild". S2 seems to be overproduced (based on these displays) and will likely lead to peg warmers. That will then jeopardize future series production...


I think it's largely because 1) it was a new marketing strategy with some risk involved and 2) short-sighted retailers didn't buy into it. Once they realized there was a fever out there, the only cure being more cowb...er...minifigs...retailers like TRU, Target and Wal-Mart got on the bandwagon. Rumor had it that Series 2 was supposedly going to be as limited a run as Series 1, with Series 3 being the first one to be widely/wildly available. Maybe someone at LEGO kicked the conveyor belt into overdrive for these series 2 figs though.


I can also tell you that yesterday EE got in a large but shorted order from what their original P.O. to Lego was for series 2. I for one had a large wholesale order with them and it was cut almost in half and my understanding is that the allocation they got was about 50-60% of their placed order (they won't discuss exact numbers). They also cut back on wholesale fulfillment and reserved extra for the retail side of their business (which I fully expected since they jacked the prices up) and they said they may allow those items to come back to the wholesale side if there's any left after they've sat on the retail side for a while. Oh well, life goes on.....
that guy
 
Posts: 492
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:04 am

Re: [USA] S@H Series 2 Collectible Minifigures

Postby mkoesel » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:33 pm

I have ordered two sets of 16 from S@H. Here's what I got:

0 1 (1) Skier
0 1 (1) Karate Champ
4 0 (4) Witch
1 0 (1) Vampire
0 2 (2) Surfers
0 1 (1) Spartans
1 1 (2) Mariachi Players
2 0 (2) Lifeguards
0 1 (1) Ringleaders
0 2 (2) Pop Singers
1 0 (1) Pharaohs
2 2 (5) Motorcycle Cops
3 4 (7) Weightlifters
0 0 (0) Disco DJs
1 1 (2) Explorer
1 0 (1) Mimes

I am pretty happy with this over all. I got at least one of every on except Disco Stew. I'll try to find him at B&M store. I got a pretty good distribution of the others, save for the weighlifters and cops. Interestingly, other than those two, the only ones that I got in both shipments was the explorer and the mariachi, and I only got one of each in each.
mkoesel
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:12 am

Re: [USA] S@H Series 2 Collectible Minifigures

Postby EbonHawk » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:19 pm

The other day my mom went to Tru and was able to pick up 16 packs for 2.99.I got a pretty good lot.

1 spartan
3 mexicans
2 ring masters
1 witch
1 explorer
1 mime
1 weight lifter
1 pop singer
2 karate dudes
1 surfer dude
2 pharaoh
0 vampire
0 traffic cop
0 life guard
0 skier
0 disco dude
EbonHawk
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:37 am
Location: Ellicott City,Maryland

Re: [USA] S@H Series 2 Collectible Minifigures

Postby fredjh » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:34 pm

EbonHawk wrote:The other day my mom went to Tru and was able to pick up 16 packs for 2.99.I got a pretty good lot.


You got a random set from TRU and it had a Spartan? Bravo, my friend, that surely defies the odds.

Hey, mkossel, I'll trade you a Disco guy for a Pop Singer....
fredjh
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:46 am
Location: Lilburn, GA

Re: [USA] S@H Series 2 Collectible Minifigures

Postby bobalego » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:51 pm

This thread makes me angry...ok not the thread but the results. I am awaiting my 16 minfigs from shop at home. At this point even though I can order them for less than 8 dollars on bricklink, I would rather receive a box with 3 Spartan figures and the other 13 figures stolen by the UPS delivery dude than, have 16 non Spartan figures...If I do not open a Spartan figure in my assortment I will quit LEGO fo rat least a few weeks :facepalm:
bobalego
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:23 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Finds/Deals

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests