Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[USA] S@H Series 2 Collectible Minifigures

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Re: [USA] S@H Series 2 Collectible Minifigures

Postby Prince Kahuka » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:32 pm

No figs in sight at 3 different Targets yesterday, but at a 4th Target I found almost two full boxes. I found out why when I went to check out - they wouldn't let me buy more than two figs. The Target security guard even came over to take back everything over my two limit. He said there was a sign stating the two limit next to the figs, but I didn't see anything. At least they let me go through and choose the ones I wanted, so I got to pick out 2 of the 5 I was missing, which included the only Spartan in the lot. I guess I should be glad there was a limit, otherwise I'm sure they would have all been gone just like the other three Targets. (BTW they were $1.99.)
Prince Kahuka

Postby GIR3691 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:07 pm

I've basically given up trying to find these at retail. Every time I go in to Target I ask, and they tell me I just missed them but a new shipment is imminent. I guess there's some guy who lives around here who keeps buying full boxes. Either that or the employees are incompetent.

Anyway, ordered a pile of them off S@H, using some VIP points to offset shipping. We'll see what happens.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby fredjh » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:54 pm

GIR3691 wrote:I've basically given up trying to find these at retail. Every time I go in to Target I ask, and they tell me I just missed them but a new shipment is imminent. I guess there's some guy who lives around here who keeps buying full boxes. Either that or the employees are incompetent.

Anyway, ordered a pile of them off S@H, using some VIP points to offset shipping. We'll see what happens.

I just tried to order a second set. We'll see what happens. I don't think it's greedy to just want a complete set (plus a few of some specific ones the kids like). Either they'll send it or they won't... but I didn't use my points. In fact, I bulked up my order to get free shipping... I think I totaled around $77.00. Hey... the boy wants a Vampire! And I still don't have a Spartan.
fredjh

Postby SonOfSolo » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:08 am

So Ive got a story. I went to Target yesterday and found the halloween aisle. There were no figures but there was a tag and a spot for them. I took the tag to an employee with a scanner and he said that they were just setting up that aisle still and to come back in a couple days. He scanned it anyways and said "looks like we have 114 in stock." I asked him if he could go bring them out and he said they were on the back somewhere and they couldn't find them. That's weird I said. Someone found them since they are in case counts of 60 and you are missing 6 figures. I'm guessing all spartans. Good luck getting unopened cases at your Targets.
SonOfSolo

Postby that guy » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:19 pm

Yeah Target's computer system is NOT a real time system. Meaning their "inventory counts" are only valid at the time they open the doors. All items that are sold during the day aren't cleared from the system until specified times during the day, usually late in the afternoon so they can't be trusted unless you get their first thing in the morning.
that guy

Postby renesisx » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:48 pm

Also, at the Targets I've visited, I've found the boxes in random places all over the stores. I think people pull the boxes off the shelf and take them elsewhere in the store to go through them and then leave them there. Or they just hide them so they can go back later.
renesisx

Postby Draykov » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:46 pm

timetempest wrote:I scanned a pack and it showed as $2.99. I guess Target realized TRU has no problem moving them at $2.99, so why not increase their own profit.

Confirmed...a Target I went to today had them for $2.99.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby SonOfSolo » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:16 pm

So an update on my above story. I went to the same Target after work today and they had 2 "full Cases" out. I counted them and there weer only the 6 missing just like the guy the night before told me. I scanned all of them and guess what.............only the 6 Spartans were missing. The tag at their location said $1.99 but when I went to the register they rang up as $2.99. The guy called a manager and they lowered the price for me to $1.99. Thanks buddy.
SonOfSolo

Postby fdwang » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:24 am

I noticed that people have been saying that the mini figures at walmart include 6 spartans per box.

If so, does that mean TLC has decided to make spartans more available due to the hoarding from collectors?

Also I saw posts that Mini Figures are available at Fred Meyer stores now.

Wow, it seems like Series two production is 2-4x that of series one.
fdwang

Postby legodavee123 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:21 am

fdwang wrote:Wow, it seems like Series two production is 2-4x that of series one.

The rumor that seems to be going around (quasi-backed up from LEGO, but not explicitly?) is that the production was the same as Series 1. Series 2 went into production before Series 1 hit the shelves, so LEGO didn't get a chance to beef up quantities or fix the barcode issue like they wanted to.

But from what I heard, I would expect that while the actual quantities may have been the same, the distribution is different. It sounded like certain venues sold out of Series 1 in a frenzied blur, while others sat idle. So it would make sense that for Series 2, they adjusted the locations and volumes so that places that sold well the first time got more quantities, and places that sold slowly got less.

Granted, that's what seems to have been implied by LEGO-- it's possible that they DID get higher quantities, and that fans have simply been misinterpreting the bits that LEGO's been telling us.

DaveE
legodavee123

Postby that guy » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:07 pm

This may very well be a case of perception is reality. Whether or not Lego actually made any more of S2 vs S1 isn't really what's at play here. What's at stake is the actual fact that at least 2 extra major chains have them available vs. before which at the very least gives the illusion of increased production. It's all speculation of course but consider the following. Lego physically sold out of S1 on S@H within 3 weeks but secondary markets continued to receive S1 shipments long after that (in some case a month later). What may be happening this time is EVERYONE got them within a tighter window (given the fact that Walmart, Target, Fred Meyer, and others have them already) giving the illusion of mass production, but in fact may lead to quicker out of stocks as a whole since we may not see them 'trickle' into store over a 2 month period so they may sell out as a group much faster than S1. Just my take on the situation.
that guy

Postby J30spiff » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:05 pm

that guy wrote:....What may be happening this time is EVERYONE got them within a tighter window (given the fact that Walmart, Target, Fred Meyer, and others have them already) giving the illusion of mass production, but in fact may lead to quicker out of stocks as a whole since we may not see them 'trickle' into store over a 2 month period so they may sell out as a group much faster than S1. Just my take on the situation.

I agree with your assessment. It seems for the most part that everyone is finding Series 2. Since more stores are carrying it, you can find it easier.

I was on a trip for work today and I stopped at 2 Targets that had the Series 2 figures for $2.99. I'm still upset about the price hike. Both had what appeared to be 2 full cases each and I was able to complete a 3rd set and was able to pick up a couple Spartans. Good trip. :D
J30spiff

Postby JamesBenjamin » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:44 pm

Someone said in one of these threads that they've been slightly harder to find in Europe and the UK, but also by this point in the Series 1 timeline I had gotten my order for 3 cases from EE... This time, nothing (yet). So Lego may have deliberately held back stock from EE to make room for Target, etc.
We are such stuff as manure is made of, so let's drink up and forget it... -Eugiene O'Neill
JamesBenjamin

Postby J30spiff » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:02 pm

Everyone knows where to find the minifigs @ Target. Is Walmart more random with their placement? I think more info about Walmart can help us all out.
J30spiff

Postby fredjh » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:22 pm

So... two weeks after ordering 16 from S@H, they allowed me to order another 16. Sure, I don't know what I'm getting, but I don't carry around a barcode sheet with me anyway, and it was $2.00... and I guarantee I can find something to do with whatever I got.
fredjh

Postby CJF28 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:06 pm

Got off the phone with customer service at S@H. they were very nice. I didnt even have to argue or raise my voice. She simply said they could not track the order once it went USPS, and since its been "out for delivery" for 5 days now, they consider it lost. and will ship me another order, 2nd day air. should have it tuesday or wednesday.

and who knows, maybe my first order will show up sooner or later.
CJF28

Postby popnfresh » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:14 pm

I'm convinced all the Targets around me have told them to keep the stock in back until every store gets the price markup memo. Four of them around me have had an empty spot on the shelf with the label for a week or more now, so they have either decided that the wal-mart style of stocking and organization is a good thing :x , or they are leaving them off the floor on purpose.
popnfresh

Postby J30spiff » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:56 pm

popnfresh wrote:. . .have had an empty spot on the shelf with the label for a week or more now, so they have either decided that the wal-mart style of stocking and organization is a good thing :x . . .

I'm a bit curious, what walmart style of stocking are you referring to?
J30spiff

Postby GIR3691 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:40 pm

Got my order in from S@H today:

1 Skier
1 Karate Champ
2 Witch
1 Vampire
0 Surfers
0 Spartans
0 Mariachi Players
2 Lifeguards
1 Ringleaders
1 Pop Singers
0 Pharaohs
1 Motorcycle Cops
2 Weightlifters
2 Disco DJs
2 Explorer
0 Mimes

Not a bad assortment. At least I didn't get 16 ringmasters. Still need 5 more to complete the set, and I have 5 duplicates. The Spartans are going for $7+ on Bricklink, so that'll be a pain to get.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby Qzak » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:35 pm

popnfresh wrote:I'm convinced all the Targets around me have told them to keep the stock in back until every store gets the price markup memo. Four of them around me have had an empty spot on the shelf with the label for a week or more now, so they have either decided that the wal-mart style of stocking and organization is a good thing :x , or they are leaving them off the floor on purpose.

Same here, last week they checked the item # and said they were in the back, part of the Halloween staging, might be out in a week or 2 (she didn't really want to go look for them for me). So I've been checking every day for 2 weeks.....nothing yet. At least TRU got another box out Friday that someone had already picked through by the time I got there, still manage to get the Disco, Skier, Vampire, Witch, Pharoah, Karate, & Surfer.
Qzak

PreviousNext

Return to Finds/Deals